YesNoOk

NoZ's WarZoNe Custom Portrait Thread (Read 886872 times)

Started by Saikoro, September 09, 2012, 07:09:31 pm
Share this topic:
Re: NoZ's WarZoNe Custom Portrait Thread
#1241  February 03, 2013, 07:33:03 pm
its alright D give me feedback I will update it and make it better I want to learn this. I want to help contributing some top quality portraits.So anything that can help me improve is welcome :)
#1242  February 03, 2013, 07:44:17 pm
  • PlayerOneShow
    • USA
@Hephaistos31: Thank you very much. I appreciate your comment!! Good art always gets me excited. Revival is no exception. ;D

@Flawless: Your eye is great for selecting artwork that's catchy to the eyes. However, as WattaWright mentioned, your outline is a bit too much. But you bring up an interesting point: You went a different route with the outline. While it's a bit bright, I think its great you used a different color than what NoZ, and everyone else, uses. This can be exploited in different ways... Evil characters could have red while neutral characters could have blur or white. Interesting.

Lastly, look into spending a little more time cleaning up your art. While perception of quality is different from person to person, Ken has a lot of obvious problem spots. Take a little more time and your outcome of quality will improve.

Yea i try to think outside the box with the colors, I will tone the yellow down a bit but as far as cleaning the dots i don't think my vision is clear enough and niether are my skills to clean it properly without making it look distorted, I would need to see someone else do it firsthand in order for me to learn it. Any video tutorials on how to clean an 8bit image pixel by pixel?
#1243  February 03, 2013, 09:40:56 pm
    • USA
    • jackregz@gmail.com
Some of the pictures ended up looking kinda awkward IMO. There's a bit of color loss in SOME of them. maybe all i dunno I really love how venom turned out c: whaddya guys think?

download em here
http://www.mediafire.com/?61jqdx99ezffji6
enjoy

oh um about the win ports. I dont personally use a win screen i turn it off. and i use the normal lifebars so those other portraits, this guy didn't make sorry :l

I would absolutely love to know how you disabled the win screen. Care to share?
#1244  February 03, 2013, 09:43:44 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
[Victory Screen]
enabled = 0
Find that in the system.def and make sure enabled is set to 0
#1245  February 03, 2013, 11:05:30 pm
  • Half Mutant, Half Saiyan
Here is a BIG portrait for Evil Ken. You can download from my signature from my mediafire.

Flawless: Duuuuudeee this portrait is just gorgeous! great job!!
Say, is there any chance that you could do an alternative version of this portrait? same picture, only named: Violent Ken?

Also... anyone feeling like making this picture into an evil Ryu counterpart? just imagine the epicness of this and evil Ken facing each other
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Of course I mean the image were Ryu is standing still, no hadouken intended
Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:16:37 pm by Wolvegeta
#1246  February 03, 2013, 11:49:23 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Alright. Have all the Turtles and Krang been done yet?
#1247  February 04, 2013, 12:15:03 am
  • fuck me right in the street
    • USA
Can someone create Big/Win/LB Portraits for Lvl. 2 Shin Akuma

This was the best artwork I could find
#1248  February 04, 2013, 12:32:39 am
  • Screenpack, Stage, & Lifebar Creator/Editor
    • USA
    • navarretechris22.wixsite.com/spectramugen
Can anyone do some portraits for Rasetsumaru?

I found these 2 pics that may help.

Renegade Custom Portrait Thread: https://goo.gl/e8Z7Ts
Project Thread: https://goo.gl/4n8CEt
#1249  February 04, 2013, 01:26:09 am
  • PlayerOneShow
    • USA
Updated Evil Ken

Will do other ports i think are cool from this page on this thread.
@Wolvegeta: There is a cool looking Evil Ryu that comes with the Warzone screenpack itself, try that out.

EDIT: Violent Ken is inside my mediafire now, you can grab em.

Pros
- Got rid of the super glowy hair that wasn't even glowing lol.
- Fixed His hip area to be open to the Warzone Background.

Cons
- Still suffering from colorloss because of my lack pixel replacing skills and just overall laziness.

EVIL KEN V2 BIG

FINISHED Shin Akuma LVL 2

BIG
WIN
LIFEBAR
Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:22:11 am by Flawless
#1250  February 04, 2013, 03:55:00 am
    • USA
Updated Evil Ken

Will do other ports i think are cool from this page on this thread.
@Wolvegeta: There is a cool looking Evil Ryu that comes with the Warzone screenpack itself, try that out.

EDIT: Violent Ken is inside my mediafire now, you can grab em.

Pros
- Got rid of the super glowy hair that wasn't even glowing lol.
- Fixed His hip area to be open to the Warzone Background.

Cons
- Still suffering from colorloss because of my lack pixel replacing skills and just overall laziness.

EVIL KEN V2 BIG

FINISHED Shin Akuma LVL 2

BIG
WIN
LIFEBAR

Thanks! Came out awesome! I know it was a small image, but you made it work! I really appreciate bro
#1251  February 04, 2013, 04:11:50 am
  • PlayerOneShow
    • USA
@Reck: No problem.

Finished Rasetsumaru

BIG
WIN
LIFEBAR
Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:57:12 am by Flawless
#1252  February 04, 2013, 05:01:33 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
@Flawless:

:pwnonk:

Um, not to come off as rude or arrogant here, but Rasetsumaru needs a ton of work. Now I understand you are just getting in to this, but he looks like he was literally erased from his background and slapped right into the screenpack. I'd recommend zooming in and using the eraser tool to edge out the whites by hand and at least attempt to clean up colorloss to some degree.

You also said it yourself in a previous post. I'm just pointing it out:

Still suffering from colorloss because of my lack pixel replacing skills and just overall laziness.

That there isn't a good sign. Granted, everyone has their own level of quality and not everyone is going to spend hours on art like we do; nor do we expect you to spend hours on a single image, but at least put a little more effort into your work.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#1253  February 04, 2013, 05:37:27 am
    • USA
I'd like to make a few requests, Now I haven't really been keeping up with this giant thread so some of these may exist...
(P.S. I'm looking for complete sets Big/LB/Wins)

Z-Akuma (Or any other Cyberbots characters)
Samurai Shodown Characters
Poison (Final Fight)
Mike Haggar
Tekken Characters (Specifically Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, Ogre, Paul, Kuma, Young Heihachi, and Moku Pac-Man)
Soul Calibur Characters (Specifically Taki, Sophitia, Astaroth (SCIV Style), and Ivy)
Duke Nukem
Rayne (Blood Rayne)
Link (Legend of Zelda)
Oni (Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition)
Any Street Fighter 3 characters (using the Online Edition artwork)
Urien (Street Fighter)
Gill (Street Fighter)
Karin (Street Fighter)
Sakura (Street Fighter)
Orochi Iori
Orochi (King of Fighter)

Now I don't want anyone to feel obligated to make these because I know it's a lot. So I am going to try and make a few but I am a little novice to all this espeically when it comes to making win portraits... Well thanks
#1254  February 04, 2013, 05:42:14 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
there isn't a good sign. Granted, everyone has their own level of quality and not everyone is going to spend hours on art like we do; nor do we expect you to spend hours on a single image, but at least put a little more effort into your work.
It's not really that bad, I've seen worse.
#1255  February 04, 2013, 06:03:03 am
  • PlayerOneShow
    • USA
@Saikoro: Yea I know and I wish I could but I can't for the life of me get the cutting and pixel cleaning right.
I zoom in 1600% and do what i can but my eye for that just isn't on par with yours or others, the only thing I can see well is major discoloration or white lines. If it's minor discoloration or minor white lines I just can't do anything about it without feeling like the "ain't nobody got time fo dat" lady. :shocked3:
Side note: I'm gonna take at look at your SF2 work and see more or less how you do it so I can try it myself, hopefully it turns out well, i'm gonna try it on Evil Ken first.

@Reck: Check the Warzone portraits folder that came with the screenpack, it should have about 95% of those that you just listed. Also use the search bar on this thread to find any others, i'm sure I have seen 99% of them already made in this thread.  :thumbsup:

@Lith: Thanks but he is right to a certain degree, I will just have to learn my own way of cleaning the portraits better.
there isn't a good sign. Granted, everyone has their own level of quality and not everyone is going to spend hours on art like we do; nor do we expect you to spend hours on a single image, but at least put a little more effort into your work.
It's not really that bad, I've seen worse.
Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 06:36:50 am by Flawless
#1256  February 04, 2013, 06:10:15 am
  • shit at most things but ok at some
    • Australia
I'd like to make a few requests, Now I haven't really been keeping up with this giant thread so some of these may exist...
(P.S. I'm looking for complete sets Big/LB/Wins)

Z-Akuma (Or any other Cyberbots characters)
Samurai Shodown Characters
Poison (Final Fight)
Mike Haggar
Tekken dCharacters (Specifically Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, Ogre, Paul, Kuma, Young Heihachi, and Moku Pac-Man)
Soul Calibur Characters (Specifically Taki, Sophitia, Astaroth (SCIV Style), and Ivy)
Duke Nukem
Rayne (Blood Rayne)
Link (Legend of Zelda)
Oni (Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition)
Any Street Fighter 3 characters (using the Online Edition artwork)
Urien (Street Fighter)
Gill (Street Fighter)
Karin (Street Fighter)
Sakura (Street Fighter)
Orochi Iori
Orochi (King of Fighter)

Now I don't want anyone to feel obligated to make these because I know it's a lot. So I am going to try and make a few but I am a little novice to all this espeically when it comes to making win portraits... Well thanks

I did a fair few of those, and some are included with the screenpack
i make bad videos watch them if you like bad videos (http://www.youtube.com/user/EchFilm?feature=watch)
#1257  February 04, 2013, 06:56:38 am
This topic has gone nuts. People stop making requests after requests look really good most of the portraits you requested are already here. And people not gonna do new portraits with your artwork just because ...

I'm gonna be back here with a Shredder, Dcat's shredder needs a portrait:)
#1258  February 04, 2013, 07:05:46 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
This topic has gone nuts. People stop making requests after requests look really good most of the portraits you requested are already here. And people not gonna do new portraits with your artwork just because ...

I'm gonna be back here with a Shredder, Dcat's shredder needs a portrait:)

I made one already. But I have better art I found for it.
#1259  February 04, 2013, 07:18:52 am
  • PlayerOneShow
    • USA
@The Real Niko: Hey man I need your Tetsu BIG and WIN portraits so bad.  :D
#1260  February 04, 2013, 07:26:03 am
    • USA
I made some Urien portraits! these are my first portraits for this screenpack, so please be gentle... I worked hard on it :D

Screenshots:

PCX's:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/n6dmu2
Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:12:31 am by Reck