YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1522247 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#2241  July 14, 2018, 03:46:58 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Fur? I think I seen it in trailer
#2242  July 14, 2018, 04:27:46 pm
Yeah, green fur somehow (it's ugly), and black forearm+shin guards like the old Saiyan designs (Nappa, Bardock). Also a skin tight pair of pants like Kefla, I'm really not a fan.

edit - oh, d'uh. It just hit me, between the arm guards, the boots, and the skin tight pants, this is telling us that this Broly was living as a regular Saiyan soldier for a time with the full classic Saiyan gear, just like Vegeta and Nappa and the likes, before breaking away and going all wild man living in the forest or something, probably, judging by the fur skirt and the absence of armor. So his backstory is probably completely revamped then, no exile as a baby, no Paragus scheming for revenge against Vegeta.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 09:33:05 pm by Byakko
#2243  July 14, 2018, 11:50:08 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
maybe exile part remains(not as a baby) and paragus remains(but they dont really explain and we would just assume that he couldnt survive destruction of planet)
I feel like,they could have gone for he hates Vegeta and his father instead of Goku can't they? Just hoping here
#2244  July 15, 2018, 12:45:50 am
I dunno, Broly's hate for Goku is pretty much his entire character and Toriyama did say he wanted to please Broly fans. Either that was only about his absolute juggernaut style, or it included literally the one and only personality trait he has. Plus in that teaser, he does seem pretty miffed when staring at Goku for all two seconds we see of him :P
I think the hatred for Goku can stay, but it just needs an actual legit reason (well, as far as berserk logic goes, at least, it doesn't have to be a super deep reason), and Toriyama wants to do the character justice, so maybe that's the big point he's updating about him.

... If Broly was a soldier just like Nappa and Vegeta judging by the remains of his Saiyan gear, maybe he wasn't too far from them (without being part of their group like Raditz) and he's pissed that Goku beat Vegeta and Broly was left completely abandoned, especially after the Freeza force was wiped ? Vegeta doesn't need to know about Broly (well, he says early on that they're the last Saiyans but then again, Table shows up a decade later) but maybe, I dunno, Broly had hopes that the Saiyans could rise again and Goku beating Vegeta killed that dream. That would mean Broly wants to defend Vegeta's honor so who knows, but abandonment issues would at least be a step up to explain his insanity (plus it would even resonate with Kale who worships Caulifla). (also abandonment issues probably means no Paragus but who cares about him)
... Just rolling the ball off the fact that he's wearing worn-out Saiyan gears and a fur pelt, don't take it seriously.
By the way, considering Toriyama gave us Dragon Ball Minus where it turns out Goku was like 3 when he was sent to Earth, and not a newborn baby, Broly hearing Goku's cries as a newborn baby and then surviving the exploding planet is out of the window, so there's that.

... Anyway I still don't get why that fur pelt is green, it's weird. Red would be slightly more natural and a more obvious throwback to his original design. I wouldn't expect it to mean anything, but that's just ugly, it tickles me the wrong way.

(last edit : I was looking through the first responses when the movie teaser came out and lol @ the "huh, feels like Broly" comments - well except LJK who was glad to see a new Saiyan villain that's not Broly)

Edit again -
https://mobile.twitter.com/V_Jump/status/1018649883698290688
Oho ? Design for base and ssj form, also figurines. So he does have the full Saiyan armor. I like it.
It's much more recent than Nappa's though, so it looks more like he was part of Freeza's force during the resurrection movie... ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 11:32:17 am by Byakko
#2245  July 16, 2018, 04:30:43 pm
    • Germany
Looks not bad, but I'm not realy a fan of the colors.
#2246  July 17, 2018, 01:49:25 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
(last edit : I was looking through the first responses when the movie teaser came out and lol @ the "huh, feels like Broly" comments - well except LJK who was glad to see a new Saiyan villain that's not Broly)
Which is funny to me, because I'm fine with it being Broly.  Just, I did not expect it at all to turn out as such at the time.

Eh, though, that new outfit on Broly is a bit of an eyesore.  The red cloth to fur is whatever, not a big deal at all, but those color choices?  I guess Broly's an Evangelion fan, now.  Also, I can't help but notice a resemblance at how the new Frieza armor looks a bit like one of Multiverse's copies of Broly, minus the shoulder pads.

I mean, I'm sure this isn't a case of them straight-up taking from Multiverse, but its happened before where Super ends up mirroring Multiverse in some ways.
#2247  July 17, 2018, 02:25:52 am
Also, I can't help but notice a resemblance at how the new Frieza armor looks a bit like one of Multiverse's copies of Broly, minus the shoulder pads.
The slightly more square-ish shape and the type of colors (secondary "evil" colors instead of primary "good" colors) are close to the stuff that Freeza's army was wearing during the Resurrection movie
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Tagoma (edit - in fact it's nearly identical to that one http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Shisami )
Toriyama's base form sketch was shown during Jump Victory Carnival, it's real nice
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/jul/16/heres-look-reboot-broly-upcoming-dragon-ball-super-movie/
It's a bit different, with an emphasize on the worn down, "lived in the wild for a few years" aspect, and he already lost the armor (except another image from Toei shows him green with the armor intact, so I dunno, maybe the worn down one is from the end of the movie, I'm feeling a bit lost at this point). Also blue pants instead of purple, so I'll just blame Toei as usual.
Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:08:20 pm by Byakko

lui

#2248  July 17, 2018, 02:38:01 am
    • USA
DBH would suck if it weren't literally it being a promotion for a kids arcade game that is made to sell cards and merchandising. it's pretty aware of what it is and rather than dwell on plot stuff it's made to cater to those young boys who wanna see their arcade game come to life and punch people.

which is a nice change of pace, gives those power level boner lovers finally something to watch and not complain about lol
#2249  July 17, 2018, 12:38:31 pm
why green? why not keep the fur redish brown. hair kinda looks like goku's and not broly. and isn't that the new freeza force armor? so he's working for freeza?
#2250  July 18, 2018, 05:23:12 pm
    • Germany
#2251  July 18, 2018, 06:20:17 pm
damn paragus looks old , toriyama forgot that saiyans age slowly huh?
#2252  July 18, 2018, 06:27:10 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Or he is that old.
#2253  July 18, 2018, 07:17:00 pm
So he was in Freeza's forces too and he's the one who was hiding Broly, then. But Paragus wanting revenge on Vegeta doesn't really look like it'll fit anymore at this point - he's been around Freeza's forces all this time even when Vegeta was still there ?
Manga update - wow, Gohan's standing up to Kefla ?? (yes, already) Nice Broly montage of Kale, too.
Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 01:11:35 am by Byakko
#2254  July 20, 2018, 01:29:41 am
  • Niigasan
Shits nuts
#2255  July 20, 2018, 02:45:14 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Looks pretty.

Well, from my estimation, we can see they still have an introduction to Broly as a baby, as well as a second baby with him.  Presumably we'll still have the baby Broly/Goku connection, just probably done better somehow.  Also we see old Paragus touch down to find an old, deserted Saiyan pod.  Probably means that Paragus sent Broly away from Planet Vegeta before its destruction without going with the baby, and is retrieving him at a later point, hence the fur attachment because he went all Saiyan Tarzan growing up.  Throwing Frieza into the mix and Broly wanting to fight him, maybe the pod includes a recording of Frieza doing the deed of destroying his home planet?  Or Paragus shows him later in life, I suppose works too.

Seems if he's mopping the floor with Vegeta, Frieza and Goku at their max before he even turns into the Legendary form, then Ultra Instinct is gonna be their key out of this.  Which, lets be fair, we were probably expecting regardless, but I suppose its zen state does make for a nice opposite for Broly's rage-inducing form, so that should be nice at the end.

That or, seeing the four-star Dragon Ball is in play here, maybe they have a wish at the end to solve things.  I was more imagining that if they were going to use them in the film, it would be to bring Goku a challenger, rather than solve their crisis, but seeing it's still active in the trailer I'm guessing they're saving it for the end of the film.

Edit: Correction, Paragus touching down to the broken pod has greying hair, but not as grey as it is in the present time, thus it must have been some time beforehand.  Could still mean he found Broly mid-teens or something, but clearly some time had past between that and the start of this movie.
Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 02:52:46 am by Long John Killer
#2256  July 20, 2018, 03:01:31 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
omg i can't wait until early next year to see that movie
#2257  July 20, 2018, 03:10:20 am
Damn, those fights look brutal (reminds me of the original movie) and with some good visual quality. Broly beating up two SSJ and body checking Freeza while in his base form is looking pretty cool.
Zen state against rage state sounds like it might get pretty frustrating fast, just watching Broly start punching the air a lot and failing to hit Goku who's just dancing around him, it doesn't really sound like a good match to me. It depends on how long they drag that out, but making it super short might be boring too. They avoided that in the Jiren fight by having Goku learn it gradually and failing at first, but I'm not sure they can pull off the same trick again (and the Jiren fight ended with everyone simply punching the shit out of each other in the face anyway).
At least they kept the "keep babies in a jar for a few years first" idea from Dragon Ball Minus. I don't see baby Carrot crying all the time in that liquid though, it's still not quite right IMO.
Yeah, Paragus looks younger when he finds the capsule. Broly is probably at least a teen when Paragus finds him, but I still don't see how he managed to slip him into Freeza's army once Freeza comes back. And I don't really get why Freeza is calling his power magnificent, I don't see him holding back his disgust for Saiyans for any reason. He doesn't seem anymore like he'd particularly pissed specifically at Goku, too. So anyway, the blue tights and white boots from Toriyama's rough design are from his wild phase, then Paragus finds him, and he gets a purple and green upgrade, then, right ?
Oh yeah, and since Paragus is probably finding that capsule after the planet was destroyed.... Then who the hell is that other Saiyan next to him ? Goku/Vegeta/Nappa/Raditz/Tarble were completely not the last remaining Saiyans at all ! What the fuck, Vegeta.
Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 03:21:30 am by Byakko
#2258  July 20, 2018, 03:33:36 am
Let's just hope this new Broly is able to crush Goku and his goons,
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
  :gouki:
#2259  July 20, 2018, 04:02:12 pm
    • Germany
Oh yeah, and since Paragus is probably finding that capsule after the planet was destroyed.... Then who the hell is that other Saiyan next to him ? Goku/Vegeta/Nappa/Raditz/Tarble were completely not the last remaining Saiyans at all ! What the fuck, Vegeta.

It's probably a Saiyan that was already presumed to be dead, Freezer's army is maybe advanced but they can't find people across the entire universe even with scouters, Paragus and his companion where probably so unimportant that no one even checked, there could be even more "low level Saiyans" out there on some primitiv or harsh worlds where someone could survive, but no sane person would want to go.^^
#2260  July 20, 2018, 05:44:26 pm
    • matthewrobs@yahoo.com
For almost 10 years... 10 years everyone called me stupid. Everybody said I'm crazy and everything, yet I knew this day would come. Not only did geese make it in Tekken 7, but BROLY IS NOW CANON! I TOLD Y'ALL!!!!

I told y'all for many many years this would happen!