YesNoOk

The King of Fighters ~ 20th Anniversary (Read 90930 times)

Started by videoman, July 16, 2013, 02:01:21 pm
Share this topic:
The King of Fighters ~ 20th Anniversary
#1  July 16, 2013, 02:01:21 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190

- According to next.rikunabi.com the next KOF is coming to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the game.

- Many overseas staffs from America, France, South Korea, and China also participated in the project.

- 3D Technology will be used instead of 2D Sprites to create the Next-Generation of KOF.

- The developers are working very hard about how they will represent the 2D image in 3D !!

- The game seems is planned for PS3 and XBOX 360.

Development Staff - Pictures !

Mr. Yamamoto, the overseas producer of the project.

Overseas staff from America, France, South Korea, and China also participated in the project.

Game development floor. And enough space in preparation for increasing the number of development staff. 

Source : http://next.rikunabi.com/company/cmi2037615001/nx1_rq0009773615/?fr=cp_s00700&list_disp_no=6
Source : http://kofkoucha.wordpress.com
Re: The King of Fighters ~ 20th Anniversary
#2  July 16, 2013, 02:30:40 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Yeah finally a 3d kof game after a long time
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:35:29 pm by Segatron
#3  July 16, 2013, 02:34:18 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#4  July 16, 2013, 02:41:07 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Read the rest of his post, after a long time.  It has been a long time since the last 3D KOF.
#5  July 16, 2013, 02:45:10 pm
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
Which happened to be edited just after Reinholds' post, lol.

Here's to hoping they bring back Luise Meyrink. Loved that butterfly girl. :3
#6  July 16, 2013, 02:47:47 pm
    • USA
SNK wants it to be out next year?  I dunno if that's a good idea, that's a lot of pressure and not much development time.
#7  July 16, 2013, 03:04:28 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA

Here is what Professor translated...

http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/bbs/messages/13411.shtml#64522

Well let's see, to point out the main highlights.. aside from what was previously posted on their official site, the job listing also recruits for

- Experienced Network engineers
C/C++, Protocol connection
(Programmers that can write realtime communication TCP/UDP code)

Which is great. But also to put it in other words, If they're looking for net coding staff now, that casts a shadow over rumors of better netcode with the rumored steam version.

Oh boy, and their introduction sentences are seriously ironic.

"With social network games and casual games bloating the market, we at SNKPlaymore hope to bring the joy of fighting games to people around the world as an established brand.

Our Samurai Shodown series is currently at its 20th anniversary, and our KOF series will be celecrating its 20th anniversary as well next year.

We are recruiting development staffs for our huge project: the creation of next-generation titles for our two most popular series."

And the ending sentences reads

"We have just started on our projects under the slogans of "The ultimate 3D KOF" and "The ultimate Samurai Shodown", and we will take our time to develop the games. Our results are still far away, but we are confident that you will feel a great accomplishment when the game is complete. Let us work together to create this project that fans all over the world are waiting for."
[\Quote]
#8  July 16, 2013, 03:04:48 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Yeah I think SNK should take their time like they did with XIII, remember how XII was rushed out and it was problematic for them.
#9  July 16, 2013, 03:07:17 pm
    • USA
"With social network games and casual games bloating the market, we at SNKPlaymore hope to bring the joy of fighting games to people around the world as an established brand.

You're already an established brand to me SNK.  T____T
#10  July 16, 2013, 06:18:41 pm
Yeah I think SNK should take their time like they did with XIII, remember how XII was rushed out and it was problematic for them.

It wasn't so much "rushed out" more than it was "they used so much time and money" that they had to release something (XII) to recoup costs.

Those sprites took forever to make (the shading alone took about a year for each character). Using 3D will cut the amount of time by at least half.
#11  July 16, 2013, 08:46:09 pm
lol! if they won't release it in 2014 then they'll miss the 20th anniversary. just stick with the xii sprites and add some new characters and moves for the previous ones like power dunk for terry it'll be alot more cheaper for them.

Zeo

#12  July 16, 2013, 09:44:24 pm
  • A long time around.
lol! if they won't release it in 2014 then they'll miss the 20th anniversary. just stick with the xii sprites and add some new characters and moves for the previous ones like power dunk for terry it'll be alot more cheaper for them.
I don't see that going well, a lot of people will just look at it as a rehash.
#13  July 16, 2013, 09:51:36 pm
    • USA

It takes about 6 months to sprite one character soooooooooooooo
#14  July 16, 2013, 09:59:56 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
They might add all the characters from the Ash Saga(Since 98 they do a dream match at the end of each saga and they might follow that pattern!). Even MI3 is a Possibility since unlike Capcom SNK Playmore owns all of their characters!
Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:05:51 pm by videoman
#15  July 16, 2013, 10:16:35 pm
'cept K9999, I think. Or at least he's just taken out of KOF canon.
#16  July 16, 2013, 10:19:02 pm
they took him out. for safety measures. sad cause he's more cooler than mr.purple gay flame.
#17  July 16, 2013, 10:19:42 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/

It wasn't so much "rushed out" more than it was "they used so much time and money" that they had to release something (XII) to recoup costs.

Those sprites took forever to make (the shading alone took about a year for each character). Using 3D will cut the amount of time by at least half.
I was saying XII was rushed out, not XIII. and XII did not sell well... So they still messed up with rushing product out.
#18  July 16, 2013, 10:51:03 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Here's hoping they release a compilation game with the old school sprites for the 20th anniversary.
#19  July 17, 2013, 05:07:53 am
    • USA

It takes about 6 months to sprite one character soooooooooooooo

So they will sprite several at the same time with different people working on each character like they did with KOF XII and XIII? Not like it matters anyway, they moved to 3D :(
#20  July 17, 2013, 05:12:08 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
It takes 6 months to sprite 1 character for a game that uses 3d models