YesNoOk

ReddBrinks Color Separations Thread (Commissions Re-opened)  (Read 12158 times)

Started by RΣDDBRIПK, January 16, 2020, 12:24:35 am
Share this topic:
ReddBrinks Color Separations Thread (Commissions Re-opened)
#1  January 16, 2020, 12:24:35 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Welcome to my thread of color separations.

I will be posting my color separations here.
I should note that i will only be posting either the palette template (If one is made) or just a sample CS image.

Commissions are as follows.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Finished Commissions
Mai Ling by Suprizle (Base template by me, updated by Suprizle)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Commission W.I.Ps
TBA
Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 05:31:58 am by ReddBrink
Re: ReddBrinks Color Separations Thread (Commissions Open)
#2  January 16, 2020, 04:59:12 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Commissions are as follows.
25$ for a basic separation
Don't really know what to charge for very extensive separations. Suggestions are appreciated.

Make them a multiplyer; like, if a complex separation istwo times more complex than a basic one, charge $50.

I don't know your work method, but a more complex separation could be done by doing the basic one first, then do the complex over it; that would also help you to grade the difficutly. That comes natural to me because regarding separations my method does one "object" for each pass.
#3  January 20, 2020, 02:27:19 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Make them a multiplyer; like, if a complex separation istwo times more complex than a basic one, charge $50.

I don't know your work method, but a more complex separation could be done by doing the basic one first, then do the complex over it; that would also help you to grade the difficutly. That comes natural to me because regarding separations my method does one "object" for each pass.
My work method is similar to yours as i separate one or two parts of the character each pass. Should i also gauge the price on how many frames the character has?
Penguinz0 said:
#4  January 20, 2020, 09:20:21 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

My work method is similar to yours as i separate one or two parts of the character each pass. Should i also gauge the price on how many frames the character has?

Back then the base character had 400 frames;  so a chaarcter with substantially less frames (like 200) requires notably less work and the same for a charcter wit twice the frames; nowadays I am not sure how many frames (without fx) most charcters have, but I assumen the categories would be similar, low framerate  because of poor source game  or because the character is heavily edited/original; your average character and the charcter that come from games with high frame rate.
I found duplicates did not really matter as it took around the same effort to spot and replace duplicates as it took to separate them anyway, unless the separation was too extensive.
Re: ReddBrinks Color Separations Thread (Commissions Re-opened)
#5  December 05, 2020, 05:35:12 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Figured i would open this up for a bit.

Check the first post for price ranges. I am currently only considering Basic separations right now but if you need a full separation done then we can discuss it.
Penguinz0 said: