YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1556984 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory Studio coming on April, 4 - support us now!
#1301  March 13, 2018, 02:04:28 am
    • Brazil
@VirtuallTek
I wonder if you ever thought about an option to change all sprites axis (or you could select the ones you want), for instance, move all of them up 3 pixels on their Y axis, so that they align better with the floor on MUGEN, you know?
#1302  March 13, 2018, 03:13:52 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
@VirtuallTek
I wonder if you ever thought about an option to change all sprites axis (or you could select the ones you want), for instance, move all of them up 3 pixels on their Y axis, so that they align better with the floor on MUGEN, you know?
FF3 can do this already, I think its in the top menu bar Sprites > adjust position (or something like that)

#1303  March 13, 2018, 03:32:29 am
    • Brazil
@VirtuallTek
FF3 can do this already, I think its in the top menu bar Sprites > adjust position (or something like that)
oh yeah! it's called "alignment tool" apparently.
thanks, and sorry for not paying attention hehe
#1304  March 14, 2018, 12:09:40 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
A simple request. (hopefully)
In Image Editor. Image>Properties Ctrl+P
The pop up box. Can you make O, or Alt+O, or Ctrl+O, activate the OK box, and C, or Alt+C, or Ctlr+C activate the Cancel box.
Switching from keyboard to mouse sucks when you do a ton of images in Image Editor.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#1305  March 14, 2018, 12:20:29 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
I've a request too: the function of searching for certain "types" (trans, screenbound, etc.) simultaneously in a cns file. It can be useful when you need to convert a character to mugen 1.0.
#1306  March 14, 2018, 06:05:55 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Can we please move the "Close all other projects" button FAR away from the save buttons? I get tired of accidentally clicking it trying to save =p
#1307  March 14, 2018, 06:45:29 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Can we please move the "Close all other projects" button FAR away from the save buttons? I get tired of accidentally clicking it trying to save =p

I second this, get super annoying when you make progress and then that happens.
#1308  March 14, 2018, 07:06:27 pm
  • Why,
Be carefully good ... makers!  Sorry...
 ... IsnĀ“t there these pictures? Anyway...

Are it is really allowed get base at that Kung fu man? Base to woman??
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#1309  March 15, 2018, 04:45:31 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Hi ''VirtuallTek'' I have another tip, of course if you find it interesting, if you can add it to the program or if you want:

It is the option to be able to add image conversion plugins same exists in photoshop, or add more image plugins in the program itself when changing the size of the image, type the '' alien skin blow up 3 '' the '' OnOne.Perfect .Resize.Premium.Edition.v9.5.0.1640.x64 '' the '' VHRUnsharpMask '' and the ''XBR 4x [NoBlend]'' 'plugin that comes bundled with the program ImageResizer-r133.exe'
If you can add this option in Fighter Factory Studio it will greatly help people who use the program to create or edit chars and easily convert the images to HI-RES, filtered images etc.
This will give you more features and more attention to game publishers.
I will add more filters later, and some sort of extension/plugin system to extend support for new file formats, filters, ...

A simple request. (hopefully)
In Image Editor. Image>Properties Ctrl+P
The pop up box. Can you make O, or Alt+O, or Ctrl+O, activate the OK box, and C, or Alt+C, or Ctlr+C activate the Cancel box.
Switching from keyboard to mouse sucks when you do a ton of images in Image Editor.
OK = Enter, Cancel = Esc.

I've a request too: the function of searching for certain "types" (trans, screenbound, etc.) simultaneously in a cns file. It can be useful when you need to convert a character to mugen 1.0.
You can use regular expression, like this: trans|screenbound . You will need to enable RegExp (the first button on quick search) to use it.

:D The new version do not close if you have unsaved changes, it asks if you want to discard changes, so this problem is avoided and you won't lose anything not saved. But I will put a separator so you gain a little more room.

Thanks!
#1310  March 15, 2018, 04:52:59 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yeah it's not an issue about not saving. I like to have several up so I can pool code from them. That closes them all and I just have to spend time reopening the chars.
#1311  March 15, 2018, 05:04:47 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
#1312  March 18, 2018, 06:57:16 pm
  • --
    • Brazil
    • psychoctrl@gmail.com
Cool that we are getting a new version soon, great work so far VirtuallTek.
I'd like to report a bit of a bug, that happens only with specific images (not indexed Png images) and Fighter Factory 3's crop tool.
I do not know if that was corrected in the new version, but hey, here we go:

Sometimes when you use the crop tool to trim the image, it also deletes some of the "actual" used pixels in the image. It's kinda hard to explain so I recorded it happening, and i'll provide the same image for test purposes. That's can be really annonying if you work with 8-bit Png Effects for example, and every time you use that tool you get some images that are getting trimmed away, which can be really troublesome if you don't have a backup of your effects.

This does not happen with all 8-bit png images, as showed in the video, just with some of them.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
https://s10.postimg.org/smq3ylr6x/image.png

That's bout it. Keep up the good work!
#1313  March 20, 2018, 03:56:47 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Cool that we are getting a new version soon, great work so far VirtuallTek.
I'd like to report a bit of a bug, that happens only with specific images (not indexed Png images) and Fighter Factory 3's crop tool.
I do not know if that was corrected in the new version, but hey, here we go:

Sometimes when you use the crop tool to trim the image, it also deletes some of the "actual" used pixels in the image. It's kinda hard to explain so I recorded it happening, and i'll provide the same image for test purposes. That's can be really annonying if you work with 8-bit Png Effects for example, and every time you use that tool you get some images that are getting trimmed away, which can be really troublesome if you don't have a backup of your effects.

This does not happen with all 8-bit png images, as showed in the video, just with some of them.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
https://s10.postimg.org/smq3ylr6x/image.png

That's bout it. Keep up the good work!
Fixed. FF3 uses the color of index 0 (the transparency for Mugen), or the first one at upper left corner. Now it's smarter, thanks!

--------------------------

Finished the first version. Fixed all bugs I found after testing every single function. After the first round of optimizations, now, it's very, very fast and more responsive. It will try to use as many CPU cores as possible, so the faster is your PC, faster it will run.

I'll take the time until launch to make the latest adjustments and optimizations.

Thanks!
#1314  March 20, 2018, 03:11:16 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
These next two weeks will go by fast.  Will I have to uninstall FF3 to use FFS? (Not ForFucksSake)
Also, Will I be able to import my *.ffc3 file(s)? Not that making 12 set-ups to launch to debug is a big deal. I was just wondering.
#1315  March 20, 2018, 04:53:03 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Will I have to uninstall FF3 to use FFS? (Not ForFucksSake)
No.

Also, Will I be able to import my *.ffc3 file(s)? Not that making 12 set-ups to launch to debug is a big deal. I was just wondering.
No, configuration file is a bit different now, and engine set-ups to launch are stored in the engine's module configuration file. But the syntax is almost the same, so you can edit the xml in some text editor and copy your set-ups easily.

Thanks!
#1316  March 21, 2018, 01:36:07 pm
  • X u X
  • A virus?
    • Kenya
Will the apply to all frames thingy for alpha and time be applied to position in any way? and for the sprite numbers too?
#1317  March 21, 2018, 01:48:55 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
2 weeks left...
I can still wait.
This is fate.
#1318  March 23, 2018, 06:32:19 am
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
Would it be possible to add a "layerno for animation" feature for the victory screen as well?
Like there is on the versus screen?
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#1319  March 24, 2018, 10:13:43 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I just squashed a bug in one of my characters. And I noticed something that FF3's State Controllers could use.
Some, like TargetDrop, will produce debug flood if you dont have certain triggers to stop it.
2OS was kind enough to make this post a while back that shows how to stop the flood.

I think it'd be super useful if FFS came with updated state controllers with common TriggerAll = commented out.
Also, If Ignore hitpause and persistent were preloaded with non-default values but still commented out it'd help out a lot. Something like
Spoiler: TargetDrop (click to see content)

The only reason I say to add the non-default values is because when they get commented in, it's to switch to being on.  I'd say 99.9% of the time I use ignorehitpause I set the value to 1.

If this sounds like a good idea, and you don't want to do the edits let me know how I can do them so you can use the changes and I'll do it.
#1320  March 24, 2018, 01:41:40 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I just squashed a bug in one of my characters. And I noticed something that FF3's State Controllers could use.
Some, like TargetDrop, will produce debug flood if you dont have certain triggers to stop it.
2OS was kind enough to make this post a while back that shows how to stop the flood.

I think it'd be super useful if FFS came with updated state controllers with common TriggerAll = commented out.
Also, If Ignore hitpause and persistent were preloaded with non-default values but still commented out it'd help out a lot. Something like
Spoiler: TargetDrop (click to see content)

The only reason I say to add the non-default values is because when they get commented in, it's to switch to being on.  I'd say 99.9% of the time I use ignorehitpause I set the value to 1.

If this sounds like a good idea, and you don't want to do the edits let me know how I can do them so you can use the changes and I'll do it.

That's great idea. I can do the edits, but it will take more time as I have lots of things to do. If someone want to help doing this will be awesome, and I can include the changes in the first release ;)

Thanks!