Started by prnzokoshiro, March 07, 2010, 05:41:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: air dash
#41  March 09, 2010, 09:32:35 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Then your changestate is incorrect. You create a different state for the new move, and create another changestate in the cmd to get to it. As the changestate is the simple

command = "blah"
statetype = A
ctrl = 1

there is no reason for it not to work.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#42  March 09, 2010, 09:53:06 am
ok, that may well be (that changestate is incorrect), but all I can get different from walking on the air after, is being stuck trying to throw a boom over and over again...

the changestate is same in cns as it is in cmd.  All extraneous stuff has been deleted, other than what you've said is essential.  The best I can get are the 2 results I just said, and everything is set to A but Physics (which is set to N, like you advised.)  I don't know what else to do... the statedef is not in use for anything else.
Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 09:58:28 am by prnzokoshiro
#43  March 09, 2010, 09:58:04 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
* Cyanide beats head on desk.

You have 2 attacks, they use 2 utterly different statedefs. At the end of the GROUND one you changestate back to 0. At the end of the AIR one you changestate back to 50.

If it is looping the attack, you are not using a changestate to leave it. There is nothing special or difficult about this. If you're still having problems go back a little bit and just do a standard jumping attack and see how THAT works. Then make it more complicated, testing between each code addition or change to see what effect you've had.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#44  March 09, 2010, 10:06:36 am
now he's stuck in the loop, but falls out of the air, but then falls all the way out of the screen.... and you can see the shadow trail in the background.... *zoooooooshhhhhh*

oh, and I'm checkin out the code for air normals, they all seem to end on the same value... but using that doesn't work, so I'll stick with 50.

Might we not rule out that something is amiss here that's making its normal coding sense not function correctly?
#45  March 09, 2010, 10:08:28 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Oh christ. You don't have common1.cns defined in your .def do you?

#46  March 09, 2010, 10:11:00 am
Nope, it's there, as "stcommon = Guilecommon1.cns"
#47  March 09, 2010, 10:15:05 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Yeah, is that what it's called though? Change back to common1.cns and see what you get.

#48  March 09, 2010, 10:22:50 am
yea, that's what it is.
#49  March 10, 2010, 02:34:30 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
common1.cns is located at mugen\data\common1.cns
either fill your
common state with common1.cns

or

copy the common1.cns from its original place
into your character folder, and then you can rename it into Guilecommon1.cns like you want