YesNoOk

I need help with screenpack  (Read 10858 times)

Started by MonkeyLoazers, May 07, 2016, 07:53:42 pm
Share this topic:
I need help with screenpack
#1  May 07, 2016, 07:53:42 pm
    • Canada
Hello I'm new to this site and i have been looking for help you see I have a problem and I have looked all over youtube but no one has a video to help me or maybe there is but maybe you guy's can help you see I really hate WINMUGEN because all of my stages don't work alot of my characters don't work on and I wanted to try screenpacks to see if that will fix my problem so I download a screen and i replace the files like it tells me but I get this message when I start the game and it says Error message: Can't find file data/EVE Battle/data/system.sff Error loading system data: data/system.def I keep getting this problem each time I get a screen pack so if anyone can help that would be great and if your wondering what computer I am or whatever I'm windows 8.1
Re: I need help with screenpack
#2  May 07, 2016, 08:21:14 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Where did you download this specific screenpack from?

And screenpacks won't fix issues like that, have you tried downloading mugen 1.0 instead? There's a lot of 1.0 only content now and I'm assuming the problems come from you using an older version of mugen.
Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 08:26:04 pm by Berry
#3  May 08, 2016, 10:48:28 pm
    • Canada
I got it from the Mugen data base and I could try because I do have 1.0 or 1.1 I'm not sure lol but I read on a site that WIN MUGEN is the most used and I'll try that out would I have to do it manually???
#4  May 09, 2016, 05:46:02 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Yeah you'd have to do it manually, it should be fairly easy if it's configured right, mind linking me the screenpack you downloaded?
#5  May 10, 2016, 03:15:55 am
    • Canada
#6  May 10, 2016, 11:34:06 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
God this is a mess, I'd rather have you work with this instead since it's a little less confusing. Also try using 1.0 now, it's the most used by now.
https://www.mediafire.com/?4o3vw76j9jc1rjn
Download this and drop the "EveBattle" folder into the data folder

Open up your mugen.cfg (It's in data) with notepad and find the motif line, and then change it so reads as
Code:
motif = data/EveBattle/system.def

This will give you the category select

If you want to use the normal select instead of the category list then make sure it reads as
Code:
motif = data/EveBattle/EVEvolve/system.def

This will give you the standard select, make sure you edit the select file inside "EvEvolve" if you're using this one.

That should be it, sorry for the late reply.

One more thing if you're using 1.0, open up the mugen.cfg again and head down to the
[Config] section, it's under [Rules] and change the gamewidth  and gameheight to this
Code:
GameWidth = 640
GameHeight = 480
#7  May 11, 2016, 05:01:30 am
    • Canada
No thank you really thank you I I will try it tomorrow night where I am it's really late and I don't wanna get into the files right now thanks alot and It's ok I'm sorry that i didn't replay fast i guess i lost track lol XD but anyways thank you if there's any other problem I will tell you if that's fine with you
#8  May 11, 2016, 05:23:00 am
    • Canada
Oh I'm sorry if I'm annyoing you about this but I never got this because along time ago I found a video that helped me get 250 character slots and I was a bit of a problem and I'm sorry if you think I'm really stupid but do i but do i erase the -/ line or do i not need to worry about it?
#9  May 11, 2016, 05:31:02 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Depends on where the -/ line is or what it's part of

I'd leave it alone but if it doesn't work then remove the -, I'd rather you write down the full line so I can be sure
#10  May 11, 2016, 05:00:25 pm
    • Canada
I hate to ask but what do you mean by the full line????
#11  May 11, 2016, 05:04:04 pm
    • Canada
Never mind i got it working thanks for the help I think your really good at helping better then people on youtube maybe if you want you should make a video on how to you know use screen packs because not alot of people on there are help or dose video's are really old because the game has been out for a really long time
#12  May 11, 2016, 10:06:38 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
I really should since there's so many different install methods and some can be hard to work with, especially if you want to switch later. Anyway glad you got it working.
#13  May 13, 2016, 03:45:22 am
    • Canada
yeah any ways thank If I need any help could i ask you. you seem to know a lot about this game