YesNoOk

Just starting off with an entire game ready to make (Read 1114 times)

Started by solshadow, April 20, 2009, 10:56:24 pm
Share this topic:
Just starting off with an entire game ready to make
#1  April 20, 2009, 10:56:24 pm
  • Judge Magister
I just got into mugen as in like minutes ago but have already been spriting for a couple of weeks and have realized that spriting just for the idle animations is VERY tedious. I looked at sprites as in guilty gear and they have 7+ different stances just for animation and i was wondering if there was an easier way? I read up on spriting and so far im just trying to get an idle stance for all 12 of my characters. Its coming along but at a snails pace, should i have started on something easier or?
...:::Existing in this place, now are uncleanable lies. I wonder when it has begun. How far do, I have to go to see the light?:::...

~You've got to Lock it, & Load it & Aim for the Heart ♥~

OZ

Re: Just starting off with an entire game ready to make
#2  April 20, 2009, 10:58:38 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
So what exactly is the question?

Yes spriting is tedious.
ಠ_ಠ
#3  April 20, 2009, 11:10:20 pm
  • Judge Magister
For animations do the different sprites have to be an inch by inch movement or can they be kinda spaced apart? Like for having someone's shoulders move would i make a sprite for every hair inch or would a small noticable gap between be good? I dunno if that is clear....it may be a matter of opinion huh? Also, how would i go about doing combos and in air throws? Ima noob X3 should i just re-edit a throw sprite from an existing game?
...:::Existing in this place, now are uncleanable lies. I wonder when it has begun. How far do, I have to go to see the light?:::...

OZ

#4  April 21, 2009, 12:27:14 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
That all depends on how smooth you want the animation to be.

More frames for smoother animation.

An editting existing sprites is usually the way to start.
ಠ_ಠ
#5  April 21, 2009, 12:50:45 am
  • I got a PM.
Download Ryu From street fighter 1 2 and 3.

Check out the differences in the amount of sprites. Now ask yourself if you which game quality do you wish to emulate.

I mean there is nothing wrong with Street fighter 1 but street fighter 3 is better.
#6  April 21, 2009, 08:36:12 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
welcome to mugen
#7  April 21, 2009, 10:10:02 pm
  • Judge Magister
Lets say i wanted to do a constant effect spiraling around a character, how would i got about implicating this? So far i have two characters that i want to do this with, one with negative energy and another with piano keys

OZ

#8  April 21, 2009, 10:54:16 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
Sprite the effects seperately and implement them later.
ಠ_ಠ
#9  April 21, 2009, 11:38:29 pm
  • I got a PM.
There are two examples of that in the code snippet archive in dev help.

I know there is one there for making a helper like spiral's knifes.
#10  April 23, 2009, 06:23:45 pm
For animations do the different sprites have to be an inch by inch movement or can they be kinda spaced apart? Like for having someone's shoulders move would i make a sprite for every hair inch or would a small noticable gap between be good? I dunno if that is clear....it may be a matter of opinion huh? Also, how would i go about doing combos and in air throws? Ima noob X3 should i just re-edit a throw sprite from an existing game?

well it actually depends on how much time you put in betwwen each movement if you want less frames put more time more frames put less time

Monkey D. Luffy W.I.P Thanks to C.R.O.M Lando
#11  April 24, 2009, 11:55:26 pm
  • Judge Magister
How to create a screenpack? Ive searched both youtube and google and i only find how to insall them not make your own

#12  April 24, 2009, 11:57:00 pm
  • I got a PM.
Ok time for you to start asking in the development help section instead of introductions. Please make a topic there. Besides the experts lurk there.