YesNoOk

Retsu, Geki, Lee, and Joe -- and SF1 Ryu (Street Fighter Alpha style) (Read 210993 times)

Started by SiL3Nt J, June 27, 2017, 06:35:26 pm
Re: SF1 Ryu, Retsu and Geki in Street Fighter Alpha style
#121  August 15, 2017, 03:45:31 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Damn dude, thanks a lot, that's bad ass. Does that take a long time to do?
#122  August 15, 2017, 05:41:26 pm
    • Argentina
    • facundo_ivan_garcia_fig@hotmail.com
Maybe this will help you a little, you can do what I do using paint for this, just go changing the colors of the character color by color using the eraser as follows:

Sorry if you did not understand well, that's because I speak Spanish haha, it's the simplest way with a tool that we all have

Best regards!
Pixel Art! http://ghoulglifer.deviantart.com/

F*ck Photobucket!
#123  August 15, 2017, 09:45:01 pm
#124  August 15, 2017, 10:02:59 pm
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#125  August 16, 2017, 06:17:17 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
well thank you very much :-)

I appreciate the work too Enso.

I didn't know you could change colors that easily. This is how I got it to work:

1) Copy the image that you want to re-color
2) Paste it into a blank paint file and DONT SAVE IT
3) Use the little dropper thing (the thing in between the eraser and the magnifying glass) that looks like an eye dropper and select one of the colors
4) Click "Edit colors"
5) Add that color to the custom colors
6) Do the same with the 2nd color
7) For the first color, make that the color you want to replace
8) For the second color, make that the color you want to replace it with (can't select both colors unless they have been added to your custom colors)
9) Select the eraser and hold down right click and drag it over the color you want to replace. Color 2 has to be the color you want to change it to.

And it should work. Wish I had known about that sooner. Might be able to make Lee and Joe now :D
#126  August 16, 2017, 08:08:08 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Just finished these. Hopefully he will be done by tomorrow:

#127  August 17, 2017, 08:29:40 pm
    • USA
you have done such great work on ryu, very impressed. will you be going back to the crow after him or moving on to geki?
#128  August 17, 2017, 08:39:51 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Hehe and he is FINISHED! O right! Going to post the full sheet in resource releases in a minute.

Thanks Kaiju, not sure if I will go back to the Crow just yet. I might make Geki later on, but I was actually thinking about making Joe because he would be pretty easy. He would basically be a head swap of Dee Jay with some re-coloring. I have some ideas for him and I like the way that the guy on the first page drew him. I need a break though. My wrist is kinda cramped and I've spent lots of time making this, so it might be a while before I make any more. But I think it would be really cool to see SF1 remade one day. Thanks for all of your feedback and views. Keep em coming.

Fixed the win pose sprite because I noticed that the feet didn't really flow well when I animated it. Also, added the pose of him standing straight up because I didn't realize I missed it when I made the walking animation.
Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 08:44:06 pm by SiL3Nt J
#129  August 22, 2017, 07:02:18 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Any way someone could post of video of him in action if he gets made?
#130  August 22, 2017, 08:53:02 am
  • SAWNIKBEWM
    • Netherlands
    • Skype - tjmthomas
    • www.reubenkee.com
Yeah i gotta be honest with you, These edits have several problems so i don't think that's gonna happen. I'd tell you what these problems are but you're probably gonna say that you're not serious or something like that.
#131  August 22, 2017, 09:05:04 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Heh. SiL3Nt J, you're planning to make Joe, huh?
Well, HERE I really want to wish you good luck, pal. Because this WON'T be easy by any means.
-First of all, DeeJay, being a black man, was drawn very specifically. This is the closest you'll get to get him white-like easily.

-Secondly, you'll still have to draw jeans and shoes on every sprite. And I suggest you to NOT go there closer to original sprite. Don't make shoes without soles.
-Thirdly, while indeed DeeJay's standing, walking and maybe some attacking motions would be good for Joe from point of canon, you'd better look for much of stuff into Cody. Yes, he is hard to redraw, but some of his motions are needed.

-Fourthly, Joe has one attack nor DeeJay, nor Cody has- High Roundhouse. So, you'll need ONE MORE character, who HAVE such attack.

Most obvious characters are easier to edit Ken and closer in motion Guile.

-And finally... Joe needs to be expanded, like all the unreturned chars. But unlike Retsu, Geki, Lee and even Mike, this grandmotherf*cker give us TOO MUCH PLACE FOR IMAGINATION!
I'm dead f*ckin' serious, and Capcom helped it out a lot. Your idea to headswap DeeJay into Joe is something too basic here.
-----He can be Street Fighter like Cody, with no specific style and properties of such.
-----He can be Proper Kickboxer. You could indeed to look for DeeJay here, but what about to look some Van Damme's movies for inspiration? XD
-----In "Final Fight: Streetwise" in something like Underground Fighting Ring, where you can make some cash via fight, one of your opponents is nameless "Ghost"... Who looks TOO MUCH like Joe. He even can be considered Joe because we don't know his name! Yes, I know, a video isn't quite appropriate, but there is no better source to see what he got there.  As you can see, Ghost is, somehow unlike original Joe, Muay Thai fighter with a slow pace, but fast attacks and dodge. Well, and he loves to clinch... You can utilize something from Ghost.
-----And one more spit in that cup from Capcom- OFFICIAL JOE'S PROFILE! Yes, artwork sucks, but one detail deserved some more attention.
Capcom said:
Joe is a kickboxer and known especially for his magnificent Savate.
Somehow I'm not sure they REALLY used a word for whole different fighting style to describe his Spin Kick only. That means, Joe is ALSO can be utilized as Savate fighter.  Savate is, basically, French Kickboxing, and in SF is Remy who uses it. Learn some more about Savate...
So, HOW EXACTLY WILL YOU EXPAND HIM? These are only somehow close to official data. There are also unofficial versions like Joe-bum with back-targeting fighting style you may like to know about. Warning: it's Brazilian site, so you'll need a translator here.
Now you get, why I called it an uneasy task to remake this guy? If you're REALLY gonna make him... Then good luck, and be strong. I wasn't...
#132  August 22, 2017, 05:55:01 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
For Joe, I was thinking of just keeping him really plain and basic since it looks like that's kinda how Capcom had intended him. Honestly, I think he was just put into the game as a filler character, kind of like Mike. Capcom was probably thinking, "Let's try to make two really generic street fighters that look like regular people" When they made those two. Always thought it was funny that his whole story line was that he practices his kicks by kicking the sides of trains. My buddy and I were joking the other day saying that maybe the reason he isn't in any of the other games was because he fucked his foot up :p

Here's what I came up with for his specials. I would make him kind of like Guile/Dee Jay, but with no projectile. Instead, he would have a way to avoid them:

- Box Car Kick: (Charge back, Forward + Kick): Joe does his jumping kick. Similar to Joe Higashi's horizontal kick special. The strength of the button pressed determines how far he travels.
- Upper Box Car Kick: (Charge down, Up + Kick): Same as Dee Jay's anti air kick, but he only does one  kick. The strength of the button pressed determines how high he goes.
- Dodge: (Forward, Back, Forward + Punch): Not a charge move. Joe dashes forward and is invincible for a second. This goes through all projectiles, supers, specials, you name it. This is his way of avoiding projectiles. It functions like Akuma's teleport.
- Punch Combo (Or maybe call it something like Trainyard Beatdown or something to do with trains): Tap punch rapidly. Similar to Joe Higashi's rapid punch special.

Also, I don't think he was wearing shoes. They look kind of like sparring pads.

Also, threw this together this morning. Still working on it, but took the head from those sprites on the first page and put it on Dee Jay and Re-colored. This was what I was talking about:

Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 06:48:05 pm by SiL3Nt J
#133  August 22, 2017, 09:06:00 pm
  • SAWNIKBEWM
    • Netherlands
    • Skype - tjmthomas
    • www.reubenkee.com
He looks like he's been tanning while wearing a glove and got stung on his nose by a bee.
#134  August 23, 2017, 12:02:20 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
EDIT:

touched him up some more:

btw here's what I came up with for his basics. thanks to Darkzerox709 for ripping:

Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:00:03 am by SiL3Nt J
#135  August 23, 2017, 08:44:04 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Well hey, thank you all for staying tuned. I have appreciated the feedback and views. But I really do need to take a break for a while. Started feeling this pain in my wrist recently and my friend said it may be a sign of something called "Gamer's Wrist." He said he fucked his wrist up playing video games, no joke. Maybe in a few months I will come back to this. I really would like to see SF1 remade some day with improved graphics.
#136  August 24, 2017, 08:32:35 pm
    • Spain
    • https://ikutronhd.wixsite.com/ikutronsite/yo
I get the curiosity to see Gouken with that style :3
#137  August 24, 2017, 10:37:02 pm
Nice Joe. I think you should give credit to DaiKuwabara for using Joe's face after you finish him. :) Good luck (though I know you are taking a break).
Titiln said:

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#138  August 25, 2017, 02:24:08 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Lol ok Credit to DaiKuwabara for Joe, and Lee too (will show soon). Would have done it sooner but didn't know who made it.

Anyone know if a SF1 screen pack has been made?
#139  August 25, 2017, 02:23:45 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
In fact, there are several screenpacks about SF1. Two of them is part of a full game, but the third one is quite good, by Mazemerald. Unfortunately, now it can be found only on Mugen Archive, so I can't upload you a link for it because of local censorship. I can give you only video.

P.S.: don't fail me with Joe, pal. I'm counting on you here, seriously. Ans I still suggest you put some more efforts in his sprites. Believe me, that reversed roundhouse of DeeJay would look ridiculous as reversed animation.
P.S.: about shoes. It's all about perspective. While in the game they really may resemble shin defense, in ARTWORKS these are nothing but shoes.

Do whatever you like, but I suggest you make shoes.
Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 03:44:26 pm by Trololo
#140  August 25, 2017, 03:26:38 pm
Sorry to say this but I agree with Trololo about Joe's roundhouse. You can frankensprite his right leg with Guile's right leg and Ken's right leg too to make his kick look unique like what Trololo showed you here.
Titiln said: