YesNoOk

CVS2 Morrigan, Guy updated (Read 17555 times)

Started by Rolento, July 22, 2010, 05:17:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: CVS2 Morrigan, Guy updated
#21  July 24, 2010, 05:25:25 am
That's not Lilith.

lol, wow. It's almost like there are thread titles, that say which character or characters are being discussed inside. No wait, that would be stupid, wouldn't it? ;)

eh well I award half marks, there IS a Lilith palette...
#22  July 24, 2010, 05:27:01 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Lilith is in that screenshot, Gill. :|

She got new sprites as well.
#23  July 24, 2010, 05:36:13 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Disregard that I'm an idiot
#24  July 24, 2010, 06:39:26 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
I know an update is in the tubes, but I'll voice just this.

QCF+P in air feels floaty on recovery and her falling animation feels off to me--it might look better if her hair wasn't just straight up like that. The same animation issue is present with 2QCF+P in midair, but since those are more aesthetic, you can work with them at your discretion.

Other than that, I haven't found anything that hasn't been mentioned. Looks pretty solid so far. :)
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#25  July 24, 2010, 07:11:30 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#26  July 24, 2010, 07:12:42 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Sorry about that, the post I was referring to was deleted.
#27  July 24, 2010, 06:20:37 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Thwre were never EX moves in CvS2.
Yes, you are right....guess I got hung up on the fact that this IS Morrigan, a Darkstalkers char...and THAT game has EX moves. Sorry bout the confussion on my part.

BTW, will a shadow trail be added to Shadow Blade? It looks too flat as is imo. She's also lacking flare effects on her dash (flying). I just read the part about adding the effects Drex ripped to the next update...so, disregard this.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 06:27:34 pm by MaxBeta
#28  July 25, 2010, 12:55:49 am
    • USA
I didnt test her alot but whatever here a little piece of feedback...

- Kick throw actually has debug spam EVEN in mugen 1.0 (Which is BTW the mugen I used for this test run), for what I can see so far it happens when you KO someone with it (Most likely when the round ends with this move aswell since this was on a SINGLE vs SINGLE battle against your Guy).

- In the ground, cancelling Soul Phoenix LV.2 into Soul Fist (Y or Z versions) causes the latter to appear but to vanish at the point where it reaches morrigan's hands while she's still pointing the enemy, the helper IS released and all but after appearing for a VERY brief moment it dissapears (That's it the projectile/explod) but the helper is still present. This particular bug happens only if the Soul Fist is performed while the Soul Phoenix is still hitting the enemy.

- After Soul Physt/Phennyz hits I can't use Vector Drain (And probably a few other moves?) for a while, seems like if you somehow messed up the so-called limitations you implemented to prevent multiple projectiles on screen at once and instead of making the projectile releasers the unabled states to use you accidentally added Vector Drain on the list (This may also be the reason behind the second bug).

- Cancelling a LV.2 SSM into a LV.1 SSM is IMPOSSIBLE, WHY?

- Are the fire effects at the beggining of the aerial Soul Fist/Phoenix supposed to be part of the character sprites? Even with their crappy look, shouldn't they be part of the FX rather than being part of the character? (As in, it shouldn't have afterimages and such).

- After kick throw Morrigan... lands? That's weird since she's not even in the air to begin with.

- Since you actually dropped good-old Morrigan sprite sheet should we aswell expect other changes such as actually replacing the horrible fire on her back during Vector Drain for a more CVS wannabe FX version of it? in fact any fire FX on her that uses the DS graphics looks kind odd on her. And that also goes for Soul Fist start on the air aswell. Bah, there's a TON of stuff that looked wrong on Morrigan that you could fix without messing up her CVS acurracy value since most of them are asthetical changes.

- Her crouching animation sprites need some fixes, her boobs constantly change colors on some pixels until the loop of the animation is over. Also to keep in theme, OMG were her boobs always THAT big? Mainly in her Shell Kick (Wich is also called Drill Kick in the text file, pick a name don't use both) and Backdash, damnit I never noticed XD!

- I can link Soul Phoenix LV.2 into Soul Fist (X) into Shadow blade or Cardinal Blade LV.1, cool :) .

- No flames during Dash and Backdash? :( .

- THE VERSION NUMBER IS PURE LIEZ!!! IT CAN'T BE THAT LOW DAMNIT!!!

- Are you sure she falls that slow during aerial Soul Fist? I could swear the fall faster in the real deal.

- Command buffering seems quite more strict than with other similar CVS conversions done in mugen, it's quite harder to consistently pull some of the special moves.

- I can't cancel Valkyrie Turn LV.2 into ANYTHING, was this move really that shitty in CVS2?

- During the punch grab the enemy shouldn't be followed by the camera, use a screenbound SCTRL on it's custom state to prevent that, otherwise each time you use this grab the screen goes up a bit during the middle part of it.

#29  July 25, 2010, 02:41:39 am
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Okay, let's break this down into as small a reply as possible:
- Kick throw problems seem to have been fixed up now that some missing numtarget triggers are in place, have yet to get any further errors. Strange transition to landing state due to incorrect changestate sctrl, also fixed. I'll fix up the various parts of punch grab shortly.
- Not sure just yet what is causing all the issues with Soul Fist, but have a fairly good idea that it had to do with the changes made earlier to get it to fit this groove coding as it is. 
- Further graphic changes will follow, some frames in current online version have updates that are to be placed in, and effects will be separated from frames in cases like Soul Fist, Vector Drain, etc. As for questionable breast size, might have carried over from earlier frames, which are not exactly consistent at all times either; crouch animation is getting some tweaks for sure though.  Also reminding of the fact that I did already address effects in an earlier post.
- Yes the Air soul fist fall is slow. I actually had it faster before, but JZ pointed out that it moved at this glacial pace in reality. Can't say it was my favorite change, but it is technically correct.
- Command file issues will be sorted out... I swear I didn't have nearly as many problems when I had set up this thing in its pre-CVS2 state.
- Lvl 2 Valkyrie Turn may really be that useless upon further testing.

Yeah, I am not a fan of coding in this system. Once I fix up Morrigan and Guy, probably will abandon it for further projects.
#30  August 09, 2010, 08:33:19 am
  • Haters are toys
Fantastic job bro, I'm glad you stayed with this one, she's needed an upgrade like this for 15+ years.

Offtopic:
Love the synopsis on the "Nests Conclusion" project, I couldn't agree with you more.
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#31  August 09, 2010, 09:13:25 am
  • behold my power
    • USA
This CVS2 Morrigan is awesome.  :sugoi: But you forgot the anim when Morrigan sits on the bats and twist her arm (pd: like she does in her standing anim) and When I attempt to do Soul Fist with two buttons the Soul Fist suddenly dissappears.

so many hdd crashes QQ
#32  August 13, 2010, 07:37:01 pm
Animations from 6620 to 6642 are duplicating,
so something wrong with "counter" or other signs when FVar(20) is 1.
#33  August 20, 2010, 12:21:10 am
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
is she open sourced? i mean, the sprites by Li_Kun?
#34  September 09, 2010, 09:38:35 pm
I thought I mentioned this earlier, but I don't see my post.

She can do this with her airborne soul fist and cvscammy can't hooligan throw her at all.