YesNoOk

New Sub-boss - The Monolith (edit of my Mr. X sprites) (Read 18045 times)

Started by Sean Altly, January 31, 2019, 06:32:30 am
Share this topic:
New Sub-boss - The Monolith (edit of my Mr. X sprites)
#1  January 31, 2019, 06:32:30 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I thought I'd post some progress on this character, I've mentioned him before but I finally started working on him. Interesting timing because I saw that MrGiang released a very nice looking update of my Mr. X who Monolith is obviously edited from.

He's basically a head and palette swap with a heavily tweaked moveset and no super armor, and he's scaled a little bigger (something a few people suggested I do with Mr. X a while back but never did). He's the 4th member of The Dark Nation and acts as a formidable sub-boss in the game. He has super strength and durability, as well as the ability to manipulate the air around him to create concussive blasts. Here's the moveset so far and some screens:

COMMAND NORMALS

-Skull Hook - F+HP - An overhead hook punch

-Low Straight - DB+HP - A straight punch from his knees, useful for shorter opponents since his height can cause some of his heavy normal attacks to go over his opponent's head

SPECIAL ATTACKS

-High Pressure - QCF+P - A middle-range sliding gut punch with a vortex surrounding his fist. It has several follow-up options
   -Pressure Hook - B+P - A swinging left hook
   -Pressure Crush - D+K - A strong stomp to the knees/feet of his opponent
   -Pressure Wall - F+HP - A strong shoulder block that always ends the combo

-Storm Front - Charge B,F+P - Creates a pocket of concussive air in front of him and performs a strong sliding shoulder attack. Unlike Mr. X's version, has no follow-ups and is best used as a way to get in or to end combos. EX version causes wall-bounce which opens up for juggles

-Tombstone - HCB+K - A command grab that results in a leaping piledriver. EX version's properties TBD

-Pressure Column - QCF+K - Monolith stomps the ground, causing a strong blast of air to rise in front of him at different distances. EX version causes two columns to rise in succession. If any version is performed up close, the stomp hits as well.

-Downburst - DP+K - Monolith uses the air to boost himself straight up far off off the screen, then descends downwards with a massive hammer fist at different distances depending on the button used. EX version homes in on the opponent.

SUPER MOVES

-L1 - Stormbreaker - QCFx2+K - Monolith creates a large, powerful blast of compressed air in front of him. Basically a one-hit, half-screen energy blast type move

-L2 - Destroya - QCFx2+P - Monolith dashes (up to the full length of the screen) and delivers a powerful straight punch accompanied by a swirling vortex around his fist that hits multiple times, then blows the opponent away with a massive big-boot.

DM - Fall of Man - QCFx2+S - Monolith disappears into the ground (thanks to Anubis' teleportation ability) and appears above his opponent, descending with a massive overhead ground pound that creates a huge blast of concussive air around him. Basically Misogi, lol

This isn't final by any means, still working some stuff out.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 04:41:44 am by Sean Altly
Re: New Sub-boss - The Monolith (edit of my Mr. X sprites)
#2  January 31, 2019, 06:47:31 am
  • Niigasan
Amazing
#3  January 31, 2019, 06:58:04 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
How about we give Mr. X a fedora?
Joke aside, he looks interesting. I really want to see how the final product looks like.
#4  February 03, 2019, 09:31:39 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Holy crap he's huge! So this is the infamous forth member....he looks awesome!
#5  February 06, 2019, 04:36:57 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Thanks guys, updated the first post with new move information. Made a lot of progress today on him and will be posting a video soon. He will be the final boss of the beta we're putting out soon. It will have 10 completed characters and a boss:

Snow
Sabotage
Adamas
Det. Laurel
Exile
Zenith
Wyldestar
Kane Kelly
Dark Nation
Castle
The Monolith (boss)

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 04:42:14 am by Sean Altly
#6  February 06, 2019, 05:39:26 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
I like how the name is quite literal, kukuku.

Nice big boi.

#7  February 06, 2019, 10:50:31 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
This is impressive.
He does somehow remind me of the villain of MiB 3.

Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#8  February 07, 2019, 11:31:22 pm
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Dark Nation was a neat character and it's cool to see more of them are gonna be present in SHADES 3! I'm curious what their role in the story will be (I can't remember if you stated it or not previously).

This guy looks pretty badass btw.
#9  February 12, 2019, 02:23:28 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA

Beta coming soon

Download Last Bout now!
#10  February 14, 2019, 07:21:50 am
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
Oooooh Beta soon. I am so ready to dig my grubby little paws into this bad boy.
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson