YesNoOk

EVE Lifebars! (1280x720 resolution) NEED SOME HELP, SEE NEWEST POST (Read 116389 times)

Started by Mugen_Overlord, July 12, 2011, 07:36:17 pm
Share this topic:
EVE Lifebars! (1280x720 resolution) NEED SOME HELP, SEE NEWEST POST
#1  July 12, 2011, 07:36:17 pm
  • "Ciel! India."
BARS HAVE BEEN UPDATED AGAIN!  Go grab the newest version (V2)!

Since DJ_Van's newest Mugen 1.0 EVE screenpack did not come with any lifebars, and there were none available that really matched what I was looking for, I decided to delve into the world of mugen creation for the first time.  Behold, the EVE lifebars:

UPDATE:  Sneak Peek of the up-coming version, as soon as I figure out how to get the powerbar to appear over stage foreground:

The GET READY, FIGHT, and KO all have animations to fit.  The announcer is mostly CVS2.

Thanks to everyone who helped!

DOWNLOAD V2 HERE:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6koe7indtf7ztq3

Custom portraits use 987,0 now!

Big thanks to Seph for this one!  He really fixed this thing up; file size should be much more manageable, and transparency has been added to a few parts, as you can see in the screenshots.  Also wintext.

THINGS TO BE DONE:

Possibly an after-round animation that would fade to black, to make a fancy transition between rounds.  This would also function to streamline between rounds and the victory screen in my screenpack I'm hopefully going to finish one day.

Enjoy!
Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:30:12 am by Mugen_Overlord
Re: EVE Lifebars (1280x720 resolution, 640x480 coming soon)
#2  July 12, 2011, 08:10:00 pm
  • Yes.
    • Brazil
    • Skype - seph_0
Well, you can see that the power bar for p1 is bigger in height then p2 for stuff like power, life, blood and even simul, you could of used only one sprite. Plus the p1 life looks smaller in width then p2. You could also move the p2 portrait on the default portrait version 1 pixle to the left. And really? CvS announcers + SSF4 KO sound?  :haw:

Plus, crop the sprites. :V

Other then that, I really like it. Most things are easy to fix. And I'll be still waiting for the 640 version.  :)
Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:05:35 pm by Seph
#3  July 12, 2011, 10:10:32 pm
  • "Ciel! India."
Well, you can see that the power bar for p1 is bigger in height then p2 for stuff like power, life, blood and even simul, you could of used only one sprite. Plus the p1 life looks smaller in width then p2. You could also move the p2 portrait on the default portrait version 1 pixle to the left. And really? CvS announcers + SSF4 KO sound?  :haw:

Plus, crop the sprites. :V

Other then that, I really like it. Most things are easy to fix. And I'll be still waiting for the 640 version.  :)

I'm not sure how in the hell I let the powerbar and lifebar stuff slip.  Normally I'm nitpicky about that kind of shit.  I've already fixed them, though, so I'll put those in with the rest when I release the 640x480 version.

As far as cropping the sprites and the fact that I have multiples, this was done on purpose, albeit not for the best reason; leaving them uncropped meant that I could load up my concept, copy what I wanted, paste it into a file, and then trim the excess around it, and the part would already be positioned; I could leave the offset at 0,0.  I've seen many creators do this before with lifebars (I've spent my fair share of time editing things), so I didn't realize there was too much of a problem with it.

Since the 640x480 version will require that I put in new coordinates and such for things I DIDN'T cheat on, I might as well just redo the sff then, so the 640x480 version should have a more file-size-savvy sff.

As far as the announcer goes, I had no idea what to do with it.  I thought the CvS2 one went ok with the pre-round stuff, but it's "KO" was far too quick for my animation.  I didn't really want to change that to be faster (I liked how it was), and the SSF4 one just happened to fit well, so...  :P  You're free to change it, of course.  I might include a version with a full-CvS2 one.  (If you can't tell, I love having alternatives and options.)

Thanks for the criticism, though!  :)

Found another issue that I've attended to - playing with turns will make player 1's portrait too big on the custom portrait version.

Just found something really funny; the letter "v" was pointing to 5 in the name fonts.  Fixed!
Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:16:33 am by Mugen_Overlord
#4  July 12, 2011, 10:20:06 pm
  • Yes.
    • Brazil
    • Skype - seph_0
Depending on the size of it, uncropped sprites make your mugen go slower. And I can't wait.  :)

EDIT: Looking again at your sff, basically you added the sprites twice witch wasn't even needed, you could've used the .facing = -1 for on the p2 values so you can flip the sprites.
Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:18:30 am by Seph
#5  July 13, 2011, 06:21:37 am
These bars look awesome! If only all of EVE itself for Mugen 1.0 was 640X480. Can't wait for that version of the bars, and maybe even a total conversion of EVE itself.
#6  July 13, 2011, 11:40:00 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I really like the simple and bold style you have with these. They look completely original while staying very close to their own source material. If BrokenMugen wasn't my SP of choice, I'd have these as my default Lifebars.

Well done sir!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#7  July 14, 2011, 07:58:43 pm
  • "Ciel! India."
Thanks for the kind words everyone!  If you do find any bugs, please do let me know.

I just updated the download with various fixes, so make sure you redownload them.  Fixes include, but are not limited to;

-Player 1's life was slightly shorter than Player 2's.  Not sure how I let that slip.

-Player 2's powerbar was slightly lower than Player 1's.  Not sure how I let that slip either.

-Shifted Player 2's portrait in the default portrait version.

-Extended Player 2's bg by 1 pixel in width.  The portraits weren't lining up properly.

-Added a win count that updates on your half of the screen, next to the timer.

-Combo counters should be working properly now.

As for the 640x480 version, sorry that I haven't been working on it quite yet.  I've been quite busy the past few days (the updates that I just released were made the day after, for the most part).  That being said, I don't run 640x480 (nor does the EVE screenpack work at 640x480), and thus have very little drive to work on them.  If someone would be kind enough to try and convert them to 640x480, I would be very much in debt.  Otherwise it may be a while before it's done.
Re: EVE Lifebars UPDATED! (1280x720 resolution, 640x480 coming soon)
#8  July 14, 2011, 08:32:41 pm
  • Yes.
    • Brazil
    • Skype - seph_0
Hmm... I still see some problems there...
I sended you a pm, and I hope you read it if possible
#9  July 14, 2011, 08:58:02 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Hmm... I still see some problems there...
I sended you a pm, and I hope you read it if possible
I see some problems as well :3

Anyway Overlord I wouldn't really worry about a 640x480 conversion, the lifebar it self was made for an HD screenpack and that should be it's main purpose no? Just a little thought, we already have a lot of bars for HR anyway :)
#10  July 14, 2011, 09:04:37 pm
Dude, what about the health and power bars for p1 in survival mode?

Edit: I agree with what oxe said xD.
Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:08:04 pm by Zazzer
#11  July 14, 2011, 09:14:29 pm
  • Yes.
    • Brazil
    • Skype - seph_0
Re: EVE Lifebars UPDATED AGAIN! (1280x720 resolution, 640x480 coming soon)
#12  July 15, 2011, 08:53:40 pm
  • "Ciel! India."
Got some more updates everyone!  Big thanks to Seph this time; he really fixed em up, so they should run much better now.
#13  July 16, 2011, 12:50:55 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Now what was those updates again and this really looks epic. Now only if some one or maybe DJ would finish eve for mugen 1.0.....
#14  July 16, 2011, 12:57:29 am
  • Yes.
    • Brazil
    • Skype - seph_0
Basicly position fix for almost everything, cropped the most of the sprites in the sff, removed unneeded sprites from the sff, added a Win, draw and time text, added transperacy to the animations. and other stuff.  :P
#15  July 16, 2011, 01:07:23 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Wow! sounds all good to me now just need that eve finished. Maybe I will take a stab at it and complete it for one of my private hardware's.
#16  July 16, 2011, 05:57:25 am
  • "Ciel! India."
Wow! sounds all good to me now just need that eve finished. Maybe I will take a stab at it and complete it for one of my private hardware's.

I've actually been remaking the entire screenpack as a pet project; the lifebar was just part of the whole thing.  I plan to eventually make an EvE arcade machine!

Here's a redone select screen, just to show that I've been busy:

Custom portraits, scrolling text on that bar, etc.

I've been working literally all day on this so far.  Making custom portraits for 100+ characters not once but twice is annoying and time-consuming.
#17  July 16, 2011, 06:21:36 am
  • Add-on Pro :P
    • Mexico
I plan to eventually make an EvE arcade machine!

Soooo you're ganna make an acrade set for this? Wow. Last time I saw one for mugen was at a small local store. :ninja:

Anyways, it's good to see that you're updating that old screenpack. :)

TempesT said:
I just got back from having really hot and raw sex with sal and seph, oh my gosh they violated my body many times, IT WAS GREAT!!!!! They have many big dick and used to have sex with my sex holes! Also my armpits are strictly OFF LIMITS especially to foreign weiners.
>:)
[/center]
#18  July 16, 2011, 06:53:42 am
  • "Ciel! India."

Soooo you're ganna make an acrade set for this? Wow. Last time I saw one for mugen was at a small local store. :ninja:

Yup!  I purchased the arcade panel a few years ago, and I need something to keep me busy over the summers, so I figured, what better way than to build a cabinet?  It'll hopefully be a showcase style one, with the EvE logo on the sides/control panel/marquee.

Also, I'm not sure I'll release the "updated" version, since the screenpack isn't mine, it's DJ's, and I'm not sure if he'd appreciate me basically stealing his work.  :P
#19  July 16, 2011, 07:46:04 pm
  • Participate, be a part.

Yup!  I purchased the arcade panel a few years ago, and I need something to keep me busy over the summers, so I figured, what better way than to build a cabinet?  It'll hopefully be a showcase style one, with the EvE logo on the sides/control panel/marquee.

Also, I'm not sure I'll release the "updated" version, since the screenpack isn't mine, it's DJ's, and I'm not sure if he'd appreciate me basically stealing his work.  :P

you can always just ask him, everything looks promising so far though. I was hoping djvan update his screenpack but i guess not. just glad someones working on it...
Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 08:39:09 pm by mugenload
#20  July 16, 2011, 07:53:39 pm
    • Mexico
You can release it, but you'll have to do it in the Edits Section of 1.0 Releases :)

TempesT said:
I just got back from having really hot and raw sex with sal and seph, oh my gosh they violated my body many times, IT WAS GREAT!!!!! They have many big dick and used to have sex with my sex holes! Also my armpits are strictly OFF LIMITS especially to foreign weiners.
[/center]
#21  July 16, 2011, 11:10:18 pm
  • Yes.
    • Brazil
    • Skype - seph_0
EvE HD: The none Leacher version. :V
I kinda like the progress. :)
#22  July 16, 2011, 11:35:23 pm
  • "Ciel! India."
Thanks for the kind words everyone  :)

I just finished making all of the portraits today.  Turns out that making 2 portraits for 100+ characters is a more time-consuming process than one may think.

Next to do:  Think of some sweet-ass animations for the VS screen, Game Over screen, Victory screen, and a credits sequence that's unnecessarily long.
#23  July 17, 2011, 03:55:11 pm
  • Participate, be a part.
Thanks for the kind words everyone  :)

I just finished making all of the portraits today.  Turns out that making 2 portraits for 100+ characters is a more time-consuming process than one may think.

Next to do:  Think of some sweet-ass animations for the VS screen, Game Over screen, Victory screen, and a credits sequence that's unnecessarily long.

lol, thats why I prefer to stick with standard portraits. good luck though.
#24  July 17, 2011, 04:20:16 pm
how do i install this lifebar?

what i have done so far:

placed grandchase folder to data folder

then i went to system.def and changed something..

spr = grandchase/grandchase.sff          ;Filename of sprite data
fight = grandchase/fight.def         ;Fight definition filename

nothing has changed :(
#25  July 17, 2011, 06:25:51 pm
  • "Ciel! India."
how do i install this lifebar?

what i have done so far:

placed grandchase folder to data folder

then i went to system.def and changed something..

spr = grandchase/grandchase.sff          ;Filename of sprite data
fight = grandchase/fight.def         ;Fight definition filename

nothing has changed :(

...Erm...

I'm assuming either this is the wrong topic, or you have the file name entirely wrong, my friend.  :P

It's evefight.def that goes in your mugen1/ folder.

So:

fight = data/mugen1/evefight.def

For a lifebar, that should be all you need.
#26  July 17, 2011, 06:34:49 pm
  • Yes.
    • Brazil
    • Skype - seph_0
Or just read the "How to set this as your default lifebar" file and bingo! :p
#27  July 17, 2011, 11:55:37 pm
  • "Ciel! India."
Quick question:

I've noticed that since I made the lifebars, Turns and Survival mode have been INCREDIBLY difficult.  It's like I'm set to a double-damage handicap, even though I shouldn't be.

At first I thought I might have broken something in the system files in my edits, but apprently, while looking over stuff at club-syn, I noticed the Clueless lifebar includes an extra .def file for his fight that supposedly fixes the problem I'm having!  Problem is, I have no idea what he changed (along with the fact that I'd be using a fight.def file for another lifebar  >_>)

Anybody know anything about this?
#28  July 20, 2011, 11:26:18 pm
can someone tell me how to install these lifebars im still kinda new to using mugen 1.0  :'(
#29  July 21, 2011, 06:35:22 pm
  • "Ciel! India."
#30  July 23, 2011, 10:36:03 pm
  • Primatophile
  • MUGEN is an art..... let us paint.
    • USA
    • Skype - psycho_jolteon
The font file "EVE_NAME.fnt" (I assume) is missing the number "2."

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#31  July 23, 2011, 11:36:31 pm
  • Yes.
    • Brazil
    • Skype - seph_0
#32  July 24, 2011, 08:06:53 pm

I've actually been remaking the entire screenpack as a pet project; the lifebar was just part of the whole thing.  I plan to eventually make an EvE arcade machine!

I've been working literally all day on this so far.  Making custom portraits for 100+ characters not once but twice is annoying and time-consuming.

I'd really like to see you release this character selection screen. The original EVE HD one has too many slots for me to fill with, and the display name section is really small >.<
#33  July 27, 2011, 05:34:14 pm
  • "Ciel! India."

I'd really like to see you release this character selection screen. The original EVE HD one has too many slots for me to fill with, and the display name section is really small >.<

If I'm ever to release that select screen, it will be along with all of my other major changes to the SP.  I haven't been working on it in a while though.  What I still have to do:

-Make the select screen more exciting.  It feels very plain and boring right now.  What I would love to do is get the portraits moving, but that's not possible, as far as I know.  Possibly just some animation around the portraits themselves.

-Game Over screen.  Nothing fancy, but it feels odd just hopping right back to the game menu when you give up.

-Universal ending.  I don't know about you, but I'm not making custom endings for all 100+ of my characters.  I'll just make something that will fit for all characters.

-Possibly a credits screen?  They give it a much more professional feel, imo.  I'd like to do something like brokenMUGEN's credits, with the combo videos and whatnot.  I'll think of something.

-Maybe touch up the title screen a bit, give it some subtle animations.  (Yes, I know.  I like animations.  Shuddup.)
#34  July 28, 2011, 03:45:19 am
    • Mexico
-Maybe touch up the title screen a bit, give it some subtle animations.  (Yes, I know.  I like animations.  Shuddup.)

Add alot of animations but not too many, since MUGEN can run very slow if it's loaded with animations (HD already makes it lag since it runs of your CPU and not your graphics card). I want to see more progress on this :)

TempesT said:
[/center]
#35  July 28, 2011, 08:06:28 pm
  • "Ciel! India."

Add alot of animations but not too many, since MUGEN can run very slow if it's loaded with animations (HD already makes it lag since it runs of your CPU and not your graphics card). I want to see more progress on this :)

That's one of the main reasons I'm looking forward to 1.1.  I have a beastly graphics card, and I want to be able to use it, damnit!    >:(
#36  July 28, 2011, 08:17:59 pm
  • Yes.
    • Brazil
    • Skype - seph_0
I like the old Versus screen animatino :c
#37  July 28, 2011, 11:46:10 pm
  • "Ciel! India."
#38  July 28, 2011, 11:50:11 pm
  • Yes.
    • Brazil
    • Skype - seph_0
Oops... I ment Select screen. :P
But good luck!
#39  August 15, 2011, 04:23:23 am
Hey Mugen_Lord sup man, I hope that your project's progress is going smooth and highly anticipate your next update..... As you know I'm editing  the same screenpack as you, heres the latest update: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4lJto68coA
Every Fighter has the Edg3
#40  August 15, 2011, 01:03:35 pm
    • Brazil
The letter "v" was replaced by the letter "s" on the displayname: vanessa = sanessa; violent ken = siolent  ken.
the number "2" does not appear

you could introduce more fonts to get more complete.
#41  October 08, 2011, 11:02:23 pm
  • "Ciel! India."
The letter "v" was replaced by the letter "s" on the displayname: vanessa = sanessa; violent ken = siolent  ken.
the number "2" does not appear

you could introduce more fonts to get more complete.

Thanks for the notice!  They've all been addressed.  Give them a redownload!
#42  October 09, 2011, 12:47:05 am
  • Yes.
    • Brazil
    • Skype - seph_0
#43  October 09, 2011, 12:55:06 am
  • "Ciel! India."
Re: EVE Lifebars V2, FIXES! (1280x720 resolution)
#44  October 09, 2011, 12:56:29 am
  • Yes.
    • Brazil
    • Skype - seph_0
 :P
#45  October 09, 2011, 01:52:41 am
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#46  October 09, 2011, 11:31:01 pm
  • "Ciel! India."
As for the 640x480 version, sorry that I haven't been working on it quite yet.
Someone tell me how to do this and i can do it 8)

1.  Resize every single sprite in the .sff
OR
1.  Scale everything down to the proper size in the .def
2.  Fix all of the coordinates in the .def
3.  Rescale all of the portraits

As a note, there's a reason I didn't make this 640x480; custom portraits would look like shit if they were made that small.
#47  October 11, 2011, 01:54:41 am
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
Hmm overlord Im gonna shoot you a PM
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#48  October 11, 2011, 05:01:03 am
  • You must defeat my spriteswaps to stand a chance.
    • USA
THANK YOU!
I hate the 1.0 default lifebars.

Now if only someone could make a victory qoute screen for EVE....
#49  October 12, 2011, 05:12:55 am
  • "Ciel! India."
#50  October 12, 2011, 11:42:41 pm
    • USA
I've found a bug in the lifebar. a V in a character name becomes a S.

Proof:

And yes, I tested it on the select screen and it's a V.
#51  October 13, 2011, 06:25:57 am
  • "Ciel! India."
I've found a bug in the lifebar. a V in a character name becomes a S.

Proof:

And yes, I tested it on the select screen and it's a V.

I thought I had that fixed.  Have you downloaded the V2?

I'll update the download anyway, gimme a minute or two

edit:  alright, they're up.  give them a redownload.
#52  October 13, 2011, 11:04:31 pm
    • USA
The only download that was up was V2. Thank you for squashing this little bug!
#53  October 28, 2011, 11:08:59 pm
How do you install this  LifeBar what do i exactly have to install it  i read the readme  but i still can't install it on mugen 1.0

Replies will be appreciated  :)

:flipout::whip:
#54  October 28, 2011, 11:26:34 pm
    • USA
How do you install this  LifeBar what do i exactly have to install it  i read the readme  but i still can't install it on mugen 1.0

Replies will be appreciated  :)

:flipout::whip:

Make a folder called "evebattle" Then go to where your system of your screen pack is and change

fight = mugen1/fight.def

to

fight = evefight/evefight.def
#55  October 29, 2011, 12:10:48 am
Thanks Metasponge64 really helped me finally my EVE HD is ready to ROCK  :sugoi:
#56  November 10, 2011, 04:29:24 am
  • "Ciel! India."

Alright, I need a bit of help.

I need to get these new powerbars to appear over stage foreground.  Problem is while I can set the layerno for the powerbar to 1, when a stage has a foreground element and sets it to layerno 1 as well, the stage has priority over the lifebar.  I thought I could solve this by setting it to 2 (which it does make it appear above all else), the win and round start animations (even when set to layerno 2, 3, so on) will not appear over it.

tl;dr
powerbar layerno = 2 works
round/win animations layerno =2 does not work

is there any way to get the animations to appear over the powerbar while still keeping the powerbar above stage foreground?

For reference, the round layerno is set to 2 in the picture.
Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:45:54 am by Mugen_Overlord
#57  November 17, 2011, 03:12:11 am
    • USA
Try setting the win animations to layer = 3 and the powerbar to layer = 2.
Re: EVE Lifebars! (1280x720 resolution) NEED SOME HELP, SEE NEWEST POST
#58  November 17, 2011, 03:03:27 pm
  • Yes.
    • Brazil
    • Skype - seph_0
Mugen lifebars only support till 2, so I don't think there is another way.
#59  November 02, 2013, 03:25:07 am
    • USA
    • rage1414@gmail.com
Making a bunch of ports, message me for link

#60  November 02, 2013, 03:30:28 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
If you're gonna bump about ports it'd be nice if you at least would post the link to them so those who do still use these can use them
#61  November 02, 2013, 03:31:23 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#62  November 02, 2013, 12:56:01 pm
    • USA
    • rage1414@gmail.com
#63  November 02, 2013, 08:20:53 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Thank you
#64  November 02, 2013, 08:51:58 pm
    • USA
    • rage1414@gmail.com
#65  March 05, 2014, 04:55:22 pm
  • Screenpack Editor
    • Canada
Also, don't forget about the win screen and the continue screen. (there's tiny)
And hello, i'm new.
#66  June 04, 2015, 08:56:10 am
    • Malaysia
    • brianchoomj@gmail.com
I used this lifebar for the EVE Battle ver 2, but no portaits came out at the lifebar. How to fix it?
#67  June 05, 2015, 04:33:12 am
  • ✧*:・゚☩~☺Mugen Soul☺~☩*:・゚✧
  • BOOM, HEADSHOT
    • USA

What did you have done with the HD EVE? You did remove some slots!!
LOL