YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread (Read 1084669 times)

Started by AlexSin, October 14, 2012, 11:57:57 am
Re: [Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread
#1421  August 25, 2017, 03:18:17 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
That's some great improvement
Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 02:13:11 am by DragonSlayerEX
#1422  August 25, 2017, 03:43:10 am

If sure thank you for mentioning the PNG but I think that this is not really the style, I made it rehice the face I do not know which is more similar to the real style, or why I should go, ie start the project with such sprite, of course also its proportions should be changed.
original or------------------------->new?

The new one looks a ton better! I'm not enough of an art guy to say if it matches the Z2 style, but it certainly looks good.

I wouldn't mind playing a Raditz based on this. Maybe make an animation or two and come back for more feedback.
#1423  August 25, 2017, 06:31:14 am
    • Mexico
thank you for your comments and I will consider being able to finish 2 animations attach suggestions

lui

#1424  August 25, 2017, 06:32:18 am
    • USA
new one is better but your lightsources are all over the place

the arms have the light coming from the bottom yet the legs have it coming from the top like its supposed to. the armor cod piece also has it coming from the sides which is odd. the feet also have it coming from the sides as well.

the lightsource should always be from the top. keep that in mind.
#1425  August 25, 2017, 06:06:04 pm
The knees are too small, look at Vegeta to see how they're drawn.
The legs' muscles in general look different if you check Vegeta.

Always speaking of the knees, the one on the right seems to be drawn like if it faces us.
Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 06:17:14 pm by AlexSin
#1426  August 26, 2017, 12:51:46 am
    • Mexico

Try to make all your suggestions the shadows and the light of the sprite, and the legs as well as your knees but I do not know if I have achieved or should improve it yet, what do you think?

Note: I know it does not look good yet I wanted to show them a basic image (like a base if the position and light are correct)
#1427  August 26, 2017, 12:56:48 am
The arm on your right gets light from the floor.
The arm on your left seems to get light from the right.
The leg on your left shouldn't get light because there's the armour pad above it. Maybe a bit of light, but not that much.

The legs muscles look a lot better!
#1428  August 26, 2017, 01:13:14 am
    • Mexico
I regret to post it every time but I am newbie doing sprites and I do not know very well how to make them do that once more what they think and suggest?
Edit: I edit this so that I also edit my sprite with which should continue?
Edit1 Edit2
Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 02:05:08 am by Zx_Zeo125
#1429  August 26, 2017, 03:48:54 am
Don't worry about it; your sprite is improving a lot with each pass. Of the two edits, I think the one on the left might be a little better because the leg is too defined on the right: it looks a bit like the parts of it aren't really attached.

Just reading Walruslui's comment about the shading and looking at your sprite, I think shading on the codepiece is still off. I messed around with the sprite a bit, dunno if any of them are better.

#1430  August 26, 2017, 04:16:15 am
    • Mexico
thanks for the help only I found a problem and is that my raditz sprite is too big to fit with the other chars

it is assumed that standing raditz is of the same height as piccolo and counting the hair of raditz
Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 04:23:18 am by Zx_Zeo125
#1431  August 26, 2017, 04:57:14 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That's not a huge issue to be honest. None of the chars in HDBZ are really to scale
#1432  August 27, 2017, 12:26:05 am
    • Mexico
I finally believe that this may be the final model of the base sprite again thanks any suggestion that can improve it even more.

I clarify that I want the best possible to be based on the sprite to continue with the animation and makes it possible to bring about 2 or 3 animations to return for more feedback.
#1433  August 27, 2017, 10:08:59 am
    • Philippines
i made a jiren sprite, my 2nd z2 sprite i've ever made feedback would be great :) im sure there are mistakes i cant see yet. plus i'm not sure how z2 style would do the quads on someone as tall as jiren. i've only seen it on old style z2 characters like vegita and freeza. new z2 style characters all have baggy pants so far
i like pixels
#1434  August 27, 2017, 10:30:12 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Hey that's VERY GOOD! Honestly. Proportions, colors and shading all look on point!
Just 2 VERY minor nitpicks for feedback:
-Forgot to anti-alias the top of his feed, it's just a pure 3rd shade line now. Need to break that up into 2nd shade (lighter) a little bit as you did with the top of the head and shoulders.
-The muscles on his upper leg could slowly fade into using only the 2nd shade, so the lines ease out a little softer.

That's honestly all I can really give feedback on, that sprite looks great!!
Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 10:37:18 am by Balthazar
#1435  August 27, 2017, 12:18:51 pm
    • Philippines
thanks Balth :D that's super helpful, i'll fix them accordingly. and dang yeah, i actually DID forget to antialias xD
i like pixels
#1436  August 27, 2017, 04:49:02 pm
    • Argentina
That's a great sprite there, dude! I agree with Balth here. Fix those things and it'll be perfect :D
#1437  August 27, 2017, 05:06:02 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

The abs looked a bit flat, so I did this. I did it bc I really wanted to pixel some abs, so feel free to ignore it if you don't want to use it. I have a history of messing up people's works, so hopefully this isn't the case here, lol.

I used this as a reference.

I don't know who that is but I like the way you proportioned everything, reminds me of Superman: TAS. : >
This is a generic forum signature.
#1438  August 28, 2017, 03:12:06 am
    • Philippines
cool edit! although i purposely skipped the abs. i feel like jiren should have them, but in all official depictions of him, they dont actually define his abs, so i thought i should skip it too

and about the serratus anterior (the things that look like ribs but are actually muscles), i noticed z2 doesnt highlight or shade them, so i left them flat too. like, on freeza, vegeta, and buu, they weren't defined. buu only has defined SA muscles in very specific poses, so i skipped them as well tbh

but sper cool edit nonetheless! i like the way you shaded the abs
i like pixels
#1439  August 28, 2017, 03:23:56 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I see. I didn't know that the serratus anterior was done that way in Z2 style. I'll keep that in mind.

I am glad you like the abs edit though : ]
This is a generic forum signature.
#1440  September 02, 2017, 01:21:55 am
    • Mexico
Finally here it is, I am sorry to give you a single animation, but lately I have had many things to do besides trying to do it the best I could by extending the time.

Note: Apart from seeing that the farmer was updated I took some screenshots.
Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 01:26:11 am by Zx_Zeo125