Hayato v1.5 by ヤモリX (Read 15477 times)

Started by yamme, May 10, 2015, 03:06:36 am
Share this topic:
Hayato v1.5 by ヤモリX
#1  May 10, 2015, 03:06:36 am
  • A human that exists sometimes.
    • USA
Hayato v1.5 (by ヤモリX)

Hello, all you wonderful people. Today I bring you a character I've been working on for a while now. He was delayed a bit due to some concerns involving a head injury, but now I've managed to complete him. He is Hayato Kanzaki of Star Gladiator. He plays in the same style of all my other chars (L-M-H combos, EX moves, etc.) and comes with his own AI. Please, leave any feedback or suggestions you may have down below; I would appreciate it very much.

Screenshots
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Download link: Click Me!

What's New?:
do the thing
Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 09:17:34 pm by ヤモリX
Re: Hayato v1 (by ヤモリX)
#2  May 10, 2015, 06:55:50 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
The Star Gladiator hero arrives! Nice release Yamori! >D
Re: Hayato v1 (by ヤモリX)
#3  May 10, 2015, 07:56:23 am
    • USA
Well, that didnt take long.
do the thing
Re: Hayato v1.1 (by ヤモリX)
#4  May 10, 2015, 08:05:04 am
I just tested it. I really like it.

I have never been really satisfied with the 3 different hayato I had until now. This one is better.
My stages exhibition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2YZO7ut5I

Find them at: http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat294

You are free to use the materials in the stages I released before 2014. Credits are always appreciated.
#5  May 10, 2015, 07:52:14 pm
    • USA
I just tested it. I really like it.

I have never been really satisfied with the 3 different hayato I had until now. This one is better.

I'm very glad you feel that way. Thank you!
do the thing

DW

#6  May 11, 2015, 12:39:03 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
On the surface, he feels OK, but there's much you need to fix. First off; A lot of times creators forget(or don't know) about using the ctrl + C/D MUGEN mechanics. IDK if you know or not, but I'm going to assume you don't, because Hayato has debug flood for just about EVERYTHING he does:

^This is is just from loading him up. You're missing a required animation. 5300.

The rest of all of this is just from attacking and what not:

All of those error messages in the top right corner is debug flood. Use ctrl + D to display it. If you press it again, it will display p2's data. The bottom left is the data for the player, which displays timings, stateno, general stuff like that. You can add more data being displayed with applying code in the char's respective State -2 if you wish. Ctrl + C is to display the players' hitboxes(clsns). This is my next topic to address. Your clsns need a lot of work. They're over excessive and lack synergy. Take for instance, s.LP:

You don't need to use 5 clsns for this. The range of this atk could have been done just as well with just 1 clsn. Some of the clsns go behind him, which basically results in a ground crossup...? Don't know if crossup can be used for a grounded atk, but what I'm saying is that someone could dodge behind him, or jump behind him, and still get hit by this atk, while he's facing the other way. This atk also has ridiculous priority, even for a sword based atk. Your basic clsns suffer from lack of synergy as well. As in, gethit anims, jumping, walking, etc.  All of your standing hit high and low states should use the same clsns as your idle stance state. All of your crouch gethit states should use the same clsns as your crouching idle state. Clsns don't need to change for every little frame, which in turn, you should make more use of the clsns constant function. Especially for general/basic actions. It'll save you time in the long run and is more practical overall.

-His target combos feel mapped oddly. Maybe you took it straight from SG instead of MvC2? IDK, but it's strange.

-Is he suppose to have ariel raves? I'm confused because cr.HP launches, yet you can't jump up with p2 to follow up really. I've done it on Training a few times, w/o any recover or blocking functions turned on though, so IDK. If he's not supposed to do ariel raves, then why have cr.HP launch? If he is supposed to, you need to fix the jumping up after them mechanic.

-Why does his QCF + P special have a nothitby on it? I'm not sure exactly what it is he can't or can get hit by while doing this, but either way, it's not like this move is suppose to resist anything at all. I can understand giving the EX version some type of special property, but not the vanilla version.

-For his DP + P, you have the NHB last for way too long:

^He still has NHB going even during the cooldown/falling down portion of the move. The NHB should really only last for as long as he's grounded(stand type) on startup. Once he's air type, there shouldn't be anymore invulnerability.

-I'm not really trippin' on you making his elbow smash special a counter ability, though I do have a problem with it not setting p2 up for a free juggle as it's intended to do. That's really the point of the move. W/O that function, it might as well not even be there. The EX version leaving  p2 in extended hitstun is the only worthwhile version of it.

I may get to more later, but for now, you really need to work on his clsns and fixing all of this debug flood going on.
Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 12:43:20 am by DW
#7  May 11, 2015, 02:01:36 am
    • USA
Thank you for taking your time to write this. I appreciate it very much. The debug flood and missing anim were fixed already. As for the rest, I will do what i can to fix them. And as for some of the special moves, I tried not sticking too closely to MvC2 in the way they work.

And yes, he does have aerial raves, but not in the same manner as the MvC titles.
do the thing
Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 02:16:43 am by ヤモリX
#8  May 11, 2015, 02:50:44 am
    • USA
Hopefully this updated most of the clsn issues.
do the thing
Re: Hayato v1.2 (by ヤモリX)
#9  May 12, 2015, 09:12:05 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
back + any punches don't take damage Yamori.
#10  May 13, 2015, 01:07:16 am
    • USA
do the thing
#11  May 31, 2015, 07:08:48 am
    • USA
Quick update to Hayato
do the thing
Re: Hayato v1.3 (by ヤモリX)
#12  May 31, 2015, 09:27:30 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
...he can't throw?

Also, what is Plasma Surge supposed to do? Ahhh, it buffs Plasma Combos. Nice.
Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 10:15:02 pm by Tondeuse
#13  May 31, 2015, 10:13:11 pm
    • USA
do the thing
#14  May 31, 2015, 10:16:46 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Ah, you should've listed in the readme that throwing is two punches.

EDIT: Also, I feel like you should make Plasma Surge supercancelable from Guren considering you can do it in the air and it helps lock the opponent in place; kinda guarantees a free buff. Then again, that might make him a bit too strong. Maybe. Hmmm.

All in all, I like this Hayato. Feels nice and fresh and very old school.
#15  May 31, 2015, 10:18:34 pm
    • USA
Ah, you should've listed in the readme that throwing is two punches.

I seemed to have forgotten to add that. Also note that he has an aerial throw as well. I've now added the throws to the movelist. Thanks for letting me know.
do the thing
#16  June 05, 2015, 06:14:32 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Some more feedback in video form!

- The hitstun during Plasma Combos is pretty long, and tbh I think that's ok. But the pushback can be a problem because you can spam Kegon up to three hits and repeat until they're far enough (you can get in about 4 reps for sure), or on certain enemies and game sizes (for some reason), Raizan until MK, repeat.

- The latter point also means that if anyone ever does a Plasma Surge setup like in the video above (say c.HK, H Shiden (1hit), Plasma Surge), you can juggle with Raizan for quite a bit and it's a stupid easy way to rack up damage for one bar... unless your opponent's in the corner. The cornerpush is perfectly fine and ensures you don't get to exploit anything too hard.

All in all, one of the core problems with what you fashioned your character around (PC buffs) is ultimately the pushback during those.
Evaluate as you see fit, I'll surely still like this character a lot.
Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:16:48 am by Tondeuse
#17  June 05, 2015, 07:06:24 am
    • USA
All in all, one of the core problems with what you fashioned your character around (PC buffs) is ultimately the pushback during those.
Evaluate as you see fit, I'll surely still like this character a lot.

Wow, I'm very happy that you took this time for Hayato. Hopefully, I've fixed up those Plasma Combo problems. Thank you so much, I am very grateful.
do the thing
Re: Hayato v1.5 by ヤモリX
#18  July 21, 2015, 09:21:09 pm
    • USA
A new update for Hayato as well.
do the thing