YesNoOk

MVC2 System and Gauge (Read 11496 times)

Started by Reza, November 02, 2007, 12:55:16 am
Share this topic:
MVC2 System and Gauge
#1  November 02, 2007, 12:55:16 am
  • ITS MORPHING TIME!!!
    • Trinidad and Tobago
    • http://www.mediafire.com/?qt39a5kvdd0a5,sf1v19c639n01,e3ctsei5sid20,5i0jjcjri7zvl,g2led8bz1uj54,47gwixx3kw399,ytydyqlxfd7b4
OK folks i was wondering what is the exact system the VS series uses, for example this is what I'm using for my characters:

Gauge
- 5 Levels of Supers/Hypers

System
- Blocking
- Chain Combo
- Air Chain Combo
- Super/Hyper Combo Cancel
- Cancel Any Move
- Dash (Depends on the Character)
- Run (Depends on the Character)
- Rolling (Depends on the Character)
- Dodge (Depends on the Character)
- Counter Attack
- Counter Movement
- Air Guard
- Tactical Recovery
- Safe Fall
- Super/Long Jump
- Advance Guard
- Tech Hit
- Air Dash (Depends on the Character)
- Snapback Attack
- Double/Triple Jump (Depends on the Character)
- Wall Jump (Depends on the Character)
- Tag Team
- Dizzy
- Damage Dampener
- Flying/Float (Depends on the Character)
- Wall Hit
- Automatic Recovery (If Not Knocked Down/Back)
- Launchers

P.S Folks can use this as a guide to make MVC2 characters, so if any one can make this a sticky that would be great. :buttrox:
Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 11:53:45 pm by Reza
Re: MVC2 System and Sub-System
#2  November 02, 2007, 02:14:04 am
    • Peru
What's the difference between System and Subsystem? ???
You are missing Snapback move.
#3  November 02, 2007, 02:17:54 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#4  November 02, 2007, 02:36:24 am
    • Peru
I missed the part where he says "for my characters" :/
#5  November 02, 2007, 03:10:33 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
You're missing Dizzy.

A lot of characters have a special thingy in midair as well, Chunli or omega red for eg.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#6  November 02, 2007, 03:16:53 am
  • Coming Soon?
air dash? double triple air jump for some?

but both of those are character specific
Latest Yoshi alpha ready for feedback Aug 15th check here for details...
#7  November 02, 2007, 06:52:12 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
In a specific sense yes, Broadly, he should set a state aside for characters with something that happens in midair. Dash, wall jump, double jump and so on.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#8  November 02, 2007, 02:55:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
hitdefs are also important, while maybe not for the system per-se, they are for having an apropiate feeling.
#9  November 02, 2007, 06:24:35 pm
  • ITS MORPHING TIME!!!
    • Trinidad and Tobago
    • http://www.mediafire.com/?qt39a5kvdd0a5,sf1v19c639n01,e3ctsei5sid20,5i0jjcjri7zvl,g2led8bz1uj54,47gwixx3kw399,ytydyqlxfd7b4
What's the difference between System and Subsystem? ???

I have no idea why i separated them and I'm going to add the "Snapback Move" to the list. :sugoi: ;P

Can be considered part of the whole tagging system IMO, which usually has no room in a Mugen char.

Well thats true because you can't send characters back and bring others out.

I missed the part where he says "for my characters" :/

No... ::) this is not only for my characters I'm making a guild so other folks can use it make MVC2 characters. Now a days all you see is CVS1/CVS2 characters being made don't get me wrong i love CVS but too much can kill you...lol, so i was saying ok I'll make a small guild to push people in the right direction.

You're missing Dizzy.

A lot of characters have a special thingy in midair as well, Chunli or omega red for eg.

Added "Dizzy" to the list.

Well all of my characters are going to have the "Double Jump" feature thanks to "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" for the idea, you mentioned something about special midair movements meaning like fly and stuff like that ???

air dash? double triple air jump for some?

but both of those are character specific

Well i was thinking of adding the "Air Dash" feature to my characters since they can all "Double Jump" to make the air combos more serious and also fun to do.

In a specific sense yes, Broadly, he should set a state aside for characters with something that happens in midair. Dash, wall jump, double jump and so on.

I already added the "Double Jump" feature to my characters, but I'm still thinking of adding the "Air Dash" and "Wall Jump"

hitdefs are also important, while maybe not for the system per-se, they are for having an apropiate feeling.

Thats a very important factor also, it makes the characters run more smoothly but also works with the animation timing.

Fixed the List Above. :sugoi:
Re: MVC2 System and Gauge
#10  November 03, 2007, 12:51:46 am
    • Peru
There are a lot of MvC chars out there, but good ones? I can count them with my fingers. So yeah, I get the point and the idea is good.
#11  November 03, 2007, 12:54:59 am
    • Portugal
Not to burst your bubble, but why would people check here instead of in one of Kao's FAQs? Especially when you list run, dodge and roll as "MvC2 system".
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#12  November 03, 2007, 02:04:53 am
  • DAT SAX
AFAIK MvC2 only has dash and roll.

And I believe Ken is the only one who can roll, unless Akuma has it.

And would wall run or wall hang be an option ala Son Son or Strider?

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#13  November 03, 2007, 02:09:21 am
    • Portugal
That kind of rolling isn't part of the system, just special moves.

And I bet he put running in there because of Cyclops and such... but those are still just dashes.
#14  November 03, 2007, 02:10:53 am
  • DAT SAX
Hmm...so rolling and run should be removed from the list.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#15  November 03, 2007, 04:20:17 am
  • Coming Soon?
recovery roll...
Latest Yoshi alpha ready for feedback Aug 15th check here for details...
#16  November 03, 2007, 02:31:35 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
#17  November 06, 2007, 10:25:21 pm
  • ITS MORPHING TIME!!!
    • Trinidad and Tobago
#18  November 09, 2007, 12:04:39 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
I guess that this stuff of MvC2 system can be more complex than you can imagine, system includes hit state behaviors, that are very different from other games... for example automatic recoveries (no x+y command), some states in which you cannot do a recovery roll (like flying screen moves), others that recover automatically in floor (ej., hit by Jill's Air Hyper/Elbow Takle, Jin´s kick air finisher, etc.), if launched, the hit animation is shown and then, the rest if air animatiosn (5030, 5051, 5060, etc.) for example, doing a launcher move, animation shown when HitPausetime != 0: 5012, then going up, animation shown: 5051, in aerial raves is the same, except some moves that show anim 5030 first instead of 5051.

All of this stuff need heavy modifications in common1.cns (of course in your chars) and may not be fully compatible with some moves (ej. Evil Ken's Shinryuken, and some chars MvC styled that aren't 100% coded in VS system base).

Why I know that? because I'm trying to do my best to improve this system in mugen, but in some ways is complicated...

Anyway, I wish you good luck with your guide, analyze carefully games like MvC2, that can help you a lot with this.

BTW... where can I see this "Kao's FAQs"? I'm REALLY interested on reading him.

See ya!!!!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#19  November 09, 2007, 12:06:21 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
in gamefaqs, look for stuff made by either kao megura or chris macdonalds, it is the smae person.
#20  November 09, 2007, 12:25:45 am
  • ITS MORPHING TIME!!!
    • Trinidad and Tobago
I guess that this stuff of MvC2 system can be more complex than you can imagine, system includes hit state behaviors, that are very different from other games... for example automatic recoveries (no x+y command), some states in which you cannot do a recovery roll (like flying screen moves), others that recover automatically in floor (ej., hit by Jill's Air Hyper/Elbow Takle, Jin´s kick air finisher, etc.), if launched, the hit animation is shown and then, the rest if air animatiosn (5030, 5051, 5060, etc.) for example, doing a launcher move, animation shown when HitPausetime != 0: 5012, then going up, animation shown: 5051, in aerial raves is the same, except some moves that show anim 5030 first instead of 5051.

All of this stuff need heavy modifications in common1.cns (of course in your chars) and may not be fully compatible with some moves (ej. Evil Ken's Shinryuken, and some chars MvC styled that aren't 100% coded in VS system base).

Why I know that? because I'm trying to do my best to improve this system in mugen, but in some ways is complicated...

Anyway, I wish you good luck with your guide, analyze carefully games like MvC2, that can help you a lot with this.

BTW... where can I see this "Kao's FAQs"? I'm REALLY interested on reading him.

See ya!!!!! :D

Wow dude you seem to how a lot about the MVC2 System and how it works, from the sound of it its going to be very hard especially for me since I'm still a little new but I'm trying my best. :sugoi:

in gamefaqs, look for stuff made by either kao megura or chris macdonalds, it is the smae person.

Nice I'll check out the faq when i get sometime. ;D