#61  April 24, 2008, 08:57:04 pm
Let's enjoy a nice edit of a good char.
And not make it a big deal.
Re: Evil Homer
#62  April 24, 2008, 09:13:38 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Speaking as KFM:

He isnt pretending he created evil ken, he isnt "RIDING IT FOR GLORY" There is no fucking glory.
Bull. Shit. People aren't going to see "Warner's sprites on Evil Ken", they're going to see "Warner's Evil Homer", just like they have EVERY similar project looked at it like it was solely his. And I ask you: how is that not riding on someone else's back to get some fame

Its an actual thought out edit, with major work envolved.
Because spriting Homer in a devil suit to match up with Evil Ken's animations is serious business and so incredibly hard.

You dont even know if he is gonna release it as a sprite pack or whatever, as  a patch or whatever, but you are already defending your "TURF" from the bad guys.
Read Warner's own post. He's not releasing it as a patch he's counting on it working with Reu's coding as a core. Like he's done how many times over the years? Let's see, off the top of my head: H"s Iori, Eli's Big Eli, Mario's Luigi...

Personally I don't think anyone has the right to speak on Reu's behalf.
TMasta can, and did apparently state no.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#63  April 24, 2008, 09:18:05 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
#64  April 24, 2008, 09:34:49 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Speaking as KFM:

He isnt pretending he created evil ken, he isnt "RIDING IT FOR GLORY" There is no fucking glory.
Bull. Shit. People aren't going to see "Warner's sprites on Evil Ken", they're going to see "Warner's Evil Homer", just like they have EVERY similar project looked at it like it was solely his. And I ask you: how is that not riding on someone else's back to get some fame

Its an actual thought out edit, with major work envolved.
Because spriting Homer in a devil suit to match up with Evil Ken's animations is serious business and so incredibly hard.

You dont even know if he is gonna release it as a sprite pack or whatever, as  a patch or whatever, but you are already defending your "TURF" from the bad guys.
Read Warner's own post. He's not releasing it as a patch he's counting on it working with Reu's coding as a core. Like he's done how many times over the years? Let's see, off the top of my head: H"s Iori, Eli's Big Eli, Mario's Luigi...

Personally I don't think anyone has the right to speak on Reu's behalf.
TMasta can, and did apparently state no.

Thank you for ridiculing this person death with your attitudes.
Meanwhile, bring on your mugen lawyers and stuff too, instead of trying to discuss rationally with someone.That is sure to help.
#65  April 24, 2008, 09:43:35 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=78926.0

OK, stop the drama now.

both sides already stated what are their toughts. now wait for warner's response.
anyone else's post will be deleted on sight.

edit: Just to clear some missunderstanding on this post.

it is obvious that one of the interested parts, Warner, has been missing the last 2 pages of discussion. if he does not post what his stance on this whole discussion, including his interpretation on the facts brought up by KFM, Rabite and the others,  everything is nothing but pure speculation, since no one here has decisive power over Reu's work.

so, until Warner or Tmasta (or anyone who is a legit spokesman for Reu's work) post their stance on the matter, no one posts. i'm not locking, since this could send the wrong impression to the interested parts.

and i would ask for them to give their toughts.
Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 10:46:48 pm by Tony 3rd
#66  April 24, 2008, 11:04:24 pm
  • My college nickname was bi pod
You should release it as a SFF patch for evilken, i mean, it's not like if you did anything else than using homer sprites on him. :-\
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

#67  April 24, 2008, 11:08:49 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
For once, I agree with alucard_x. If it must be released, just make it a patch for Homer. That would prevent a lot of drama.
#68  April 24, 2008, 11:10:03 pm
all of you that went on about what reu would have done and said and oh remember he posted this and that in this situation and there's a spokesperson and a 2nd level spokesperson SHUT THE FUCK UP. YOU MAKE ME FUCKING SICK. if you find this edit of reu's character distasteful, don't download it. i could remove or lock this topic or ban warner (which i definitely won't), but that would accomplish nothing.

if the first thing that comes to your mind is about how someone is grave robbing someone else and riding their coat tails to fame and then you use that person's death as a bludgeon device into an argument, you are incredibly tasteless and should probably reconsider your priorities

now, let this topic continue as it should
#69  April 25, 2008, 12:44:09 am
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
...mmk.
I like the sprites, but i agree with that person who said you should release it as a patch=)
if you want to add custom coding and what not, could you patch that too ???
or would you need the whole file for that?

i couldn't be sure>_>
I'm not sure, but either way, i do like the sprites, and i hope you at the very least finish them=)
#70  April 25, 2008, 01:32:35 am
  • Nice Is Different From Good
    • www.freewebs.com/mommamugen/
 :ninja:

Warner, from the latest video he seems to be coming along :D
Never seen someone make so many sprites in a short period of time before o.O

Do you have an idea of a release thread yet?

Warner es demasiado agradable ser malo
#71  April 25, 2008, 01:53:49 am
  • SAWNIKBEWM
    • Netherlands
    • Skype - tjmthomas
    • www.reubenkee.com
Looks like i'm going to have to post here to clear things up.

First off, as the only Mugen Institute member nowadays i look after Reu's work wich i told him i would do if needed. (Ironically enough we were joking back then.)
Since Reu didn't want anyone to screw up his work with whatever could possibly do so i decided not to let anyone use the characters in such a way. Yes, the code is open source, however, for reference and/or bits of it, not to (near) completely copy and sff patch it.

Further more, MaranCV contacted me some time ago about Warner asking permission, i clearly said no.
There was a thread about it at infinity containing posts by Warner aswell so he can't say he didn't know.

An "SFF ONLY" patch, hence "SFF ONLY" is fine however.
Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 01:57:06 am by Masato
#72  April 25, 2008, 02:02:47 am
  • Veamos chicas!
    • El Salvador
You should release it as a SFF patch for evilken, i mean, it's not like if you did anything else than using homer sprites on him. :-\
It's not as easy, i fix a lot of collision box to fit the sprites, also the amount of them in some animations, change some explodes,change two win poses, add freeze an electrocuted animations, change his voice too. etc.
it would be to patch the air, cns, sff, snd, def files
that is nonsense.
 :-\
sorry princess, but i can't understand this "Do you have an idea of a release thread yet?"
need a translation.

No estaba muerto
#73  April 25, 2008, 02:05:21 am
i don't see the point of a patch as they're not practical at all (you need the original character and matching version and you have to make two copies and...). the end result is the same anyway
#74  April 25, 2008, 02:08:06 am
  • Nice Is Different From Good
    • www.freewebs.com/mommamugen/

sorry princess, but i can't understand this "Do you have an idea of a release thread yet?"
need a translation.

Whoops wrote it wrong..

Do you have a release date in mind?

Warner es demasiado agradable ser malo
#75  April 25, 2008, 02:21:59 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Ultimately it will be up to Warner. We won't pressure him here so you'll have to take this up with him elsewhere.

That also doesn't mean spamming his PM box with insults, he can report those as well. But do whatever it is you feel you need to do away from Guild.

Anyway, that was surprisingly handled pretty well. It's up to Warner at this point.

He is free to post his WIP and release here if he feels he should go through with it.

At this point lets post only if it's a "normal" wip response. Or perhaps if someone wants to assist warner in one of those more complicated patching methods that can patch many files.
#76  April 25, 2008, 02:26:54 am
  • SAWNIKBEWM
    • Netherlands
    • Skype - tjmthomas
    • www.reubenkee.com
I'm not going to pressure him at all, i'm just pointing out my decission as the person looking after Reu's work to the public. It's up to Warner wether he wants to disrespect that choice and Reu's work.
#77  April 25, 2008, 02:37:53 am
  • Veamos chicas!
    • El Salvador
To make this Char is not a disrespect to Reu's work, it's my way to honour his work.
a kind of homage to Reu's evil chars.
also i said a Parody like the simpson spirit itself.  :P

i want to release him May 1st.
but if i got support for everybody.   
No estaba muerto
#78  April 25, 2008, 02:43:02 am
  • SAWNIKBEWM
    • Netherlands
    • Skype - tjmthomas
    • www.reubenkee.com
To make this Char is not a disrespect to Reu's work, it's my way to honour his work.
a kind of homage to Reu's evil chars.
also i said a Parody like the simpson spirit itself.  :P

i want to release him May 1st.
but if i got support for everybody.   
Honoring someone who took his mugen work more serious than you think and died in an accident by making a JOKE character? Someone who died in an accident? JOKE character?

Well you don't have my support with this character.
But hey, if you feel the need to disregard things.... it wouldn't be the first time, remember that luigi?
#79  April 25, 2008, 02:47:35 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I went ahead and deleted the last 2 posts. I would like this to be taken up in PM.

When it's public it can get ugly, people jump in with their 2 cents, and it ends up looking like an attempt to be right.

This isn't a public discussion, turning it into something for everyone to see really disrespects IMO as Reu was never into that stuff.

I say this because of the touchy subject. We know what kind of posts will come from this "discussion" it already occured once. A few smarter posters like yourself and the way TMasta responded will post, a few smarter posters will give the opposite view, then we have the bandwagon jumpers that are only posting to defend Warner and their precious Evil Homer, or to insult and look cool in front of those against it.

All in all no respect will be shown and a silly bunch of hate will once again be spewed onto the internet over something that wasn't Reu's life. That's why I don't want THIS thread to be open to discussion
l
l
V
Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 03:00:34 am by Just No Point
It's pretty painful to read mindless drone praise, mind you.
#80  April 25, 2008, 02:48:59 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I don't see how it's some sort of homage or parody.

Sure Reu's code is open source, but I'm pretty sure he never meant it as "completely sprite swap my characters".
What a waste of good sprites, instead of ending up as a great, new, original character with different moves and such, it ends up being a lame carbon copy of the original with different sprites (hint, you can make a homage for Reu without resorting to plain "plagiarism")

Then again, lol morals and fuck people learning how to code, might as well end up with another ten or so Evil Ken sprite swaps, then again, in this sort of community everything goes, so *shrug*

This isn't a public discussion
It isn't?
I could swear this was a public (Mugen) forum where people can discuss and post their opinions on different subjects, sure, as long as they word their opinions correctly.