YesNoOk

(1/24/2016 DEMO UPDATE) WIP - Senri Project (Mugen 1.0 Original Game) (Read 54386 times)

Started by CRASHEM8000, December 18, 2014, 09:11:41 am
Share this topic:
(1/24/2016 DEMO UPDATE) WIP - Senri Project (Mugen 1.0 Original Game)
#1  December 18, 2014, 09:11:41 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
BIG OL' UPDATE!
Finally, a demo! This demo includes Lala and Kitty, as well as their respective stages, and two training stages (blue and green)! You guys are free to look at the debugging information in-game, but try not to fiddle around with the files, as they're set up to run with my other files. Also, Lala and Kitty don't quite play well with others, so if Ryu wants to try fighting them, he should probably sit out. :gouki:

Also, and I'm well aware, the title screen is a little messed up, and the songs' mixing is also messed up. These are gonna get fixed later on. Otherwise, if you guys find any hiccups in gameplay, please, don't hesitate to let me know!

Without further ado, you can find the first Senri Project alpha demo here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fyyrh9cba5wcfwa/Senri_Project_Demo.zip

Hi, everyone! So, getting right down to business:

Since March 2014, I've been working on my own MUGEN fullgame from scratch. It's untitled for now, so it'll be henceforth referred to as the Senri Project. Below, I'll post a few general questions/statements to get everyone up to speed with what my project is; under each of these, there will be a spoiler containing the answer/response. If anyone has any further questions, or if you guys just want to leave comments, be sure to at least read the spoilers first, then let them loose!

How did the Senri Project begin?

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

What's the story?

What're the features of this game?

Specific Gameplay Features

Current Playable Character Summaries

Here, I'll list any playable characters so far, with a small quip about each one, and their standing sprite, under the spoiler.

Screenshots!

Under the spoiler, you'll find a few screenshots of Lala demonstrating the (incomplete) look of the game! NOTE: With the new production computer, screenshots are now in the game's native resolution; I'll get more soon enough!

Videos

(NOTE: All of the videos so far have been compiled into a playlist on my YouTube that you can find HERE!)

For now, that's all I've got. As time goes on, I'll release info, videos, and characters, and tell you guys all about them. For any questions and comments, please, post! I appreciate feedback!
Have you tried "Season 2" Kitty yet?

http://mugenguild.com/forum/senri-project.421
Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 12:36:42 am by CRASHEM8000
Re: (12/20/2014 UPDATE) WIP - Senri Project (Mugen 1.0 Original Game)
#2  December 18, 2014, 11:48:35 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
First Character Post!

Starting today, I'm gonna simply post about the characters under here, starting with the main character and working my way down through any characters that're at least in working order.

That being said, let's begin!

Mari "Lala" Yoshida

Vital Info

Backstory

Palettes

Movelist

Win Quotes

Voice Acting Lines

Gameplay Synopsis

Lala is a character meant to be played flexibly. Having the highest Defense rating but the poorest Attack, she needs to land plenty of hits to cause significant damage, but she can afford to take a few risks. While she has a slow walk speed, she has a fairly quick run speed, and can create potent blockstrings due to her attacks chaining together well. Her movelist is fairly shallow, but each move has a variety of uses, and can be used in many interchangeable combos depending on the situation. Lastly, she has an added layer of depth by way of her Punk Kick attack, which attacks downed opponents.

Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 03:32:10 am by CRASHEM8000
#3  December 21, 2014, 12:48:40 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Next Character Post!

Time for the second character!

Katharine "Kitty" Akiyama

Vital Info

Backstory

Palettes

Movelist

Win Quotes

Voice Acting Lines

Gameplay Synopsis

Kitty is a character intended for full offense, with very high Attack but very poor Defense. While she has no moves with invincibility frames, she makes up for it with a double jump, long reach (especially with her kicks), and a very flexible air game. Kitty is usually most comfortable either in the air or at mid range, and has amazing pokes and setups. However, her moves, whether they be normal or special, have high recovery times, so she needs to try to stay as safe as possible to avoid taking big damage.

Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 09:08:17 am by CRASHEM8000
#4  December 28, 2014, 05:59:47 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
I'm surprised no one has replied to this yet.

I'm not a big fan of sprites in this style, but they look well done I must say. I like that you're trying to balance the characters and (obviously) trying to give it a real game feel. I can't wait to see more.

I'll be honest, I skimmed the story post and character backgrounds, so if i say anything that you mentioned already, I apologize.
-Will the cast be entirely composed of girls?
-Will the game have custom lifebars?
-How many stages do you plan to have in the game?
-What made you choose 1280x960 resolution? Personally I feel like the game would benefit from a smaller resolution (doesn't even need to be 640x480). Visually, it'd present the project better imo.
-Considering you've made backstorys for everyone, and have a general story with a level of mystery, how do you plan to show us progression with the story?
-Why Mugen instead of another engine?

Nitpicky stuff:
-That stage would benefit from a lighter sky or a gradient.
-Lala is supposed to be a girl but her big port makes her look like a guy. Intentional?
#5  December 28, 2014, 08:02:13 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Hey, I appreciate your reply, and I'm hoping others are on the way.

I'm not a big fan of sprites in this style, but they look well done I must say. I like that you're trying to balance the characters and (obviously) trying to give it a real game feel. I can't wait to see more.
Thanks for the compliment on the sprites; they've actually ended up this way so I can actually feasibly work on characters in a timely fashion. As for the balance and feel, I just think there's a lot of stuff out there (Mugen and commercial games alike) that just don't feel right, and there's too much tier talk. So I'm glad the idea of a fair game is exciting!

I'll be honest, I skimmed the story post and character backgrounds, so if i say anything that you mentioned already, I apologize.
-Will the cast be entirely composed of girls?
-Will the game have custom lifebars?
-How many stages do you plan to have in the game?
-What made you choose 1280x960 resolution? Personally I feel like the game would benefit from a smaller resolution (doesn't even need to be 640x480). Visually, it'd present the project better imo.
-Considering you've made backstorys for everyone, and have a general story with a level of mystery, how do you plan to show us progression with the story?
-Why Mugen instead of another engine?
So many good questions! Really good questions. I'll tackle them in order (with my answers in bold):
  • "Will the cast be entirely composed of girls?" No, but there will probably be more girls than there are guys. At least, that's how it is so far in planning.
  • "Will the game have custom lifebars?" Hopefully! I'd like to make absolutely everything custom if possible, but if it gets to be too much work, I might have to sacrifice some things (the lifebars being one).
  • "What made you choose 1280x960 resolution? Personally I feel like the game would benefit from a smaller resolution (doesn't even need to be 640x480). Visually, it'd present the project better imo." To be very, very honest, I only chose 1280x960 because the default screenpack only showed up on-screen properly that way (since they made it too huge). When I start to edit it, the resolution will more than likely change. But I definitely agree with your opinion.
  • "Considering you've made backstorys for everyone, and have a general story with a level of mystery, how do you plan to show us progression with the story?" Hopefully, I can figure out how to use Mugen Story Mode to help portray the story. Otherwise, I'll just try to rig together cutscenes (think Street Fighter Alpha 3). If all else fails, look out for supplementary material!
  • "Why Mugen instead of another engine?" Literally, and I do mean literally, I only picked Mugen because of Fighter Factory 3. Every other engine I've tried, either the editors were too complex for me, or the actual engine itself wouldn't run on my computers (or else I'd be trying EF-12, cause I own it).

Nitpicky stuff:
-That stage would benefit from a lighter sky or a gradient.
-Lala is supposed to be a girl but her big port makes her look like a guy. Intentional?
I'd almost be offended if you didn't nitpick! Criticism and observation are always welcomed.

• "That stage would benefit from a lighter sky or a gradient." Yeah, it definitely would. But I couldn't get the sky to look right when I was working on the stage (so I'll probably just ask the artist that made the background pieces to help me out there), so I just settled on that flat midnight blue. It'll most likely change as much as a Street Fighter 2 stage by the time the game is done!
  • "Lala is supposed to be a girl but her big port makes her look like a guy. Intentional?" Partially! The picture is actually rough; I'm gonna experiment with explods soon to try to make a fancy win screen with palette-changing portraits. Otherwise, I'd have put more detail into it (which would more likely than not make her look more feminine). Otherwise, it's just in her personality to look boyish most of the time.

That wraps it up! Thanks again for the reply, and definitely continue to check back, if you want! I'm gonna try to update as often as possible, and keep the questions coming!

Re: (1/3/2015 UPDATE) WIP - Senri Project (Mugen 1.0 Original Game)
#6  January 03, 2015, 10:59:13 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Next Character Post!

Happy New Year! Time for the third character!

Midori Yuki

Vital Info

Backstory

Palettes

Movelist

Win Quotes

Voice Acting Lines

Gameplay Synopsis

Midori, while being immensely fast and having equal Attack and Defense values, is highly execution-heavy, has almost no range, and requires a great deal of patience to use. Most of her attacks either have lengthy windups and short recovery, or very quick windups with lengthy recovery. Thus, it's always important for Midori to establish dominance through hitting the opponent fast and hard, and saving wound-up attacks for combos. Midori is also weak in the air, but she makes up for this with her powerful ground game and various head fakes. She can also utilize the similar appearances of her attacks and her ambiguous overhead to keep her opponents off-guard.

Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 04:02:52 am by CRASHEM8000
Re: (2/22/2015 UPDATE) WIP - Senri Project (Mugen 1.0 Original Game)
#7  February 22, 2015, 07:47:04 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Time for some stage updates! Lala's stage, after a suggestion earlier that you can read above, now has a new sky! I also added a building on the faaaaaaaar right! Check it out below the spoiler:

Now, all-new, is Kitty's stage! I'm still working out a kink or two with the parallax, but otherwise, the stage is done! Check it out below the spoiler:

As always, there will be more! I'll try to keep the updates closer together in the future; for now, be on the lookout!

Re: (3/3/2015 UPDATE) WIP - Senri Project (Mugen 1.0 Original Game)
#8  March 03, 2015, 08:22:00 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Happy 2,000th view! I added palette information! The palette appearances, as well as lists of the palette names are included in each character's post. I've also added a little reminder on the starter post!

#9  March 03, 2015, 10:50:22 pm
  • Learning The Ropes.
  • Back to Rise!
    • Mexico
    • fabiansolares3@gmail.com
The project looks good, i like how all the characters have a backstory and i would really like to hear how does the characters sound when they say any of their voice guidelines.
I really like NGP sprites and your's look good but  i think the hair of the characters in some of the palettes is too bright.

Sorry if i spelled something wrong
#10  March 04, 2015, 12:43:31 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Hey, thanks for the feedback! I appreciate the support.

As for the hair... Not entirely sure what to do about that; just wanted to mix it up.

Again, thanks! Keep checking back! And your spelling is just fine.

Re: (3/17/2015 UPDATE) WIP - Senri Project (Mugen 1.0 Original Game)
#11  March 17, 2015, 08:24:12 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Added a new mechanic! Called Fukushu, or "Revenge," it helps you get out of a jam while blocking!

Literally just an Alpha/Zero Counter from Street Fighter, Fukushu takes one bar from your super meter to perform, and can only be performed while blocking. However, unlike Street Fighter, you cannot perform Fukushu while blocking a super move. When blocking, input B, DB, D+EX during blockstun. That's it!

#12  March 18, 2015, 07:20:46 pm
  • Learning The Ropes.
  • Back to Rise!
    • Mexico
    • fabiansolares3@gmail.com
Oh, some advanced stuff
i would like to see how does that look in game.
#13  March 19, 2015, 12:03:43 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Oh, some advanced stuff
i would like to see how does that look in game.

Actually I'm gonna try to get that accomplished tomorrow! I'm headed out to playtest and bug check, and there should be videos happening tomorrow, as well! Thanks for checking back!

#14  March 19, 2015, 07:40:34 am
  • The Man Without The Plan
    • USA
looking good. can't wait for a demo.
#15  March 19, 2015, 08:02:00 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
looking good. can't wait for a demo.

Thanks! I'm trying to get all that ready. It's been taking longer than expected, unfortunately. =/
But, like I said earlier, at least expect videos soon; I'm gonna try to take some during bug testing today.

Re: (4/2/2015 UPDATE) WIP - Senri Project (Mugen 1.0 Original Game)
#16  April 02, 2015, 07:56:48 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Happy 3,000 Views! Have some music, as a reward for keeping up with this project:

The CRASHEM8000 SoundCloud!

Sorry I couldn't embed it here, but that would be impossible. So, you'll all have to flip over to SoundCloud to check it out. There's 3 samples right now, but more could be on the way!

Thanks again for 3,000 views!

#17  April 03, 2015, 02:28:15 am
    • USA
    • scalkins8993@gmail.com
It looks interesting, definitely going to give this game a shot when it comes out, not really a fan of the sprites but I can tell you are putting a lot of effort into this project, so I'm not going to complain about the art style, It'll probably grow on me
#18  April 03, 2015, 03:14:10 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
It looks interesting, definitely going to give this game a shot when it comes out, not really a fan of the sprites but I can tell you are putting a lot of effort into this project, so I'm not going to complain about the art style, It'll probably grow on me

Well, thank you for the enthusiasm! Hopefully the style does grow on you. I'm glad to know the effort shows, though!

#19  April 20, 2015, 04:31:55 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
In response to the approaching 4000th view, I've done a little bit of drawing. I'm on a bit of a break from coding and whatnot right now while I help my dad with some things.

The drawing I've been working on is a spread of all 12 of Lala's palettes (hit up the spoiler to see)! Each palette-swapped Lala is next to her respective sprite, which are all blown-up 1000% so they're able to be seen.

Thanks for being patient with all the updates, everyone. I'll see you all after I'm done this break!

Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 04:35:07 am by CRASHEM8000
Re: (7/7/2015 UPDATE) WIP - Senri Project (Mugen 1.0 Original Game)
#20  July 07, 2015, 07:23:05 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Sorry for the long, long break! Senri Project is back!

I've been taking a pretty lengthy vacation from the game due to personal reasons, but I'm back into it now, with renewed vigor, and the team is back together, working on a new character!
This new character (mentioned in the first post) will be the game's first charge character, as well as the game's first projectile character! Who is this mysterious fighter???

When I'm able to post details, I will! Thanks for everyone's continued support; hopefully, there won't be many more breaks that long!

#21  July 07, 2015, 07:33:47 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Holy jeez how did I miss this? The drawing you made for that character looks great, can't wait to see what you have in store! :D
This is a generic forum signature.
#22  July 09, 2015, 03:53:43 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Holy jeez how did I miss this? The drawing you made for that character looks great, can't wait to see what you have in store! :D

Unobservant! Heheh, thank you, though! At least you're aware of it now; hopefully you're in for the long haul!

#23  July 10, 2015, 02:57:46 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Oh, wow! I love to see original projects like this! I admire your drive. The art style was a smart choice, as it's much easier to pump out animations for these pocket characters. I will be following this for sure. Keep it up!!
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#24  July 10, 2015, 05:00:09 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Oh, wow! I love to see original projects like this! I admire your drive. The art style was a smart choice, as it's much easier to pump out animations for these pocket characters. I will be following this for sure. Keep it up!!

Ah, thank you! I appreciate the compliments (and the observation skills on the style choice)! I'll definitely keep it up!

Re: (8/19/2015 UPDATE) WIP - Senri Project (Mugen 1.0 Original Game)
#25  August 19, 2015, 08:46:50 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Wow! 9000-something views!

To thank all of you for looking this over so many times, and for being so patient, here's the next palette spread! This time, it's Kitty and her 12 palettes. Thank you guys again, and look for it in the spoiler!

#26  August 19, 2015, 09:50:22 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Numbers 8 and 11 are my favorite so far, because they  do a good job at giving a nod to Sakura Kasaguno and Athena Asamiya (Pink hair, blak outfit, eh, eh? :P)

Good job, can't wait to see more
This is a generic forum signature.
#27  August 19, 2015, 10:51:40 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Numbers 8 and 11 are my favorite so far, because they  do a good job at giving a nod to Sakura Kasaguno and Athena Asamiya (Pink hair, blak outfit, eh, eh? :P)

Good job, can't wait to see more

Ooh, #11 actually isn't Athena (cause I didn't even think to do that one)! Good guess on Sakura, though. The answers are actually all in the character post, though, hahaha.

(9/24/2015 UPDATE) WIP - Senri Project (Mugen 1.0 Original Game)
#28  September 24, 2015, 08:15:54 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
FINALLY, I have match videos for you guys to watch! Thank you all for your patience and support!
This is very much an alpha build, and a lot of things have changed since these were recorded (although the Street Fighter/Smash Bros. voices/SFX remain for now)! However, this is only one version behind current, so you guys aren't losing out on several revisions or anything.
When I get more footage, I'll share it!

In the meantime, check the videos out inside the spoiler! (NOTE: They're all compiled into a playlist on my YouTube that you can find HERE!)

Re: (9/24/2015 UPDATE) WIP - Senri Project (Mugen 1.0 Original Game)
#29  September 24, 2015, 07:44:04 pm
Never posted here, but let me tell you I'm following this project since it started.
Usually I post in this forum with some feedback, so here we go.

Keep in mind that most of these are my opinions.

CRITIQUE

GAMEPLAY

The gameplay feels basic, but by no means bad.
However I expect some sort of new ability outside the power bar in the future, like a special property given exclusively to each character: it could be a burst for someone, speeding up the attacks for another, etc.; that could be activated only once per round.
Some interactivity for the characters while fighting would be nice (it's something I would add for my full-game): they could say some lines during the fight, such as: "You're not bad!" when you get hit by a supermove and get up from it, or stuff like that.

But hey, just some thoughts.

That 109 rush is weird though...

GRAPHICS
I enjoy the sprites quite a lot and they're also well animated. I don't know if it's just me, but I would like to see more frames in the animations.

One thing I noticed in the second video of the playlist is that the building and tree's shading is wrong because the sun is "behind" the school, so it should be all dark while the leaves should be coloured differently, but everything wouldn't look as lively...
Anyway, I think that's still a placeholder, so I don't mind (for the moment :gouki:).

SOUND
I know the hitsounds, announcer and the voices are all placeholders so I won't mind them.
I would take the KO echo effect out.

The musics are quite catchy, they fit for the stages and for the battles. :)

Re: (9/24/2015 UPDATE) WIP - Senri Project (Mugen 1.0 Original Game)
#30  September 24, 2015, 11:17:15 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Never posted here, but let me tell you I'm following this project since it started.
Usually I post in this forum with some feedback, so here we go.

Keep in mind that most of these are my opinions.

CRITIQUE

GAMEPLAY

The gameplay feels basic, but by no means bad.
However I expect some sort of new ability outside the power bar in the future, like a special property given exclusively to each character: it could be a burst for someone, speeding up the attacks for another, etc.; that could be activated only once per round.
Some interactivity for the characters while fighting would be nice (it's something I would add for my full-game): they could say some lines during the fight, such as: "You're not bad!" when you get hit by a supermove and get up from it, or stuff like that.

But hey, just some thoughts.

That 109 rush is weird though...

GRAPHICS
I enjoy the sprites quite a lot and they're also well animated. I don't know if it's just me, but I would like to see more frames in the animations.

One thing I noticed in the second video of the playlist is that the building and tree's shading is wrong because the sun is "behind" the school, so it should be all dark while the leaves should be coloured differently, but everything wouldn't look as lively...
Anyway, I think that's still a placeholder, so I don't mind (for the moment :gouki:).

SOUND
I know the hitsounds, announcer and the voices are all placeholders so I won't mind them.
I would take the KO echo effect out.

The musics are quite catchy, they fit for the stages and for the battles. :)

Thank you very, very much! I always appreciate a good, honest critique, and I also appreciate that you really paid attention to what you were watching! Let's get down to business:

The gameplay is fairly basic, and it's on purpose. Fighting games, in my opinion, have just gotten TOO complicated these days. I wanted to take it back to the early 90s, in terms of gameplay options/depth. That being said, however, the possibility of more character-specific actions isn't off the table! I just need to get the rest of the characters out before I can decide what to give them (although, I have things noted down on who gets what, in case it's all implemented). For now, though, the character-specific actions are as follows:
  • Kitty can double-jump, which I'm sure is shown-off in the videos
  • Lala has her down attack, which functions as a sort-of reset
  • Midori has a combo reset/counter move, which isn't in the video, but will be unique to her

As for character interaction, I would like it, but it's not necessary. It entirely depends on what the voice acting ends up like. But it's definitely a good idea, and calls back to Street Fighter 4.

Kitty's 100-hit Level 3 is actually an in-joke. This entire project started because I asked, "Why does Sagat's Tiger Blow do so many hits?!" So, I hopped on Fighter Factory and made a Sagat with a Tiger Blow that did as many hits as I could possibly get it to. Then I thought, "Ranbu moves are ridiculous. There's no reason they should do all that combo stuff!" The rest is history, as you can see!

Thanks for the compliment on the sprites! I do need to tweak some animations and add some frames, but overall, I'm glad with the way the look of the characters is going, and I'm glad you are, too. As for the background in question, I've actually changed it a lot since that revision! The sun keeps moving around in the sky, and will probably move away from the building a bit before the stage is considered "complete." I actually need to get in touch with the background artist soon about getting some more stages together... But I've done a lot of little 'tricks' to make the backgrounds alive without being distracting or overpopulated. I'll keep working at them, though!

Sound... I may actually try to keep the SFA hit sounds (albeit with some editing, as they just make too much sound on the right speaker, and are too loud). I'm unsure as of now. As for the voices, yes, they're definitely placeholders until I get some voice actors on board! I haven't looked yet, since the game is still very early. But I want them.
Thank you for the compliment about the music! That part means the most to me. I've worked very hard on it all, and already have maybe 90% of the soundtrack finished and ready to go. I actually don't have very much formal musical training, so I've been going off of sheer intuition alone, haha. As each character is a creation of mine, I can lovingly give them songs fitting to their stages and personalities. I hope you continue to enjoy the soundtrack!

In closing, let me just say once again, thank you for the critique, very much. I'm very happy that you've been following this, and I hope to hear from you more, moving forward. And, as for everyone else, same to all of you! I hope to hear from you guys and get your opinions on this project of mine (as, needless to say, it's pretty hard, but satisfying, work)! Here's to progress!

Re: (12/13/2015 UPDATE) WIP - Senri Project (Mugen 1.0 Original Game)
#31  December 13, 2015, 07:02:50 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Whoa, I really need to keep up on this forum more often! But, I've actually started work again (on just ONE computer this time, instead of several), and things are going well, so far!

So, to bring everyone up to speed, there's a new stage (Senri Private School at night), and soon to be a new character!

Why, yes, I DID say 'new character!' But who is this (as of now) mysterious addition?

As you all can see, this new character has a little friend, and isn't afraid to utilize it in battle.
The new character is male, and so is his friend there. He's also a charge character, and has the first projectile move!

As more details surface on this addition to the cast, I'll keep you all up to date. In the meantime, here's a screenshot of the new stage!

Dunno if you all noticed, but I also spruced-up the HUD a bit (color changes and the like)! Anyway, keep up with me as I keep plodding along. Thanks for the continuing support!

#32  December 17, 2015, 05:30:05 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Just dropped in to say I love the concept, the sprites, the dedication. Most of all I love the simplicity. I agree that games today have gotten too complicated and this is pretty refreshing. I'm eager for a beta! So great work thus far.

Sorry if this has been answered anywhere. I don't have the time to read everything :P
Question: Will there be boss characters? Or even bigger characters to act as a boss? Probably with some sort of super armor?
Question 2: Are these sprites custom? And if so can we expect to see cameo appearances of bigger name characters?
Question 3: Is there anything you'd need from us, the community to help out? Ideas? Coding help? I not saying I'd be the guy for you necessarily, but someone might be able to. Just thought I'd ask!

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#33  December 17, 2015, 09:47:41 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Just dropped in to say I love the concept, the sprites, the dedication. Most of all I love the simplicity. I agree that games today have gotten too complicated and this is pretty refreshing. I'm eager for a beta! So great work thus far.

Sorry if this has been answered anywhere. I don't have the time to read everything :P
Question: Will there be boss characters? Or even bigger characters to act as a boss? Probably with some sort of super armor?
Question 2: Are these sprites custom? And if so can we expect to see cameo appearances of bigger name characters?
Question 3: Is there anything you'd need from us, the community to help out? Ideas? Coding help? I not saying I'd be the guy for you necessarily, but someone might be able to. Just thought I'd ask!

Hey, thanks! I appreciate the kind words, and I'm glad you agree with the simplicity concept. I mean, just look at Street Fighter 2, hahaha.

So, as for your questions:
  • I'm planning on having at least one boss, but I'm not gonna be upset if I can't handle it for now. There won't be any concrete details on any of that for a good while, though.
  • The sprites are all original! They're all my own original characters and done by hand myself. That being said, there's gonna be plenty of homages and references to bigger-name characters, but more likely than not, none will actually show up in-game (although, I have to say, Ryu makes a great system tester :gouki:).
  • Hmm.... Community help, eh? It's true; I'd definitely love some help, but it'd probably be for auxiliary things (like that sweet training mode from Hyper DBZ ;D), but one thing I'd DEFINITELY appreciate some help with is the ability to have a post-match screen with explods and stuff instead of the built-in one; as long as it's built for 640x480 and is customizable, it would work! Thanks for bringing it up, though; that in and of itself is community help! I appreciate all of it.

Re: (1/5/2016 UPDATE) WIP - Senri Project (Mugen 1.0 Original Game)
#34  January 06, 2016, 12:54:30 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Happy 2016, everybody!

Since the turn of the new year, I've been hard at work (surprise, surprise) balancing my game and getting it ready for its first public alpha release!
That being said, I'm ready to introduce a new character in-progress (and it's another girl, what a shock)! I'll include her profile and everything in this post, so get ready!

Meet Serina (inside the spoiler)!

Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:42:23 am by CRASHEM8000
Re: (1/23/2015 UPDATE) WIP - Senri Project (Mugen 1.0 Original Game)
#35  January 24, 2016, 04:45:26 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
I'm snowed in! So, I decided to put my head down and get some work done. On here, I moved Rini's profile page just to make it easier to read (for me ;D). It has some updates, so be sure to look into it!

Serina "Rini" Kiryu

Vital Info

Backstory

Palettes

Movelist

Win Quotes

Voice Acting Lines

Gameplay Synopsis

Since she's not finished, it wouldn't be right to put a synopsis of gameplay. Check back later!

Re: (1/24/2015 DEMO UPDATE) WIP - Senri Project (Mugen 1.0 Original Game)
#36  January 25, 2016, 12:41:06 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA