YesNoOk

The best and the most dissapointing fighting games on current platforms (Read 2625 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 02, 2011, 11:58:57 am
Share this topic:
The best and the most dissapointing fighting games on current platforms
#1  June 02, 2011, 11:58:57 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Which are they in your opinion, and why?

As Current Platforms count

Nintendo Wii
Playstation 3
XBox 360
PC (releases in the last 4 years)

Handhelds
DS
3DS
PSP
Re: The best and the most dissapointing fighting games on current platforms
#2  June 03, 2011, 06:40:17 am
tatsunoko was good for wii
mvc3 was dissapointing for ps3/360. they could've done a better job. It felt like it was missing something and/or it was unfinished.

GOH

#3  June 03, 2011, 11:19:24 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection is the best on PSP.
#4  June 03, 2011, 11:23:36 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#5  June 03, 2011, 11:30:42 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 as a disappointment, simply because it was hyped up too much, and the game itself was very lacking in terms of content outside of online.

Mortal Kombat as a disappointment, because it was exactly the opposite. Great single player content, but the multiplayer is awful and it's way too different(in a bad way) from the fighting games I'm used to (no hit confirming, dial-a-combo, block button, wake up moves are too fucking good, hate using the d-pad because the analog is too wonky for special commands, and too much emphasis and development time spent on fatalities when the roster is grossly imbalanced and there's too many combos that aren't worth using). Also the training mode is ass compared to the other heavy hitters. I went into this game hating the entire franchise, and all the trailers and gameplay footage made me want to like it really bad, but I just couldn't do it. I guess if you compare it to previous iterations, it's not really considered a disappointment, but barring those from the equation (good fighters should be able to stand on their own), I think it qualifies as one.

Best fighters, obv SSF4, because it's just a solid experience all around. Great roster, gameplay that requires thought, decent arcade mode, bonus stages, challenges. It's a pretty decent single player experience, and the online community/community on either console is robust and diverse.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:40:32 am by TempesT

GOH

#6  June 03, 2011, 11:32:19 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
It was an awesome port, indeed. But how it comes you prefer it over Tekken 6 on PSP?
Because the T6 port got a lot of stuff removed due to graphical limitations. And the story mode sucks. You fight 3 characters, Azazel and that's it. There's no cutscenes or anything. Also T5:DR had that rank system where you could upload your rank status.
#7  June 03, 2011, 04:55:55 pm
  • Die you son of a bitch
Honestly im not guna say mk was dissapointing. I was not dissapointed. It was different from current fighters but its nice to have something different. Single player had a lot to offer, and though online can be rather laggy at times that doesnt completely ruin a game. The combat system was nice and combined practically all the good parts of all the mk games, And xrays were a neat addition. It was a hell of a lot better than the post mk4 games so i cant call it a dissapointment. And the game really isnt that terribly unbalanced. Sure some characters have more perks but you can easily win against others with a large portion of the roster. Shang tsung is considered the best character in the game  but theres alot of characters who could easily defeat him. Its a good fighting game and as a one whos played all the mk games its not a dissapointment. I havnt had a good tine with mk since umk3
#8  June 03, 2011, 06:00:32 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#9  June 03, 2011, 09:18:06 pm
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 as a disappointment, simply because it was hyped up too much, and the game itself was very lacking in terms of content outside of online.

Best fighters, obv SSF4, because it's just a solid experience all around. Great roster, gameplay that requires thought, decent arcade mode, bonus stages, challenges. It's a pretty decent single player experience, and the online community/community on either console is robust and diverse.
So true.
#10  June 04, 2011, 02:39:37 am
Wii - Tatsunoko vs Capcom, is hands down the best fighter on the wii. The contols are tight and system is easy to use but hard to master. Recommend using a classic controller.  Also recommend Samurai Shodown anthology for Wii or PS2, stay away from psp version though.

PS3 - Super Street Fighter 4 is probably the most all around great for me followed by Tekken 6.
      - KOF XII , ugh i really really wanted to like this game since i grew-up more on snk stuff, but this is one of the biggest dissappointments i've had with a game in a long time time....that and MvC3.....
Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 02:43:54 am by Shaggy

Cap

#11  June 04, 2011, 02:51:53 am
  • Get your hands off of me, you damn dirty ape!
    • USA
SSFIV is one of the best on PS3/360, even if I don't consider the multiplayer diverse. It's just a bunch of Ryu and Ken players, and that kills the fun fast. All around good singeplayer experience, and multiplayer experience besides the lack of originality in character choices.

I stick by Mortal Kombat not being a disappointment, but it had a lot of hype to live up to, as well. The multiplayer needs work, seeing as it's still a lag fest, but the Story and Challenge Tower is more than enough to keep a person busy. If anything, the one thing MK did better than SSFIV was challenges.
#12  June 04, 2011, 02:59:45 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
ps3 has tekken 6, largely the reason why i still keep a ps3

then it had mvc3 and lol

pc has akatsuki blitzkampf which is one of my favorite fighters of all time

DMK

#13  June 04, 2011, 10:41:31 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
#14  June 04, 2011, 10:43:06 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Oh, and 2 button ultras lol
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#15  June 04, 2011, 10:55:34 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#16  June 04, 2011, 10:57:57 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Wonders me nobody mentioned the 3D Samurai Shodown for XB360 as a dissapointment yet
#17  June 04, 2011, 05:56:48 pm
  • Die you son of a bitch
#18  June 04, 2011, 06:41:35 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
How many threads like this do we have already?
#19  June 04, 2011, 06:49:07 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#20  June 04, 2011, 08:14:08 pm
  • Fuck You.
mortal kombat for many of the reasons mentioned above and for the uninspired outfits and accessories (a genuine complaint for an artist and designer aka moi)

examples: see this guy? give him some random gold armbands and some gauntlets. this guy a ninja? give him a loin cloth for no reason(i get that the loincloth is a series staple but its a fucking stupid series staple and makes no sense thanks) some gold armbands and some gauntlets.

this guy a monk? idk give him gold fucking armbands(kung lao of course, where they coulda just taken his da default, painted it black, his pants blue and called it a day, then again he has a fucking slicey hat so this is a stretch, oh and liu, his mk4 outfit was simple and cool)

i really wish they wouldve chose better designs for everybody and with the mixture of fantasy n modern world shit they got going on, leaning more torwards modern with some mk2 and mk3 and fucking johnny cage, they coulda did better with the designs

oh and im not a big fan of the gameplay
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/