Crow (DEAD) (Read 9426 times)

Started by ViBeZ, January 23, 2013, 02:49:59 am
Share this topic:
Crow (DEAD)
New #1  January 23, 2013, 02:49:59 am
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
Hello Everybody I'm Dncelestinx96 a Portrait Maker (And Soon A Character Creator) Today I present to You A Six Button Layout Character and Custom Of Course, Crow. He will have All The Things Listed Below I hope You Like Feel Free To Give Me Suggestions, Feedback And CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism Hope it Match Your Taste for Characters So Here is What I have Planned for Him

Spoiler: Progress Of Crow (click to see content)
Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 02:33:12 am by Celest•
Re: Crow
#2  January 23, 2013, 02:53:31 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Oh, giving feedback for this char is going to be a ton of fun... :twisted: Nice to know you're creating, Celest.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#3  January 23, 2013, 02:59:54 am
    • USA
U can Thank Basara-Kun for Inspiration
#4  January 23, 2013, 03:07:06 am
    • USA
What game is Crow from?
#5  January 23, 2013, 03:08:30 am
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
Just wondering, what's with the "if not enough source sprites" part?

You should go through the sprites ahead of time and mark which you're going to use for what. It streamlines the sff and air compiling process because you have all your resources checked.
#6  January 23, 2013, 03:09:09 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
#7  January 24, 2013, 12:22:49 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Good to see you trying to contribute. :)

I agree with Bannana : your workflow is not efficient.
Skim through all his sprites and animations, and choose what can go where before you start planning too many stuff. Your layout is strange but pretty interesting and could do good things depending on how you implement them. But first : make sure the sprites you need exist, as you're probably not going to edit them.

Good luck.
#8  January 24, 2013, 12:28:22 am
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Umm, I'll give my feed back when there is actually work to be seen. Right now there is nothing here for me to talk about being that "what game did Crow come from". Almost thought this was your own character :D
#9  January 24, 2013, 06:15:18 am
    • USA
Time for Them Collisions for A, B and C Tommorow when I'm Home
Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 06:20:30 am by Dncelestinx96
#10  January 24, 2013, 06:24:02 am
  • tired
For the CLSN, you might want to check out this tutorial. It'll help your boxes be a lot cleaner.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#11  January 24, 2013, 06:44:29 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Also, take your time dude.
#12  January 24, 2013, 06:45:29 am
  • tired
If something needs fixing, it's best to fix it. There's no deadline or reason to release a half-complete character. Time is of the essence, and there's plenty to spare.
#13  January 24, 2013, 01:00:13 pm
    • USA
For the CLSN, you might want to check out this tutorial. It'll help your boxes be a lot cleaner.

I Was Searching For Frame Data But thats Cool Too Really Needed This

If something needs fixing, it's best to fix it. There's no deadline or reason to release a half-complete character. Time is of the essence, and there's plenty to spare.

I just wanna finish this character with Ease so I can go onto my Next Character
#14  January 24, 2013, 09:41:55 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ

I just wanna finish this character with Ease so I can go onto my Next Character
Sorry, but that's not the way to do it.
If you do a character, put real effort on this.
Then, send to someone like CAN a private alpha for debug testing.
At the beginning, it can be hard, but never give up, and you will eventually success.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#15  January 24, 2013, 09:57:19 pm
  • tired
I'm perfectly willing to test this char once you get the basics and specials in. I can help you polish the character from there. You're taking a step that I don't intend to for quite a while and I'm happy you're doing so.
#16  January 24, 2013, 10:05:06 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
U can Thank Basara-Kun for Inspiration
No problem man ;) I'm glad you made the thread finally and there you can show your progress.

Apart of what they already said, I got you a recommendation for you: First of all, make all MUGEN basics first (movement, block, gethit, etc) and then start with punches/kicks, specials, supers and so. A lot of n00b creators should start with specials and supers and leave basics undone. Make priority to basics, it's th base of all you'll make in a character.

Good luck with this, I like Crow and I hope you can get a good job on it ;) and as CAN, I offer to test this char before were released to help you with the stuff should be needed n_n

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#17  January 24, 2013, 10:47:44 pm
    • USA
Well I got 4 Testers (My choice)

Cruz-Ko Excahm
Basara-Kun
Mugen Bro aka CAN
Cybaster
#18  January 24, 2013, 10:48:39 pm
  • tired
Hm, some nice choices there. I won't delay you any further in your progress. Have at it!
#19  January 26, 2013, 08:59:48 am
    • USA
Hey Guys added Another Screenshot but with collisions tell me what you guys think
#20  January 26, 2013, 09:01:28 am
  • tired
Hm, next time make sure the screenshots have full-blown collision boxes (press ctrl+c twice), not just the outlines. Also, I don't see any blue CLSN on the punch. It's nicely proportioned outside of that, however.