YesNoOk

Attempting a Standard  (Read 22192 times)

Started by Mercykiller, March 15, 2004, 11:17:40 pm
Share this topic:

Mercykiller

Attempting a Standard
#1  March 15, 2004, 11:17:40 pm
  • 5130,5131 - Collapse
    5130 (falling to knees)
    5131 (on knees and falling to ground)

Also called Cheese Kill (Blocking an attack and dying from the chip damage), but certain mugen characters also trigger this animation (Notable examples include BBH's Baby Bonnie Hood and Orochi Herman's Shadow DIO). There is no fixed time on either animation, nor a sprite requirement, other than previously stated.
    Examples: Guard an attack in SvC Chaos, CvS, KoF, or a few other game series, and die from chipping damage. This is also called a 'Cheap Finish' in some games.
    Special Notes:
    1) SvC Chaos characters have the fighter fall forwards, instead of backwards...but rise from the ground facting upwards. With this in mind, it'd be best to use 5950 for the Cheese Kill anim (See index number 5950) for the character. Even if you do this, anims 5130 and 5131 can still be used as special hits, granted you can supply the appropriate sprites. (CvS Pro on the PS1 may be a good source for these). Disregard this if you've added in the respective anims to take the different lie down position into account.

• 5250,5251 - Vertical spinning  
    5250 (going upwards)
    5251 (going downwards)

When hit by certain attacks, the character flies through the air, spinning. Several mugen creations use these as special hits. If fact, 5251 can use the same sprites and amin timing as 5250, just with all the sprites flipped vertically. Very common.
    Standard setup:
    Requires collision boxes.
    (Timing is 2 ticks per frame)
    0: Facing left (opposite dirrection you'll commonly see the character face)
    1: Facing midway between left and towards the screen
    2: Facing midway between right and towards the screen (mirror of 1)
    3: Facing right (mirror of 0)
    4: Facing midway between right and away from the screen
    5: Facing midway between left and away from the screen (mirror of 4)
    Example: Saotome Cyclone from MvC
    Exactly the same and 5251, only V flag is applied to all

• 5301 - 'Birdies'
    When hit by some of Hsien-Ko's weapons and knocked out, a trio of little chibi like sprites of the character encircles himself/herself.
    Example: Some of Hsien-Ko's (aka Lei-Lei's) hits cause this to appear.

• 5330 - Super Slash Collapsing
    Found in SS (apparently...going from Roque's Nakoruru here). Very much like 5130 and 5131 rolled into one continuous animation.

• 5910,5911 - Guard Crash (Split)
    5910 (Guard has been crashed)
    5911 (recovering)

If a character blocks too many attacks in a short period of time, the will be guard crashed, during which they'll stop blocking and be stunned, and very open to attack. Actually used more for special hits, the last anim sprite of the guard crash itself (before the recovery phase) has a time of -1. These two are really used primarily in special hits.
    Example: CvS, SvC, other games.

• 5912 - Guard Crash
    5910 and 5911 in one continuous animation...for all intents and purposes, this is more than likely the anim you'll use for the character's guard crushing, setting up 5910 and 5911 for special hits.
    Example: CvS, SvC, other games.

• 5915 - Guard Crash
    Just an alternate for 5912

• 5920 - Guard Crash - Crouching
    Same purpose as 5912/5915, but specifically for when crouching. Also used after the character has been guard crashed in the air and lands.

• 5930 - Guard Crash - Air
    Same purpose as 5912/5915, but specifically for when in the air.

• 5940 - Tech Hit
    Tech hitting out of throws, basically. The character preforms a move to push away the opponent, and break out of a throw. No set length to time or sprite requirements.
    Example: SF III

• 5945 - Throw has been Teched out of
    Opponent Tech Hits out of the character's throw attempt. Character  is pushed back a little, and slightly open for attack from the opponent. No set length to time or sprite requirements.
    Example: SF III?

• 5950 - Collapse
    Basically the same anim as the other collapse anim, only with 5130 and 5131 combined. Used by some japanese creators, and useful if the Cheese Kill/Collapse anim has the character falling forward when they usually fall backwards on dying, so as to avoid complications with most chars that use an in-fight collapse anim special hit.

• 5960 - Red Arremer Transformation
    After losing to Red Aremmer, the character is transformed into a monster of sorts (usually). No set timing or sprite requirements.
    Example: SvC Chaos secret boss

• 5965 - Athena Transformation
    After losing to (SvC) Athena, the character is transformed into an animal of sorts (usually). No set timing or sprite requirements.
    Example: SvC Chaos secret boss

• 7008 - Spinning Horizontally Upwards
    The character is throwing horizontally into the air, spinning as they do so. The animation is set up as follows:
    0: Facing straight flat-out to the right. (90 degree angle if you reffer to straight facing up as 0 degrees, and go clockwise)
    1: Facing 135 degrees
    2: Facing 315 degrees

The center should be about center for the sprite itself, so that it appears to spin fluidly.

The AIR entry is also as follows:
    7008, 0, 0, 0, 2
    Loopstart
    7008, 1, 0, 0, 3
    7008, 1, 0, 0, 3, H
    7008, 0, 0, 0, 3, H
    7008, 2, 0, 0, 3
    7008, 2, 0, 0, 3, H
    7008, 0, 0, 0, 3

Examples: Anakaris' Gate to Hell attack.

• 7694 - Seppuku  
    The art of japanese ritualistic suicide with a sword, katana, or other weapon. Bishamon has an attack in NW and VS that will force the player to pull out a sword, then impale themselves with it. Found in BBH's Jedah and Baby Bonnie Hood. Overall time of anim cannot exceed 109 ticks.
    Examples: Bishamon's Hane Ha attack.

• 7695 - Massive Bee Stings  
    The aftermath of being swarmed and stung by bees or other such similar insects. Q-Bee has an attack that causes this effect. Found in BBH's Jedah and Baby Bonie Hood, as well Hsieh's Morrigan. Usually one frame.
    Example: Q-Bee's +B attack
Continued...
Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 07:00:23 pm by Kung Fu Man
Re:Attempting a Standard
#2  March 25, 2004, 04:26:47 pm
There's a mistake with:

9010 - Electrocution - Axis at Feet
Exactly the same as 7696, but with one major difference: the first sprite must be numbered 9010,0, and the second 9010,10...this is because they're commonly used with ChangeAnim2.:(
The 2nd sprite is 9010,1 and not 9010,10, most of the time.
The only exception to this is Victor by Tin, IINM.
Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 02:32:42 am by [Banned Member]
#3  March 26, 2004, 02:26:05 am
Actually, you're wrong amigo: all the creators that do use this as a standard use 9010,10 for the second sprite...this includes H and Mouser.;)
Actually, you're wrong. Check Adamskie's characters for example.
Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 02:34:36 am by [Banned Member]
#4  March 26, 2004, 02:35:31 am
Actually MMR's and many others developers' characters are like that. :yes: :P
#5  March 26, 2004, 04:49:22 am
Exactly the same as 7696, but with one major difference: the first sprite must be numbered 9010,0, and the second 9010,1...this is because they're commonly used with ChangeAnim2.:( Also, you should have a duplicate of 9010 in your SFF as 9010,10, for the ChangeAnim2 reason.;)

Think that'll cover both bases?
I didn't know they were commonly used with ChangeAnim2 (unless for Victor); when I code such anim, I always tend to use ChangeAnim when p2 is in a custom state to prevent such errors.
But yes, that will cover both cases. :)
#6  March 27, 2004, 04:24:26 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Erm, I've never seen this one before, but what the heck: how about setting a standard for Anakaris' attack when he turns his enemies into their comical shape, and can only jump around? Or the Anim after Q-Bee's attack that leaves the enemy full of bee stings?
And one that would definetly make it easier for fatalities... how about body part standards?

Just some random thought.  ;D
Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 04:32:25 pm by Lasombra Demon
#7  March 27, 2004, 11:17:07 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Well, then, how about setting a standard for Samurai Shodown chars to lose their weapons? That was one of the coolest things in the game, a quite unique one that got missing when the chars were made.  :(

A new "unnameable" char has got it, though...  ;)
#8  March 28, 2004, 03:01:40 am
#9  March 28, 2004, 03:11:00 am
Yeah, so now I'm sure it's really a request.
Thanks for the explanations. ;)
#10  March 28, 2004, 03:23:48 am
I'll police my own thread, alright?
That's not right if you break the rules by doing so.

If someone mentions something that will help it, I'll ask what it is, and if they know how to get it.
IMO it would have been better to do this by PM (since anyway Lasombra is supposed to send a PM to you). But do as you want, it's your thread, after all.

Chill out.
I'm cold as ice, pal. Now, you: chill out.
Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 03:27:36 am by Elecbyte
#11  March 28, 2004, 09:29:34 pm
  • P.S.S. = Psycho Soldier Syndrome
Spinning through air isn't 5052?

what about Blue Mary's
B(hold), F, k + D, F, k (3 sprites) "grab leg"
D, F, p + D, F, p (3 sprites) "grab arm"

The anim for Wire Damage (2 sprites)

Leona's
F(hold) / B(hold) + lk (1 sprite) I don't remember if this one is shared with another char
W.I.P. 5+% - Pallete extravaganza Stopped!
-----5101-5020-5030-5035- (5030-35/5191-5192)-----
Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 03:02:53 am by Psycho soldier
#12  March 28, 2004, 09:44:21 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#13  March 28, 2004, 10:02:23 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
"Flinching attacks" :inquisitive:...just read a friggin' KoF Faq...if you play KoF, wire damage and counter wire damage from 2K1 to 2K3 are terms you should know.

More on topic: How about SvC Athena's Pegasus Fantasy Exceed get hit animation?
Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 10:04:07 pm by ZantetsuMug
#14  March 28, 2004, 10:18:20 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
And in Sander's characters? Seriously, before trying to contribute to a thread, inform yourself on the subject.

[Edit]
Psycho Soldier deleted his replies..bleh, like i care.
Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 06:29:14 am by ZantetsuMug
#15  March 29, 2004, 02:33:12 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
So when they are hit with and without the sword, are both hit frames shown?

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#16  March 29, 2004, 02:58:32 pm
The same goes for other recently released SS5 chars.

Oh, BTW, this reminds me of another thing: check N64Mario's Vega to see many things; for example: the shocked anims, when he has his claw and mask, and when he hasn't.

VIB

#17  March 31, 2004, 05:40:14 am
  • Hi, I am the "Personal Text"
    • www.geocities.com/vibhp/mugen/
Which ones of the animation numbers listed in the 1st posts are already being used by existing characters? And which ones you came up with now?

It would be great idea to make a small homepage about this standard, name it oficialize it. So that we can put in our character's readme something like "This character is according to KFM's Mugen Character Standard v1.3, visit htt://blabla for more information"

It would be also a great idea to take screenshots of each anim. Like elecbyte did in air.gif. I wish to use those, but there are several animations you listed that I have never heard of, and have no idea where to start.
http://www.geocities.com/vibhp/mugen/

GREAT people talk about IDEAS.
Average people talk about Things.
small people talk about other people.
#18  March 31, 2004, 10:45:13 am
Yes, I want screenshots, too. NOW. :yes:
#19  March 31, 2004, 06:22:26 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If anyone wants to add any pics send them to dreamslayer@mugenguild.com and we will add them to the website which I will start making today :P

In the meantime me and KFM will get shots as well and we will post up here what all has been acquired so people will not send the same stuff over and over.

Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 04:36:03 am by The Dreamslayer
#20  April 01, 2004, 12:11:29 pm
There are also the sprites and anims (jump, crouch, hit, attack, being transformed, and probably a few others) of characters transformed by Alessy attack (in JoJo).

Also, there is the "torn clothes" from AOF and possibly KOF94.
Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 01:40:42 pm by *censored*