YesNoOk

Feedback to Warnings/Decisions (Read 864693 times)

Started by Iced, February 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Feedback to Warnings/Decisions
#3781  September 02, 2016, 10:54:20 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
There's very few things that are off limits in my group of friends. If I called any of you some of the things we call each other i'd be perma banned.
#3782  September 02, 2016, 10:59:28 pm
but "insecure" "insignificant" "fuck you" "piece of shit" are stuff you would never jokingly say to your friends?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#3783  September 02, 2016, 10:59:51 pm
jesus christ someone just ban him already
#3784  September 02, 2016, 11:05:47 pm
^
#3785  September 02, 2016, 11:05:55 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
but "insecure" "insignificant" "fuck you" "piece of shit" are stuff you would never jokingly say to your friends?

You left out the part where you took an unrelated personal incident and used it to attack somebody.  Something you definitely do not do with friends.
#3786  September 02, 2016, 11:19:19 pm
BRB gonna start treating more people as very good friends of mine
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3787  September 02, 2016, 11:25:18 pm
  • SNK is life
BRB gonna go out start calling everyone dipshits

^ To be defending this is more nonsensical to me.
#3788  September 02, 2016, 11:31:16 pm
The mark of a good friendship is that they know you're not attacking them when you're calling them a dipshit. They know what you actually mean, so you can be informal and casual with them, and don't have to step on eggshells. If I hate you, in most situations, I'll never swear at you, because I'll be considering my words a lot more carefully.

To a friend I'll say 'Yo, you're being fucking stupid, cut it out.' To someone I don't like, I'll tell them why they're being fucking stupid, but I'll do so in a polite and civilized way.

People who know me can generally tell when I'm pissed off because I stop swearing.
#3789  October 10, 2016, 06:08:50 pm
I was talking with mulambo (this guy here) on another forum and he would like to be unbanned from this forum to share his work and thank the users who shared their mugen codes.

This is his message:
" Hello this is mulambo,
I've been a contributor in your forum before somebody pissed me off and provoked me to post a goatse photo. I know that I'm guilty for posting such horrible image, but it was just because some people there are really stupid and childish and they made me thought that your forum deserved no respect.
I think that admins and moderators over-value their position, abusing of their power and dictating about people's behaviour without thinking about their own attitude toward those who can't stand provokations.
Also I think that arrogance in your abuse of power is a clear sign of an ego-centric behaviour by which you are banning someone who shares your same sympathy for games such as King of Fighters, Street Fighters and so on, somebody that is now lurking code from your posts without being able to thank those coders.
By not letting me in, you're not making me any bad things, you're not teaching me any lesson and you're not getting from me any artistic, graphic, spiritual or emotive contribution... you're losing somebody who's not surely the most important person in the world, but it's a person anyway.
The reason why I want to join is to thank those coders and publicize my artworks.
I don't want to make another account to be banned again by those people who got the wrong image and are mistakenly driven by the fear that I will do it again.
Instead of banning people for "exploding", you should warn other people to be more tolerant and less provoking.

Sincerely yours, mulambo

but only few of you remember or know me."

What to do?
#3790  October 10, 2016, 06:16:06 pm
Uh, didn't he get back in and banned again multiple times in a row for the same thing ?

lol I didn't even read that, nice.
||
V
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 06:22:58 pm by Byakko
#3791  October 10, 2016, 06:17:23 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I think that admins and moderators over-value their position, abusing of their power and dictating about people's behaviour without thinking about their own attitude toward those who can't stand provokations.

....Also I think that arrogance in your abuse of power is a clear sign of an ego-centric behaviour by which you are banning someone who shares your same sympathy for games such as King of Fighters, Street Fighters and so on, somebody that is now lurking code from your posts without being able to thank those coders.

...By not letting me in, you're not making me any bad things, you're not teaching me any lesson and you're not getting from me any artistic, graphic, spiritual or emotive contribution

This doesn't sound like somebody who learned his lesson after a ban.

This is a generic forum signature.
#3792  October 10, 2016, 06:21:27 pm
there needs to be a straightforward ban appeal process instead of having to bump into a dude in another forum
#3793  October 10, 2016, 06:26:23 pm
Won't stop him if he's banned and his appeal is rejected and he still asks people on other forums to come post requests for him :P Not everybody would know how his appeal went.
#3794  October 10, 2016, 06:29:30 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
....Also I think that arrogance in your abuse of power is a clear sign of an ego-centric behaviour by which you are banning someone who shares your same sympathy for games

This reads like a joke post, its not just me, is it? This reads like a literal joke post.

Last time he was unbanned he used it to post goatse.
http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.1310337

#3795  October 10, 2016, 06:33:46 pm
Hatter, I've told him about that, about how the moderators are very open-minded and don't abuse their moderating power.

I think he doesn't have bad intentions, he's sorry for what he's done in the past and he just want to contribute to this forum.
#3796  October 10, 2016, 11:49:31 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
He does not sound sorry at all; i'd be for giving him a second chance if his complaints were directed towards a segment of the user base; but since those are directed at the admins and mods, there does not even seem to be a point in unbanning; just let him make a second account and last until his fuse goes off or he is discovered of ban evasion.
#3797  October 11, 2016, 01:12:02 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
If he wants us to think he's sorry, he needs to show it.

This is not showing it.

I was around for his downfall and TBH, he was pretty bad. Memes everywhere, general disregard for everyone, why he has some giant anti-mod stance now is odd, but it's not doing him any favors whatsoever.
#3798  October 11, 2016, 01:37:53 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It would have been an easy yes from me considering how long ago it was. Till he already laid his mod hate on so thick. He's never even had to deal with most of us and we are probably the most strict on provocation now than the forum has ever been.

I don't care what the other person did though. You don't post goatsee as retaliation and still think it was justified 5 years later.
#3799  October 11, 2016, 03:37:04 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I never really liked the guy so no, especially if he's going to show dislike towards staff without having a legitimate reason. If you want to contribute, shut up about the staff even if you have legitimate reasons and avoid the ones you don't like while not being a douchebag. It's not that hard.
#3800  October 11, 2016, 03:57:52 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Giving another chance to our permabanned users is,  statistically speaking, very fucking retarded.