YesNoOk

Pac-Guy stages (Read 3022 times)

Started by pacpack, February 15, 2020, 08:38:32 pm
Share this topic:
Pac-Guy stages
#1  February 15, 2020, 08:38:32 pm
    • USA
    • goiffonjon@yahoo.com
when I was a kid I enjoyed a collection of games called "The Pac Pack". that's where my name comes from. I recently figured out how to rip some of the sprites from the games, and thought I should make some stages for mugen with them.

I wasn't sure what to make for resurrection, until I remembered the final level. while I could have made the cutscene of pac-guy's ship being shot down, I thought that a stage of kan's ship flying through space looked cooler.

I really didn’t know what to make for pac-guy 2: first contact, until I remembered the bord ship at the end. The only real problem I had was getting the floor, as I couldn’t seem to find the sprite for it. So I just used screenshots to make it. Includes the wall of lights! (warning: do not stare at the wall of lights. Its power is too great, and you might explode.)

This is the first of these that I wanted to make. After that I decided I would make at least one stage from each game. I thought this would make a cool stage, and I still think it does. This is the only one not to include the midi from the game, as the scene this is from uses two midis put together to make one song. The name for this stage isn't really all that creative, but it's just based off of the opening from Pac-Guy 2, Part 2: Pagoon and it has kan in it, so I call it "Kan Pagoon".

At the end of pagoon when pac-guy returns home he sees kan has taken over his planet and a statue of kan that says “our ruler”. Since I couldn’t get those sprites, or the bridge sprites from the ending of pagoon, (another stage idea I wanted) I decided to get the sprites from pacula’s curse. That’s when I thought to get all the other pac-guy games into stages. Though I’ve never actually played pacula’s curse, I still liked the idea of having kan’s statue as a stage.

I only played the pac pack as a kid. Never any of the pea-guy games. I didn’t really know they existed then. But when I saw Ultimeneinasenshun I laughed. He is a great villain. Constantly believing he is the best at everything and that he always wins, even when he isn’t winning. My only complaint is that they renamed pac-guy as pea-guy. I understand why, but I thought that the midis ripped from various movies and video games on a crappy pac-man clone is what gave the series its charm. I don’t care what anyone says, I enjoy these games. I had grander visions for this stage, but they are ultimately impossible to do. The biggest problem I had was getting the sky, so I just used the one from the opening.

download here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsdAUT8Gnz0UlSvtLYWOMn7MyJM5?e=0lVOLD
Re: Pac-Guy stages
#2  February 15, 2020, 09:17:35 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Thank you for this obscure and humorous collection of stage conversions. Can't get enough of reviews of the Pac-Pack. Just a goofy retro fangame that went a little out of it's league.