YesNoOk

Rival Schools / Project Justice Ripping (Read 144558 times)

Started by Odb718, January 12, 2015, 10:27:47 pm
Share this topic:
Rival Schools / Project Justice Ripping
#1  January 12, 2015, 10:27:47 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So, All the awesome Rival School characters coming out... I got a desire to see Hyo in Mugen.
Then after a long while I made this happen

Still no Hyo because for some reason my Zinc wont let me play as Hyo. <_<
But I figure I can start ripping characters with this. I'm going to try and make it so it'll be the ultra KO background. The black wont be the best for ripping for Akira and other dark characters.
I'm hoping I can find the HUD codes some how. If I can get rid of them it'll make for a lot cleaner rips. I think because I have the timer/health/ultra I can poke around those areas and see what happens.

Any suggestions on which character should go first?  If I can find out how to unlock Hyo, he'll be my main attention. I think Akira and Roberto should get some focus too. Roberto is under-rated in my opinion.

Maybe a Poll is in order??
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:27:39 pm by Odb718
Re: Rival Schools Ripping
#2  January 12, 2015, 10:42:19 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
WELL.... If Daigo was playable[it's a long time when I played RS for PSX, so i don't remember well if Daigo was playable], you can try him. He is badass :P

But is your choice, keep it up :D

EDIT: This reminds me of making a standart VS style gameplay for the three main prot. of Rival Schools, since then are fully complete..
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:45:47 pm by ShinZankuro
#3  January 12, 2015, 11:09:27 pm
  • No guts No glory..
Roy, kyoko,daigo 
#4  January 12, 2015, 11:12:06 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I will crown you king of the MG if you do Roy, Daigo, Aomezaki, and Natsume :D
This is a generic forum signature.
#5  January 12, 2015, 11:19:37 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
**** So, I guess you guys didnt notice. I'm using Zinc. This is the Arcade version of Rival Schools. ****

The Arcade version doesnt have the PS1 characters. The quality of the PS1 game is terrible versus Arcade. The models are jumpy, their costumes dont know when they should be visible or not. Overall it's just BAD on the PS1. Well, maybe not on the console but the emulator(s) I've tried the evolution disc on are. Hyo's shoulder pads pop in and out, Hideo's shoulder pads, There's just all types of problems.

Sorry for the confusion.

I'm positive I could do the same effects on the PS1 emulator. I was looking into the DreamCast version but couldnt find the game....

----
Oshi! Post 1000. 4stars.
But the real edit is, I'm working on the select menu. I'm finding out how the game knows which character I'm on. This way I can trick it. Hopefully Hyo, no helmet Akira, and the rest of the hiddens are playable.

I've gotten this figured out so far
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
There's a pattern and there's not a pattern. So I think I'll have to keep digging.
Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 11:23:33 pm by Odb718
#6  January 12, 2015, 11:26:39 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Contact @N.: And see if he can assist you in changing the BG color and playing as secret characters/bosses.
#7  January 12, 2015, 11:59:06 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Oyeaoyeaoyea
Some how I fought with Tiffany/Bowman, lost the match, went back to the select screen and

Akira(No helmet) & Sakura are hidden.

Hopefully it'll stay like this every time I boot it now.

Bad luck with the code I found for the black background. It just keeps it activated. If I change the value it will change the way the black background works, but not the actual display. I'll have to keep poking around. It's just super hard because there's no save state with Zinc.

for future references
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#8  January 13, 2015, 12:02:30 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Spoiler: Spoling the quote, for avoid Pyramid Posts (click to see content)

Are you searching for what version of DC Rival Schools? The "Project Justice" one? If yes, I have these.
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#9  January 13, 2015, 12:25:37 am
Not 100% sure about this, but I think the characters are unlocked over time in the arcade version. If you have the opportunity, try leaving the emulator running when you go to class / work / whatever.
#10  January 13, 2015, 04:30:50 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Yeah, Thammy that's right. I forced the timer to think it was 36 days play time. It loads up as 36 days played. When I first boot it, the characters arent unlocked. The trick seems to pick Tiffany/Bowman and lose the round. It unlocks all 4 after that. (I found this out through BSOD)

I've spent a little more time using Cheat Engine to poke at code. Had some mild success met with bsod so I lost the codes I created/found

But,

Looks promising right??

No, I didnt get to change the background color from black to that 255,0,255. but the black is 100% black and seems to be solid. On the 3 or 4 images his boots come out clean so there doesnt seem to be color-loss. The different sizes come from how close the characters are from each other. The closer they are the bigger the character. The problem with that is the Ultra bars at the bottom and the two characters overlapping.
Backing the characters all the way up make it as small as the last of Hyo in the image above. His feet are always above the bar, but his hair is off the screen sometimes. That and how degraded the details are... it's not the best option.

I'm going to try and lock the screen or characters into position. Then hopefully I'll be able to get a uniform sized set of sprites.
#11  January 13, 2015, 05:04:28 am
  • No guts No glory..
thise can really be handfull....here a fast and unpolished edit

D:  i wish i could have another 1000 of myself working at the same time with a diferent spritesoo a char could be out each 20 minutes

juuuuneeee from star gladiator......yuuugo from bloody roar 2  jajajaj just wishing you see i am about to get really crazy with all of these neew emergent 3d usefull captions from emus ....DAIGOOOO T_____T arghhhh....

#12  January 13, 2015, 05:15:43 am
  • Summon me and maybe I can appear.
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hades
    • varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen

D:  i wish i could have another 1000 of myself working at the same time with a diferent spritesoo a char could be out each 20 minutes

juuuuneeee from star gladiator......yuuugo from bloody roar 2  jajajaj just wishing you see i am about to get really crazy with all of these neew emergent 3d usefull captions from emus ....DAIGOOOO T_____T arghhhh....
Wow man, even if was quickly looks good, hope to see more rival school characters like Roy, Akira, etc.
Contact me if you want a color separation, or mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MVVTGXPXYA9NN
My channel on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/claudiohades
With the links of my chars
My site with my chars and my color separations:
https://varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Subscribe to my Twitch and nice chars will come:
https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hadesgameplays
#13  January 13, 2015, 05:17:53 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Hyo Imawano for CvS3 anyone? ;D

Great job ODB. Just curious, though; can this be applied to other games like Star Gladiator or Final Fight Revenge?
This is a generic forum signature.
#14  January 13, 2015, 05:37:58 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Those exact codes? I highly doubt it. But the same technique, more than likely.
A LONG time ago when I had MK4 on the N64, I got the characters to jump out of the walls of the stage using the gameshark. It was a solid black background. It'd be perfect for ripping the characters. I'm sure I could hack any game to allow that to happen.
well, almost
Locking the characters into position seems extremely tough. I mean... I've kinda found what I need, except the floor... it goes on forever. All I can do is adjust the tiling. I'll have to approach this another way.
#15  January 13, 2015, 06:25:53 am
  • I do use dark colors. . . : \
    • kurotoboe.deviantart.com
I have a Dreamcast emulator with Project Justice if it'll help anything. . .but I don't know how to remove the background.
I'm trying. . .
#16  January 13, 2015, 07:06:57 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Thanks. I got help getting Project Justice earlier. I'm going to focus on the Zinc version for right now because of how much progress I've made.
I'm also looking into changing the black to magenta with the help of N.
I am going to look into using the DC Project Justice because of the movesets. The character meshes seem pretty solid so I think they'll look good in mugen. It does seem to run a little slow.
I have Bandicam running at 60FPS while Zinc is running RS at 60FPS. I havent found the old program I was ripping Smash characters with. I lost it in my old laptop's crash. It was awesome for taking snapshots of games/applications. It would be a lot cleaner than Bandicam->photoshop.

----
Semi-Useless update. Found I was just using 640x480 as the resolution on the emulator.. bumped it up.

Purple is pretty much HD Rival Schools. All the little ones are the other one's resized, biggest to smallest. Just did it as a test.
The big purple guy is HD all the way close, and the little purple guy is HD all the way out... which equals the smallest red guy. As you can see in the small versions, the little purple's eyes are crappy. So I dont think that's an option. I was hoping it would be but oh well.
The details in the boots/black areas are worth the extra size. I dont think I've played RS this clean in my life.
I think the red palette will be what I use to rip Hyo. Purple's face is too white and might bleed into the hair.
Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 08:06:45 am by Odb718
#17  January 13, 2015, 11:50:03 am
Good luck! I hope to see more progress with it.
It looks very very promising!

lui

#18  January 13, 2015, 12:05:11 pm
    • USA
wow, for an old-ass game, full-on HD looks surprisingly nice and crisp. Good luck man! This looks so gawgeous.
Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 12:58:39 pm by luisdude1
#19  January 13, 2015, 12:40:52 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com

That is a pretty cool edit, dude.
#20  January 14, 2015, 10:46:43 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
A big thanks to N. for helping me learn how to use cheat engine a lot better a lot fast than I would have on my own.
A bigger thank you to N. for literally handing me the RGB codes to change the background color.
He also gave me the code to kill the HUD.
Probably a few more but it's late.

I've found two super important aspects of being able to rip the characters cleanly. (Camera controls and P1 animations) Though, right now it seems like I'm going to need "2 more codes". I'm not sure exactly how many it'll take but I'm tracking them down.

Video progress to show how far I've gotten tonight.... not sure if the volume works, the girlfriend is asleep.

Also, if anyone wants the codes N. & I have come up with to try and rip some other characters I'm totally cool with that. I encourage it.
Now that I know how to find more hidden codes a little easier hopefully these next few days off from work will be put to good use.