YesNoOk

DragonBall vs Street Fighter Disucssion (Read 1064 times)

Started by lui, October 24, 2015, 06:25:49 pm

lui

DragonBall vs Street Fighter Disucssion
#1  October 24, 2015, 06:25:49 pm
    • USA
So uh, hi there guys! As you may have noticed in the title, after I finish up some coding-related and spriting-related stuff in the coming years, I do eventually want to plan on starting my first ever full-game.

I originally wanted it to be Dragonball vs Capcom instead, but I felt that in order for me to grasp the concepts of doing a proper fullgame, I've got to start small right? So, I decided to just rest with Street Fighter characters (and maybe Rival Schools and Finl Fight)

Anywho, first off, I would like to discuss the roster. i've decided the ideal roster would be about 10 characters in total for launch, 5 for SF and 5 for DB. I don't want the roster to feel bloated at first, so I decided that there will be no shotoclones other than Ryu, to make the roster diverse.
I need one keepaway character, one grappler, one fast rush-down character and one anti-air character for the SF side, who should I choose?

For the DB side I've decided to go with Goku (there are no transformations btw, only during supers or outro's), Vegeta, Fat Buu, Piccolo and Android 18 due to their unique styles they can use.

The art style i've planned for is CvS (or anything resembling that at all) for the SF side, and the EB sprites (plus edits) for the DB side, with all of them having a matching overall pallette scheme to make em blend in with eachother just a bit more atleast. I've also decided to go with 2D stages, ala Neocide's DragonBall game. I still haven't decided on what type of music to use. Should I use low-res effects similar to the traditional capcom games or high-res, filtered effects?

Now for the good part, the gameplay! I've been toying around with alot of ideas lately, and here's what I've thought up.
The overall button scheme will be 4-buttons and will be a tag-team game, it will include chain-comboing and EX attacks, with an aerial rave mechanic, the gameplay will be more over-the-top than the older MvC games and will likely resemble Injustice in terms of destruction potential when it comes to supers, but not so over-the-top it would resemble Nightmare Broly (ew). Each character will have multiple Level 1 supers and atleast 1 level 3 super. The game will feature no 360 commands and will rely on the tag-mechanics alot, ala SFxT or Tekken Tag.

Now for the interesting part, taking a page off of SFV I've decided to included "Z-skills" (its the V-Skill, but with a Z! GET IT?!) that apply to only one fighter at a time. The Z-skills have a bar the will deplete after a certain number of uses (how big the bar is depends on the fighter) You can use these Z-skills only a certain number of times however, as they are quite powerful, if you want to replenish them after the are gone you would have to perform a super that takes up all 3000 of your power.

Z-skills in mind for me include:
Kaio-ken: for Goku: When Goku activates this he loses a small amount of health and his defense weakens, but his offensive damage increases and his moves become alot safer to use. only lasts 15 seconds.

Parry: for Ryu: just as it sounds like.

Hunger: for Fat-Buu: he actiavates a special grapple, in which if his opponent is captured by he will turn the opponent into chocolate and eat the opponent then spit the opponent out, each time he does this he also gains a random buff, these buffs will overlap eachother, so you can only have one at a time.

get the jist of it?

now for the last part, the voices. should I go with English for DB and Jap for SF? or Jap for both? or Eng for both? You guys help me out here!

again, these are just concepts, but it will be real in the future once I get the hang of doing stuff by myself :P