YesNoOk

Some characters not using their default palettes (Read 4138 times)

Started by Buzzard1, December 30, 2015, 10:24:55 pm
Share this topic:
Some characters not using their default palettes
#1  December 30, 2015, 10:24:55 pm
    • USA
Hi,

So I've recently been getting some characters, such as the Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden characters. However when I used the character to play with somehow their palettes aren't their default ones. I'll show you:

I know these aren't their default palettes. So I checked their def files, and they aren't in the proper order. I managed resolve Akame's palette issue who had the same problem which now she uses her default palette as you can see in the image. Thanks to Fighter Factory, however I can't seem to do it the same way on the characters who has the issue.

And the version I am using is Mugen 1.0
Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 10:32:15 pm by Buzzard1
Re: Some characters not using their default palettes
#2  December 31, 2015, 12:09:14 am
  • Thanks for all the help!
    • USA
There's several things that can be done here:

first enter the .def files of the chars giving you problems and make sure there is a line which reads:

pal.defaults =

That is the line of code that tells mugen what files to load and in what order for the char.

If it's not there then add it yourself and put the order you want the pals to load in so for example 1,2,3,4

Next go into your data folder and open mugen.cfg

There will be an option in that notepad file that decides if the computer picks the pal default or random palette when you fight against it.

Set that so that the computer picks the default and if you're still having troubles come ask again and I can walk you through more steps that may or may not be necessary
#3  December 31, 2015, 12:34:04 pm
    • USA
Yeah, I went to the cfg file and change it to 0, still did not change. However, I did found two ways to resolve the palette issue.

I replaced palette using FF3, I replaced the palette that was on the group ''1,4.'' with the default palette he uses which is ''1,1''

''1,4'' was palette the cpu used as the standard one, the option is to replace the palette row 1,4 is using, so I went to find his default palette and replace it and then save it and it worked successfully.

Another alternative I did was re-name several files.

bardock01.act (Default)

bardock03.act (One that the CPU uses)

So I renamed default palette bardock00 to bardock03.act and the bardock03.act to bardock00.act and it worked. Same for SSGSS Goku (Don't remember if I replace his palette or switch the act files, other than that, it worked.)

This is only my first day working with Fighter Factory and turned out to be very simple.
#4  December 31, 2015, 01:41:23 pm
  • Thanks for all the help!
    • USA
Yeah, I went to the cfg file and change it to 0, still did not change. However, I did found two ways to resolve the palette issue.

I replaced palette using FF3, I replaced the palette that was on the group ''1,4.'' with the default palette he uses which is ''1,1''

''1,4'' was palette the cpu used as the standard one, the option is to replace the palette row 1,4 is using, so I went to find his default palette and replace it and then save it and it worked successfully.

Another alternative I did was re-name several files.

bardock01.act (Default)

bardock03.act (One that the CPU uses)

So I renamed default palette bardock00 to bardock03.act and the bardock03.act to bardock00.act and it worked. Same for SSGSS Goku (Don't remember if I replace his palette or switch the act files, other than that, it worked.)

This is only my first day working with Fighter Factory and turned out to be very simple.

Good work!

I've been using fighter factory for ages and still don't get it lol