YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 1140388 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#2001  December 07, 2018, 02:43:24 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Skip immediately to 8 minutes and 30 seconds. You won't be disappointed.  :sugoi:

SILVER said:
Saberblade, you're so full of yourself. Your quotes in your signature are like a self circle jerk. Its sad that you put so much emphasis on what the stupid members here say.
Tuxedo Biccy said:
You shut your mouth, Sarblade, we can have truth and facts interrupting our dystopia fanfics. :P
#2002  December 09, 2018, 03:33:25 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA

...Well, no, I can't say I agree with you on that statement.  That was very amateurish.  I mean, they use the old Sailor Moon English dub as their source.  But sure, I'll take a swing.

That was rather hard to watch, but really, it's all about how you intentionally set it up.  When you write Batman to have knowledge of the opponent and given prep time to prepare, of course he can win against mostly anyone, it's how the character works.  And conversely, if they didn't want to handicap his opponent like that, as useless as Tuxedo Mask is in his universe, he still scales to demons that the Scouts fight that bragged about being world conquerors and/or destroyers.  Which rarely actually gets to happen, because that's how the series works, they hype up an opponent, have long drawn-out talks then one-shot the opponent or do nothing to them only to return stronger and then one-shot them.  But you still have proof evidence of him lasting through things like Pharaoh 90's energy killing everything on Earth effortlessly. (Though he's, like, a sentient universe or something akin and they dealt with him with probably the most cheap way you could with Sailor Saturn, so he's a weird opponent overall to merit skills based off of)

What a bizarre match-up, though.  In a straight Death Battle, I guess it would be funny to see how one-sided it should look for Batman on paper, then see just how easy it is for Mamoru to win, but that's just regular tonal dissonance between super-buff western superheros compared to anime pretty boys.  But this was just a win hand-made for Batman.
#2003  December 09, 2018, 05:47:39 am
Well, I'll admit the intro of the battle had a pretty cool the Animated series vibe, then the animation seemed basic.

But then again, it's not that cringe-worthy Sans vs Freddy Fazbear fight.