YesNoOk

Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE) (Read 2525732 times)

Started by shin. [OFWGKTA], July 07, 2007, 01:29:07 am
Share this topic:
Re: Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE)
#2181  June 08, 2017, 08:32:07 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Uh Hello,I am FR4NzIT,Im new to Mugen But I have been using Ikemen,I really have nothing to say but I have a question,is it normal that B,BD,D,DF,F And similar stuff is easyer on Ikemen? For example,I can do B,BD,D,DF,F on Ikemen kinda ez,but on Mugen its a lot harder... Am I missing something? is there a way to Fix It? [I use KB on both]
Open the cmd file for the character, and look at the actual commands. They're at the top of the file.
Look for your move, and either adjust, or add, the time =
[Command]
name = "hadouken_z"
command = ~D,DF, F, z
time = 40
^^^^ This makes it so you have 2/3rds of a second, or 40tics, to do a fireball motion and press heavy punch.
If your move doesn't have the time = line you can add it in and make it any value you want. Dont make it too long or it will interfere with your regular playing. 40 tics is an extremely long time to do a fireball motion. You'd usually want 15 tics or tighter.

If you guys have other questions you need answered about editing characters, post in
http://mugenguild.com/forum/m-u-g-e-n-development-help.315
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv

7xS

#2182  June 13, 2017, 07:44:32 pm
  • OG
  • To do is to be, to be is to do, do be do be do.
    • USA
Hi, all. I've been casually messing around with MUGEN since it first came out back in the early 2000s. I just recently had an idea for a game I'd like to make, so I made a new account since I now have a new email. I have a general, overall understanding of how MUGEN works and just have to shake some of the rust off.
Mega Man, Taco Bell, Boobies.
#2183  June 14, 2017, 01:27:00 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
very well... good luck and sucess
#2184  June 18, 2017, 01:57:57 am
    • USA
I forgot my password, I already let you know like last week?. I got a new pc, everything was wiped before I could respond, though you probably didn't anyway.
#2185  June 19, 2017, 07:40:56 pm
  • Animator
  • Hello
    • United Arab Emirates
Hello.
My name is Abdullah Karam, I'm from UAE (United Arab Emirates), and i'm 14 years old. This guild/forum seems to have been here for a really long time, i guess i'm late af.
Anyways, I animate on a program called "Pivot Animator" Some of you may or may not know of this program, it's a Stick-Figure animating program. Sounds lame right? but you can still animate some good stuff. But i want to animate and add my own characters, i don't know a thing about mugen to be honest so i came here.

A little example of an idle animation:

Kinda shaky i know but i can tweak that stuff later.
So i hope this guild can help me with making a game with a bunch of characters, i'm also in an animating clan, and all of them have characters ._.'
Thanks.
New here. Hi!
#2186  June 19, 2017, 10:36:59 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Welcome to the forum! That animation is pretty good compare to some people's original stances. It has a good flow to it.
PivotAnimator is pretty cool. You should add some details to the arms and legs now. It'll help you down the road.
Look into editing Kung Fu Man or another character you're familiar with. You probably want to start with a sprite swap. Then do bigger edits.
#2187  June 23, 2017, 09:18:20 am
    • Australia
Hi, I'm MountBlaze45, i'm new to this community. I'm REALLY into UnoTag. If I were to post I question about sounds where would I?
#2188  June 23, 2017, 09:43:34 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Depends on the type of question. Like if it's about certain characters, then Dev help. If it's getting it set up in general, then Config help
If it's about the actual process, you may want to look over the thread. But try to search to see if the question's answered. 10 pages is a lot, but see if it's answered in there.
#2189  July 01, 2017, 02:03:50 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - layanorsmind
    • https://www.unitedbygames.net/
Hello all my name is Layanor. I have been on this forum before it even started. I use to help provide new character links to the community at Mugen News. A site that closed a bit after the Mugen Fighters Guild forum started to get bigger.

I am under a older name twice on this forum, but both of those accounts are busted and can not be fixed.

I never really talked much on here as the community would shift many times. Now I am going to give it a shot.

I have been working on a KOF compilation game for over 10 years "casually". It was one of the first XMUGEN releases on the original XBOX that was a stable playable game. The last few months I have been updating it again and trying to get it to the point where I feel it is at a good point to release.

So with that in mind, I am not the best of coders. I am here to learn and hopefully fix things as I come across them.

Other stuff about me.

I am a former podcaster for MMO Reporter and former Community Manager for a YouTube network called Freedom! Yes that means I am between jobs now ;)

I started playing fighting games in the arcades when Street Fighter II came out. When CE came out, the machine was always pretty crowded. So I was happy to play the original Fatal Fury. Capcom kept updating Street Fighter but would never make a new game for a long time. So I kept playing all the SNK games and became a much bigger fan in the process.
#2190  July 01, 2017, 05:30:48 pm
    • Brazil
Layanor, hi.... welcome
#2191  July 02, 2017, 07:58:59 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - layanorsmind
Hello :) Nice to meet you
#2192  July 02, 2017, 11:32:50 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Did someone say Xmugen....
* Odb718 looks around suspiciously
#2193  July 03, 2017, 12:13:20 pm
    • Brazil
what is "Xmugen"?   :areyouserious:
#2194  July 04, 2017, 08:22:15 am
    • USA
    • Skype - layanorsmind
Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 08:26:09 am by Layanor
#2195  July 04, 2017, 01:38:36 pm
    • Brazil
oh ok    ;D
#2196  July 11, 2017, 08:09:55 pm
  • Certified Quack
Hello there, I am Professor Skew.

I've been lurking the Guild for quite a few years now, and finally decided to join up.  I'm looking forward to seeing the future releases from everyone here!
...nausea, heartburn, indigestion, chronic fatigue, periods of extreme hyperactivity, confusion, short term memory loss, feelings of deja vu, short term memory loss, and feelings of deja vu.
#2197  July 12, 2017, 03:15:14 pm
    • Brazil
welcome, professor
#2198  July 20, 2017, 08:14:34 pm
    • USA
So, I don't know how many of you remember me, but I am the one once known as Vegeta 20XX, a minor purveyor of poorly constructed Mugen works. I have since turned my focus to Doom modding (on the ZDoom forums, I am The Railgunner, a slightly less minor of somewhat less poorly constructed Doom mods). Namely, I made a new account for nostalgia reasons, and also because therailgunner@live.com has been inaccessible to me for at least two or three years.

The son of which I spoke of before my departure is now six years of age - a brilliant child with serious behavior problems. No, I don't have custody of him (I still have legal rights to him, however), and I don't see him often (flying out of state and back is, unsurprisingly, rather expensive), but that's fine, because his mother takes very good care of him, and that's all that truly matters, at least in the short term.

I have yet to return to fighting game-grade spriting, as most of my efforts have been focused on guns and more guns, as well as the occasional powerup or melee weapon, but I may return to it in time. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to mull over my former post history and cringe at the rick-diculous heights of embarrassment said posts will inevitably produce (I was definitely NOT fit to be a mod, let alone the Graphics mod, among sooooo many other frightening things best summarized by this short snippet by Sepp, from who I shamelessly ruined his Sagat into a lesser work, as I am prone to). I may also attempt to MUGEN again, in the hopes that, with the different, purportedly more mature point of view I intend to deceive you all into believing I have attained, I may properly reintroduce myself as a creator of genuine merit, and not a shameless thief (it is worth noting that this pattern kind of died after my second-to-last Doom mod, which was derived from - albeit with considerable work and alteration - from another, more respected author's work - The Trooper is more or less my first standalone work that wasn't built off of that of another). Basically, learning to understand the game's code structure more completely and avoiding referencing other people's work unless absolutely necessary to understand how certain mechanics work, in order to create from scratch.
Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:18:03 pm by Vegeta 30XX
#2199  July 21, 2017, 02:18:22 pm
    • Brazil
welcome back, prince of sayajin
#2200  July 24, 2017, 11:58:12 pm
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
Yeah, I've had this account for years but since I got unbanned, I think a reintroduction from the more mature me should be made.
I'm Jenngra505, an over ambitious person who lacks the drawing ability to make the creations they want to make. Sorry for being a total moron back before the ban.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)