YesNoOk

Juggernaut released (and updated 01.14.14), Sean updated (Read 33159 times)

Started by Víctorys, December 31, 2013, 04:26:35 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Juggernaut released, Sean updated
#21  January 01, 2014, 12:26:14 am
  • Swagger just dumb. Call it Kelly Bundy
    • USA
First off HAPPY NEW YEAR 2 u all and congrats on the release man. Can't wait to try him out.
#22  January 01, 2014, 12:58:09 am
  • Hola
    • Chile
    • yiazmatomegavictorys.wix.com/mugenvictorys
Alright, important update for Juggernaut thanks to DivineWolf who pretty much pointed out what (he) fixed. Fixed what davismaximus pointed out too.

Please redownload again, this should be the last update for today unless I messed up something :P

#23  January 01, 2014, 05:19:17 am
  • Was it something I said?
Tested out for a bit.
-It seems when Juggy get a K.O. by the 2P Throw, he seems to just stand there for a certain amount of time.
-Another instance of this from the light punch, either from standing or crouching, I believe.
-Minor nitpick, but he does not have his pick up the opponent and laugh at them win pose from X-Men Vs Street Fighter or Marvel Super Heroes. I believe Splode's version had this.
This is a really nice character though.
#24  January 01, 2014, 03:12:19 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Nice work, thanks a lot!

Still:

- "Juggernaut Smash" super is way too fast for Juggy IMO, MAX version even faster.

If you slow it down and give it as many hits as his Level 3 Super move "Juggernaut End" then it would be perfect IMO!
#25  January 01, 2014, 05:14:16 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
I might slown down the MAX Version of Juggernaut Smash, I don't have any complains with the normal version to be honest :P

Tested out for a bit.
-It seems when Juggy get a K.O. by the 2P Throw, he seems to just stand there for a certain amount of time.
-Another instance of this from the light punch, either from standing or crouching, I believe.
-Minor nitpick, but he does not have his pick up the opponent and laugh at them win pose from X-Men Vs Street Fighter or Marvel Super Heroes. I believe Splode's version had this.
This is a really nice character though.
- Could you be a bit more specific here? I tried to replicate it but no luck. Did it happen against an specific char or something?
- ^
- Oh, I forgot about that one. I might add it later.

#26  January 02, 2014, 01:01:45 am
  • Was it something I said?

- Could you be a bit more specific here? I tried to replicate it but no luck. Did it happen against an specific char or something?
- ^

-It seems when Juggernaut does something after he K.O's an opponent, it seems he stands there until time allows him to do his win pose. Might be a debug error or something.
So far I've only battled Alter Amiba by MelvanaInChains and Geese by PotS.
#27  January 02, 2014, 01:13:33 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar

- ^

-It seems when Juggernaut does something after he K.O's an opponent, it seems he stands there until time allows him to do his win pose. Might be a debug error or something.
So far I've only battled Alter Amiba by MelvanaInChains and Geese by PotS.

It only does it for ceartin characters for me, like Cyanide's Omega Red etc. ... not sure what causes this ... I found that odd to ...
#28  January 02, 2014, 01:20:38 am
  • Hola
    • Chile
Uh, it might be something related to sending P2 to custom states after winning. I'll have to check that further.

#29  January 02, 2014, 03:31:25 am
  • You deserve respect and justice, so we demand it!
    • USA
Quick question, how can I edit his sprites so that I can like, change his portraits because I use a pack that uses custom portraits. When I open him in fighter factory ultimate, none of his sprites show. :( I never got characters like these, dont authors know we use custom portraits sometimes? <:/

thanks
YouTube | Google

Spoiler: You want to know what really pisses me off? (click to see content)
#30  January 02, 2014, 03:33:28 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Fighter factory, add the portraits and use the select numbers that the screenpack uses for the sprite group number.
#31  January 02, 2014, 03:42:06 am
  • Hola
    • Chile
Use Fighter Factory 3 and you'll be able to see the sprites.

#32  January 03, 2014, 01:40:26 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
- Why is Earthquake D, DF, F, Punch instead of F, DF, D Punch or D, DB, B Punch
- Was it intentional to make his throws and Juggernaut Smash have the same range? (shouldn't the normal throws be smaller or Jug Smash bigger?)
- If I may make a suggestion, why not make EX Juggernaut Punch OTG
- Sometimes, when Max Mode activates, the color of the bar is a different color
- Maybe its me, but Cytorak needs to last a little bit longer.  Since I have Max Mode, I don't really need the super as Max gives me a defense and power boost.  Sure, Cytorak has a higher power boost for all moves including supers, but the move barely lasts 5 seconds.  Maybe make it 7, I don't know.
Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 01:48:45 am by senorfro
#33  January 03, 2014, 01:54:10 am
  • Hola
    • Chile
- Oh, I was pretty sure that I saw it as D, DF, F motion but I checked again and it is F, DF, D, so I'll change it.
- You're right, I forgot to change the range of his normal throws.
- Okay, I'll add that.
- I haven't seen this, I'll see if I can replicate it.
- Alright, I'll increase the duration.

Re: Juggernaut released (and updated), Sean updated
#34  January 04, 2014, 08:22:21 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
Juggernaut Updated
 - Fixed winpose bug (I Hope)
 - Added the Grab and laugh winpose from XvSF (thanks to Splode)
 - Changed Earthquake command (F,DF,D)
 - Reduced the range of regular throws
 - Made EX Juggernaut Punch being able to OTG
 - Increased the Cyttorak Power Up time
 - Reduced the hits of MAX Juggernaut Smash and made it slower
 - Added Midnight Bliss animation

#35  January 05, 2014, 04:51:09 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
#36  January 08, 2014, 08:51:34 am
- you have the command for 'Earthquake' F, DF, F instead of F, DF, D
- Super Canceling for Juggernaut Smash is weird.  Sometimes, super canceling Earthquake into it will miss.  Also, sometimes you can cancel normals into Juggernaut Smash, even though you're not supposed to.  Don't know what causes this.
- I'm sure there's a cosmetic reason, but why do some of the palettes have one shade of teeth an inconsistent color with the rest?
#37  January 08, 2014, 02:04:45 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Hmm, I'm not sure. On the one hand, it's a pretty well done character, but on the other hand, while I think I understand what you were trying to do, the lack of super armor rubs me the wrong way. After all, wasn't being unstoppable sort of his shtick? Not much of that left now.
Also, maybe that's just me, but his body press special looks very floaty to me and could need a speed up.
#38  January 09, 2014, 01:44:32 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
- you have the command for 'Earthquake' F, DF, F instead of F, DF, D
- Super Canceling for Juggernaut Smash is weird.  Sometimes, super canceling Earthquake into it will miss.  Also, sometimes you can cancel normals into Juggernaut Smash, even though you're not supposed to.  Don't know what causes this.
- I'm sure there's a cosmetic reason, but why do some of the palettes have one shade of teeth an inconsistent color with the rest?
- Oh lol, I wonder how many times I'm going to fuck up that command.
- I used Pots Geese as a reference who can cancel normals into his grab super too, but always fails unless it's canceled from a special. I don't know if that's intentional though. Should only specials be cancelled into Juggernaut Smash?
- I guess some people made them like that, and it's more noticeable on his small portrait. I tried modifying the colors of the small portrait but it didn't turn out well :(

Hmm, I'm not sure. On the one hand, it's a pretty well done character, but on the other hand, while I think I understand what you were trying to do, the lack of super armor rubs me the wrong way. After all, wasn't being unstoppable sort of his shtick? Not much of that left now.
Also, maybe that's just me, but his body press special looks very floaty to me and could need a speed up.
I know what you mean, but I tried to make him a somewhat balanced character to fit in a non MVC-gameplay and that means no superarmor :P
I'll increase the falling velocity of his body press depending of what button you press.

#39  January 11, 2014, 12:59:56 am
What about a kind of compromise.  Maybe make a Lvl.2 Cyttorak Power Up Super that has some armor.
#40  January 11, 2014, 01:56:09 am
  • Toph for Death Battle
    • http://www.mgcomics.com/AkumaTh
Besides the criticisms mentioned, he is pretty fun. Though his AI could be tougher.