Started by walt, April 25, 2008, 05:36:36 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Concert Discussion
#81  April 27, 2009, 06:09:26 pm
  • wanna match bowls
#82  April 28, 2009, 07:10:16 am
  • Sandvich
The best show I ever went to was Lollapalooza back in 93. Went to see Primus and Tool. Primus was great and Les Claypool was his crazy self. But, Tool was mind blowing. I feel sorry for Tool fans that did not get to see them back in the day. Maynard was a totally different person on stage back then.   
Daaaa....There are too many small men on this team!
#83  November 03, 2009, 12:09:09 am
  • SNK is life
So... THE KILLERS are coming to town tomorrow ;D

Will leave feedback ASAP
#84  November 03, 2009, 12:17:10 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
So I was at Converge (missed them), Mastodon, and Dethklok back on Friday. Man what a show. Ironically during Dethklok's Facebones' Lesson on Moshing, a fight broke out 15 feet behind me. ;P

Angelspit/KMFDM (9/30), 3 Inches of Blood/Between the Buried and Me/In Flames (10/2), and Molotov Solution/ABACABB/Through the Eyes of the Dead/Despised Icon (10/21) were good too. Angelspit was awful though, In Flames played The Hive from Whoracle at the oldest, and I got to see like 2 minutes of Molotov Solution. :(

DM

#85  November 03, 2009, 05:46:11 pm
    • Brazil
    • www.rickiecreations.paodemugen.com.br
Dethklok, lol

These days I saw Kreator and Exodus. Hell Yeah \m/

GLB

#86  November 04, 2009, 01:34:22 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Went to a dark lotus concert, i guess you could say i wasn't "energized" enough for it.

Considering the mosh pit happened to follow me and I ended up getting punched in the face  ;P
Renzo - Prepare yourself for the best concert of your life hohoho
#87  November 04, 2009, 08:04:48 pm
  • SNK is life
The Killers rocked the town yesterday. Whether you are Hot Fuzz vocoding fagfan or a Sam's Town rocker, the concert had a little bit of everything for everybody, even songs that weren't singles. in their setlist a bit longer than 15 songs, they didn't focus more on their latest album, but they actually mixed songs from all albums really well.

The really show their showmanship, the song arrangements are made to be presented for large audiences and epic factor. I think I yelled so loud all througout the event that my throat started bleeding (felt that blood taste in my mouth), and I even shed a tear of excitement when they played the first lines of my favorite song. I've atended to like 10 real big ass concerts, and this is hands down one of the most satifying experiences of my life.

Rating 12/10
#88  November 05, 2009, 04:50:25 am
    • Peru
Good to hear that Güalt, I read about the setlist and I was surprised they played covers like Shadowplay. I thought they were going to play a majority of songs from Day & Age, but as you said they took the best songs from previous discs. (good thing, because Day & Age is not his best work).

For me: Read My Mind, Somebody Told Me, When you were young... and then kill me. I fulfilled my purpose in life. He.

Still 13 days to the concert in Perú... Platinum Tickets :)
#89  November 05, 2009, 08:05:26 pm
Im gonna see Anti-Flag in a few weeks in amsterdam :D

First real concert i will ever go to

No Borders, No Nations
#90  November 08, 2009, 01:17:53 am
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
Today I saw a couple of bands, I will do a short review on every band.

Dead raped chilldren: Some nazi we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten years punk band (literally) who sucked balls.
Eya: Pretty good band, seems very trash-metalish, awesome solos, I didn't really like the vocals.
Crazymen: Horrible. The vocalist/bassist raped the bass, you could not here the guitar at all, some fucking up kind of music, the vocals was pretty bad too. :-\
Ninnuam: The BEST band, they played black-metal, totally fucking awesome, LISTEN to this band.
Tubleweed: What is this I don't even.
Dead victims: A awesome band as well, great vocals, it's worth listening to.
Sarea: The biggest band, a LOT of people came to see just this band, but they where not really that good. Epic growl, but all songs sounded the same, also ew clean voice, a BIG disappointment (maybe because it is not my kind of music).
My shitty mugen stuff:
#91  November 08, 2009, 01:45:29 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I should throw this out there:

Most likely, in January, I'm seeing Devin Townsend, Cynic, Between the Buried and Me, and some other band I forget.

Devin Townsend and Cynic are gonna kick ass. BTBAM I've seen like twice live so I know they already will.

DM

#92  November 08, 2009, 02:02:00 am
    • Brazil
    • www.rickiecreations.paodemugen.com.br
I'm gonna see The Exploited in some weeks. :D
#93  November 14, 2009, 02:41:29 pm
The Exploited, awesome

I got the membership card i needed, im gonna see Anti-Flag, Alexisonfire, Four Year Strong and Ghost of a Thousand, im leaving in 10 minutes to go :D

Cant wait, its gonna be my first concert xD

No Borders, No Nations
#94  November 15, 2009, 12:44:45 pm
Double post, i but i dont care

It was fucking amazing, i went in a few most pits and circle pits. There was also a wall of death, that was amazing too. And i crowd surfed 3 times. This was just so amazing. And its the first concert ive ever been to.

First band was The Ghost of a Thousand, they where pretty cool, some kind of screamo hardcore, had nice moshpits and has the wall of death, the band members where going crazy and the singer ran into the crowd. Next was Four Year Strong, not very amazing, nothing special, just random melodic pop hardcore emo thingy. Next, Anti-Flag, the reason i came there. Was insane, loads of stage divers, 3 being me :P at the end they put the drums into the crowd, that was cool too. Next was Alexisonfire, but i dont like them so i left then.

No Borders, No Nations
Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 05:20:11 pm by ultimatedude
Walt - Really, it was the best f*cking concert in my entire life.
#95  November 20, 2009, 08:34:10 am
    • Peru
Tonight The Killers gave a show in Lima, Perú for the first time; I was in line for about 8 hours but in the end it was worth the wait because I was a few meters away from the stage. They really rock and Brandon Flowers is a showman, he really did what he wanted with the crowd. Fuck! It seemed like the show was for us, the people in the front!

I was really surprised on how some of their songs gain force when they perform live, like Spaceman.

Oh Walt, I specially recorded this for you.

Best. Damn. Thing. Ever.
#96  November 25, 2009, 06:49:17 pm
Double post, i but i dont care

It was fucking amazing, i went in a few most pits and circle pits. There was also a wall of death, that was amazing too. And i crowd surfed 3 times. This was just so amazing. And its the first concert ive ever been to.

First band was The Ghost of a Thousand, they where pretty cool, some kind of screamo hardcore, had nice moshpits and has the wall of death, the band members where going crazy and the singer ran into the crowd. Next was Four Year Strong, not very amazing, nothing special, just random melodic pop hardcore emo thingy. Next, Anti-Flag, the reason i came there. Was insane, loads of stage divers, 3 being me :P at the end they put the drums into the crowd, that was cool too. Next was Alexisonfire, but i dont like them so i left then.

heh, i found a video of one of my stage dives, my first ever so its very lame but meh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nGdXbV7Rsw

im at 1:20

No Borders, No Nations
screw you, Sicily
#97  November 26, 2009, 02:08:41 am
  • bd poster :D
    • Italy
    • http://emanuelepepi.tk
Om, January 27, Milan.
(spending almost half of my paycheck for them, since serious bands don't tour in Sicily. I should have born in South California, damn it.  --;)
Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 02:12:43 am by mulambo
#98  November 26, 2009, 03:15:19 am
  • SNK is life
#99  November 27, 2009, 08:38:12 pm
  • wanna match bowls
I'm gonna see The Exploited in some weeks. :D

hhahaha sweet!  where at?   i saw them like 2 yrs ago.  crazy show everyone got on stage while playin sex and violence
#100  November 30, 2009, 05:59:40 pm
Call me a wannabe pop punk guy but im going to see Billy Talent in January
And possibly NoMeansNo in April

No Borders, No Nations