YesNoOk

Brian Griffin [Preview thread finished]  (Read 10919 times)

Started by [IN]famous, March 12, 2012, 04:36:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Brian Griffin [Family Guy] (94%) Preview
#21  March 18, 2012, 02:03:33 am
  • Gold rush!!!
    • darkspindoctormugen.webs.com/
yes its bad darkspindoctor made it and its TERRRRIBLE

Any link? Now I want to see it more.  :) A shame if it is so bad because the character has potential. Basically you're saying the character needs to be re-made?

I would love for someone to remake it. I am just plain bad at making my own sprites. I recently made a new character called "The Hunter" from Left 4 Dead. He's not the best, but a hell of a lot better than Roger! Cheers!
Re: Brian Griffin [Family Guy] (98%) Preview
#22  March 18, 2012, 02:14:10 pm
I might of missed if this was mentioned or not, what type of gameplay with he have?

Umm, that is something I haven't got into yet or thought about. He is built over your standard kung fu man v-ism style so the moves are the same as that. However, I have customised it a bit further and changed the sprite animation for some of the moves. As far as having anything fancy, I don't know how to do that yet. :)

But there isn't a video preview or a release yet...

... no. no video prieview. :( I don't know how to do them.
Release, within a week to 9-10 days. ;D I could work on it forever if I wanted to but I want to relese it asair. ;D I already have an awesome second character in the works! I need to get Brian out the way so I can devote more time to my #2. :p

O' Hi btw.  :sugoi:

Wow man for a first your actually very good :D ive tried makn a char but its so confusing is it possible to make a Tut of the basics?
Very talented char you've made Awesome  ;)

Hey thanks! I hope you enjoy it once it's released.

[in red] If you mean can I write a tutorial about basics, no. Sorry. I don't have the time. All I will say is a good % of anything I know about mugen and character making ect. ect. I have read about here and learned myself from tutorials already posted. ;D
80%
Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:53:54 pm by [IN]famous
#23  March 18, 2012, 03:04:10 pm
. .

Another color and small portrait(wip)

80%
#24  March 18, 2012, 04:32:04 pm
  • Gold rush!!!
    • darkspindoctormugen.webs.com/
. .

Another color and small portrait(wip)

Just out of curiosity, is his large portrait shaded? I like when those are shading, just gives a good look to the character. Also, I'm looking forward to this creation! Good luck in creating!
#25  March 18, 2012, 09:23:28 pm
Lol @DarkSpinDoctor for quoting the entire post. 

Can't wait to see how this turns out.
#26  March 18, 2012, 09:33:18 pm
  • Was it something I said?
#27  March 18, 2012, 11:16:00 pm
Yep, looks like he is trying to hump Stewie.
#28  March 19, 2012, 08:26:02 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Win state decider - CNS difficulty: basic

[Statedef 180]
type = S

[State 180, 1]
type = VarRandom
trigger1 = Time = 0
v = 1
range = 1,4

[State 180, 2] ;Chance of DOOM! <--- Classic quote.
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = command = "hold_a"
trigger2 = Var(1) = 1
value = 181

[State 180, 3] ;PBJT <--- Hells Yeah.
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = command = "hold_b"
trigger2 = Var(1) = 2
value = 1301

[State 180, 4] ;Mojito <---  8) It's not a gay drink.
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = command = "hold_c"
trigger2 = Var(1) = 3
value = 1300

[State 180, 5] ;Weenie and the Butt <--- ;D
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = command = "hold_x"
trigger2 = Var(1) = 4
value = 1302
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a sample of what's in store.

8)
80%
#29  March 19, 2012, 11:12:22 am
  • 5 yrs Straight (on mugen) xD
I might of missed if this was mentioned or not, what type of gameplay with he have?

Umm, that is something I haven't got into yet or thought about. He is built over your standard kung fu man v-ism style so the moves are the same as that. However, I have customised it a bit further and changed the sprite animation for some of the moves. As far as having anything fancy, I don't know how to do that yet. :)

But there isn't a video preview or a release yet...

... no. no video prieview. :( I don't know how to do them.
Release, within a week to 9-10 days. ;D I could work on it forever if I wanted to but I want to relese it asair. ;D I already have an awesome second character in the works! I need to get Brian out the way so I can devote more time to my #2. :p

O' Hi btw.  :sugoi:

Wow man for a first your actually very good :D ive tried makn a char but its so confusing is it possible to make a Tut of the basics?
Very talented char you've made Awesome  ;)

Hey thanks! I hope you enjoy it once it's released.

[in red] If you mean can I write a tutorial about basics, no. Sorry. I don't have the time. All I will say is a good % of anything I know about mugen and character making ect. ect. I have read about here and learned myself from tutorials already posted. ;D

Thanks man :D i know ill have fun with this char  :D
Time to kick ass and  chew bubblegum... but im all out of gum
#30  March 22, 2012, 02:31:19 pm
. . .

Hey MFG!  :sugoi:

So here are the 4 palettes that I have nearly completed thus far, there may be one or two more? I'm not sure yet. I've included an Evil Stewie palette and a Pink Brian palette from when he gets spraypainted by some young thugs. ;P
Question- Is making a palette or doing what i've just done above considered 'color seperation'? I see that written alot around here and just wanted to know what the answer was. Thanks in advance. :D

So far i've included 4 different win states, each a classic line or quote from the show AND a custom intro when he vs Peter!  8) I still think the sound needs a bit more work, and maybe even a few more. :D

I'll keep you updated! Hopefully i'm releasing within a week!  :sugoi:

80%
#31  March 22, 2012, 05:04:47 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Question- Is making a palette or doing what i've just done above considered 'color seperation'? I see that written alot around here and just wanted to know what the answer was. Thanks in advance. :D
Nope, normal palette making and Color separation are two very different things

Just to show that they are different I have provided a rough example
It's nothing fancy though

As you can see Brian has alot of weird colors on one set of his sprites
I have added additional colors to Brian so how would be able to look like he's wearing clothes (As you can see from the Peter Griffin themed palette) with that separation there Brian could have many outcomes, but hey...it's not Jmorphman style but you get what I mean :P
These sprites are not properly indexed so making palettes from them would suck

Sorry if I didn't explain it so well, I'm sure someone like Jmorphman would be able to provide useful information about color separation
#32  March 24, 2012, 02:14:12 am
Haha, pink Brian...good one.  You know it's going to be funny seeing Brian  vs "Giant Wasp Hive"  It will be like the Star Wars ep when he shots a bee hive and gets attacked.
Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:27:33 am by Zingo
#33  March 28, 2012, 03:43:06 pm
Sorry if I didn't explain it so well, I'm sure someone like Jmorphman would be able to provide useful information about color separation

Thanks for the tips, every little bit helps.  :sugoi:

Haha, pink Brian...good one.  You know it's going to be funny seeing Brian  vs "Giant Wasp Hive"  It will be like the Star Wars ep when he shots a bee hive and gets attacked.

:D haha, sounds to me like you're going to enjoy this character!

---

Hey MFG!  :sugoi:

The time has come!

I'm just getting the links sorted, some up to date screenshots, and a few other things apparently you need to release a good character (on advise from a few helpful MFG members and contributors, you know who you are. :) )

I suppose that means that the release is being counted in hours, not even days.  8)

Thankyou to everyone who has posted comments in this thread. ;D Your hints and tips and personal views have all helped to get Brian to where he is at the moment.  :sugoi:

Keep your eyes on the release section!

:sugoi: (this thread can now be closed, thanks)
80%