YesNoOk

Mugenpedia - Mugen Online (Read 44025 times)

Started by wishkah, November 09, 2007, 09:02:07 pm
Share this topic:

wishkah

Mugenpedia - Mugen Online
New #1  November 09, 2007, 09:02:07 pm
Hi!

I am the webmaster of the german M.U.G.E.N community Magic Mugen. I would like to present you our project in this topic.

At first the Mugenpedia. In contrast to the mugen-wiki it is not meant to document the development of M.U.G.E.N but to teach the people how to cope with M.U.G.E.N.
The german part already contains tutorials about adding characters, stages, screenpacks and some general information on M.U.G.E.N
I hope we can develop the Mugenpedia further with your help!

http://mugen-germany.de

Greetings from germany,
wishkah
Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 12:14:18 pm by wishkah
Re: Mugenpedia - Mugen Online
#2  November 09, 2007, 09:55:43 pm
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
What is the progress? I assume that a big snag would be synching.

Also, would one pc be the host then someone can join in? What about chatting features? Would text and the choice of a mic be considered?

Hope your project bodes well.
#3  November 09, 2007, 10:02:41 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
This will be cool for full games.  :D

And its M.U.G.E.N btw  ;)
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#4  November 09, 2007, 10:21:29 pm
  • Bluh bluh, pedantic fuckwit.
    • bluesphereweb.com/~mugen/site/doku.php
Dissection Time!
Hi!
I am the webmaster of the german M.U.G.E.N community Magic Mugen. I would like to present you two of our projects in this topic.
A site with about 300 people that hosts many illegal\crappy works, available to any one who registers. Not the first person I would think of for a mugen wiki, but one can redeem ones' self, can't he?
I.
At first the Mugenpedia.
How original, not confusing at all, and easy to spell.
In contrast to the mugen-wiki it is not meant to document the development of M.U.G.E.N but to teach the people how to cope with M.U.G.E.N.
HAHAHAHAHA you actually think that we are only doing one thing, and we wouldn't get going with tutorials.
The german part already contains tutorials about adding characters, stages, screenpacks and some general information on M.U.G.E.N
English: www.mugenpedia.de
German: www.mugenpedia.de/de]
Right now you people have at most 3 pages. Unimpressive at most.
It's good to see we are popular enough to actually have copycats, hahaha.
The second project is... Mugen Online (by Kaito-Val). I hope you like it  ;)  It still needs some time to be published but take a look at the menu...
We have Infinity Cat, ShugenDo, and Jmugen, but people just have to be impatient enough to make a fourth project. Good idea.

Version 0.3

www.magic-mugen.de
Greetings from germany,
wishkah
Care to explain how this will even work? The GUI is horrible at most, and out of all of the ideas to choose two people you instead think it's a good idea to list despite the fact that it'll be almost impossible to find anything with almost, I don't know, 500 at a time?

Pathetic. I do hope this isn't the biggest Germen Community, they deserve better then this horrible warehouse.
#5  November 09, 2007, 10:39:11 pm
mugenpedia is no more a copy than mugen wiki is of wikipedia. Pretty much they are some dudes trying to do the same thing you are but in a different country. It's not like they are copying you. But then again I have been wrong before so...
#6  November 10, 2007, 02:25:23 am
If they really wanted to do so, they would ask to make a small part to the left of every page stating if there is a parallel of the page in german, like Wikipedia.
Actually that would be one of the best possible things to come out of this, but I doubt that is the case.
#7  November 10, 2007, 08:08:56 am
    • www.wix.com/Gmasta/mugen-page
 :thumbsdown: no way im doing it cause this looks like a mugen bootleg sfo

my site http://www.wix.com/Gmasta/mugen-page NEW RELEASE
A shame. Thats how the MUGEN world is, sadly
#8  November 10, 2007, 09:24:30 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Thats a bit of violence there. Your other points may be good but if they can manage a working mugen clone good for them. Infinity cat which i felt was the most promising has kinda stopped.

Shugendo is ok but some of it's bugs confuse me, cos they're the sort of thing that should happen in every character if theres a bug in the underlying code.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#9  November 10, 2007, 09:29:18 am
Mugen police actors are always senseless, retarded, fascists. Not allowing everything outside their viewpoint in a free universe they seems don´t want to acknowledge it exists as reality.
Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 09:32:22 am by Ohsky
#10  November 10, 2007, 09:41:05 am
  • Notorious Procrastinator
  • Proudly banned from /r/mugen
    • USA
Um.. you know you can cook that GUI up in less than 5 minutes in Visual Studio, it doesn't even have to do anything.  --;
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 09:49:28 am by VinnyJ

DMK

#11  November 10, 2007, 09:53:49 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Oye....I swear these kinda things just irritate me to no end.  :no:

wishkah

#12  November 10, 2007, 10:46:41 am
I.
At first the Mugenpedia.
How original, not confusing at all, and easy to spell.
Yeah, you got it   :dozey:

English: www.mugenpedia.de
German: www.mugenpedia.de/de
Right now you people have at most 3 pages. Unimpressive at most.
Everything starts at some point....

The second project is... Mugen Online (by Kaito-Val). I hope you like it  ;)  It still needs some time to be published but take a look at the menu...
We have Infinity Cat, ShugenDo, and Jmugen, but people just have to be impatient enough to make a fourth project. Good idea.
Despite the fact that all those are M.U.G.E.N clones. This one will work with the original M.U.G.E.N... Why do you humiliate it before you have seen more of it? Try to be objective although you run some own wiki etc...

Pathetic. I do hope this isn't the biggest Germen Community, they deserve better then this horrible warehouse.
I am sorry to disappoint you but it is...  :P

If they really wanted to do so, they would ask to make a small part to the left of every page stating if there is a parallel of the page in german, like Wikipedia.
Actually that would be one of the best possible things to come out of this, but I doubt that is the case.
Actually we are doing that. But as i already mentioned we have just started our project and the English part is completely empty.

Um.. you know you can cook that GUI up in less than 5 minutes in Visual Studio, it doesn't even have to do anything.  --;
The great invention is not the GUI... But congratulations that you can deal with Visual Studio  :sugoi: --;

Thanks to Casey Jones, 9999, Cyanide and Ohsky who try to look at this objectively in contrast to some others...

I will provide you with further information soon...
#13  November 10, 2007, 01:17:19 pm
  • *The Shadow*
    • www.freewebs.com/plaza24
Mugen police actors are always senseless, retarded, fascists. Not allowing everything outside their viewpoint in a free universe they seems don´t want to acknowledge it exists as reality.
:yugoi:
#14  November 10, 2007, 01:31:07 pm
Wishkah: Sorry, just that the idea of a shady competitor didn't really get along with me for a good point.
Go on your own business, although it will be constantly questioned all the way through.
#15  November 10, 2007, 07:29:57 pm
    • Peru
Any details on how the netplay will be implemented?
#16  November 10, 2007, 07:46:35 pm
  • I never really was on your side.
    • www.mugenguild.com/~davidgee
Wow, Claws here is a good example of why free speech doesn't suit a Mugen forum. I mean, what? o_O

Off-topic: Claws pkeffect is the same guy who not long ago spent a few hours or so trying to convince me that he had the source code of Mugen. I had to explain to him why this isn't possible, and he maintained that he wasn't making shit up. What?

EDIT: Didn't know there were two of them. :uhoh:
Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 12:00:21 am by DavidGee
#17  November 10, 2007, 07:49:00 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#18  November 10, 2007, 07:50:23 pm
Are you exposing Ohsky's true identity or what?
#19  November 10, 2007, 07:53:33 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
 ̄\(o_゜)/ ̄
#20  November 10, 2007, 07:54:28 pm
mooojen lord
Hello guys.  I have touched children.
#21  November 10, 2007, 10:44:27 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
What is the progress of VinceJOnline?

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#22  November 10, 2007, 11:03:34 pm
  • Mugen-Wiki Founder
    • pkeffect.com/
Wow, Claws here is a good example of why free speech doesn't suit a Mugen forum. I mean, what? o_O

Off-topic: Claws is the same guy who not long ago spent a few hours or so trying to convince me that he had the source code of Mugen. I had to explain to him why this isn't possible, and he maintained that he wasn't making shit up. What?

I doubt that. That was me not claws who said that. You couldn't explain your way out of a wet paper bag anyway.

I could care less about a another mugen wiki project.

Some of you need other hobbies besides sitting around jerking each other off by the way.

Your one stop M.U.G.E.N. spot.
#23  November 10, 2007, 11:20:57 pm
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
better hobby, like sitting around, posting on a mugen forum?  :D

you could care less about another Wiki, but claws sure got 'something' in a bunch about it...

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#24  November 11, 2007, 12:01:40 am
Off-topic: Claws pkeffect is the same guy who not long ago spent a few hours or so trying to convince me that he had the source code of Mugen. I had to explain to him why this isn't possible, and he maintained that he wasn't making shit up. What?

EDIT: Didn't know there were two of them. :uhoh:

Oops, sorry for the mix-up. Fixed.
#25  November 11, 2007, 07:38:38 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
I fail to see the interest in mugen online. Would there be some sort of limit, so that a person could not be able to use an infinitely cheap character such as [F1], and characters that can never get hit?  ???

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#26  November 11, 2007, 07:42:29 am
  • My college nickname was bi pod
I fail to see the interest in mugen online. Would there be some sort of limit, so that a person could not be able to use an infinitely cheap character such as [F1], and characters that can never get hit?  ???

People don't care about that, they just want to play.

* aLuCaRd_X points at SFO
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

#27  November 11, 2007, 08:55:54 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#28  November 11, 2007, 12:35:08 pm
  • Future SSBB/DSBX (Wii) hacker xD
    • www.freewebs.com/amorphis_x
The history of M.U.G.E.N isn't good because elecbyte is making a new MUGEN, which doesn't support the old chars -.-
天 < 黄泉<> 四劫 > 空劫

zweifele nicht!
#29  November 11, 2007, 01:37:27 pm
Sorry, I haven't been in a good mood lately, and pkeffect has been pretty much busy with his fifty other clients to care about much. So how are these two projects doing, wishkah? Have you made a cleaner way of deciding opponents besides a drop-down menu, and how will one decide characters or stages?

wishkah

#30  November 11, 2007, 01:52:45 pm
Nevermind Claws.

As M.U.G.E.N Online ist just used in closed alpha the current version looks like the following

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8848/configmenuver03mk2.png

So you have to know the person or contact the person via the forum or whatever to play against each other. Both will insert their IP's. Then you will choose your player (character) at the drop-down-field which consists of the characters written in your select.def

In later releases we will implement a chat where you can talk and search an opponent.
#31  November 11, 2007, 06:10:35 pm

Off-topic: Claws is the same guy who not long ago spent a few hours or so trying to convince me that he had the source code of Mugen. I had to explain to him why this isn't possible, and he maintained that he wasn't making shit up. What?

I doubt that. That was me not claws who said that. You couldn't explain your way out of a wet paper bag anyway.

I could care less about a another mugen wiki project.

Some of you need other hobbies besides sitting around jerking each other off by the way.

Like mugen wiki?
#32  November 11, 2007, 11:41:50 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
cant wait to hear more! i am very interested.
#33  November 11, 2007, 11:42:03 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Have you made a cleaner way of deciding opponents besides a drop-down menu, and how will one decide characters or stages?
I'd just like to know what's so bad about using a dropdown menu... you want a full on client for a 2D fighting engine? Why? It seems so redundant and useless, nothing wrong with a dropdown menu, they use it for kaillera so I don't see why they can't use it here.

#34  November 12, 2007, 07:20:24 pm
  • Future SSBB/DSBX (Wii) hacker xD
    • www.freewebs.com/amorphis_x
Yeah, it'll be my favorite online MUGEN 8) 8)
天 < 黄泉<> 四劫 > 空劫

zweifele nicht!
#35  November 12, 2007, 10:24:56 pm
  • In after lock
Have you made a cleaner way of deciding opponents besides a drop-down menu, and how will one decide characters or stages?
I'd just like to know what's so bad about using a dropdown menu... you want a full on client for a 2D fighting engine? Why? It seems so redundant and useless, nothing wrong with a dropdown menu, they use it for kaillera so I don't see why they can't use it here.
It'll be easier to sync to have the client launch Mugen with command line options rather than have each person choose something from their own select screen.

wishkah

#36  November 13, 2007, 07:57:57 am
#37  November 13, 2007, 09:48:09 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
It'll be easier to sync to have the client launch Mugen with command line options rather than have each person choose something from their own select screen.
People can't even add chars and stages in their mugen. How would you want them to type "./winmugen_online capcom/crap/evil_ryu_Lv9001.def *.def -r stages/god_orochi_akuma_stage.def -s EVE_battle" ???
#38  November 13, 2007, 09:51:14 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
LOL

wishkah

#39  November 13, 2007, 02:07:50 pm
People can't even add chars and stages in their mugen. How would you want them to type "./winmugen_online capcom/crap/evil_ryu_Lv9001.def *.def -r stages/god_orochi_akuma_stage.def -s EVE_battle" ???

Good one  ;D But unfortunately it is true  :S

PS: You need to update your signature to .com
#40  November 13, 2007, 02:16:58 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#41  November 13, 2007, 10:07:49 pm
  • JOY TO THE INTENET! ELECBYTE IS BACK!
mugenpedia:good

In Mugen online can we use our mugen chars for battling? reason 4 this question, i want 2 use my favorate chars  :sugoi: , if u dont allow this and restrict chars, then wats the point of doing it then ???
i love the internet, full of trolls and idiots, among other people like whiney kids.

no wonder why the internet is full of followers who do anything just to get 5 minutes of fame

lolihavesanity
#42  November 13, 2007, 10:14:02 pm
  • My college nickname was bi pod
To be honest i think he is just lying about the Online thing to get more clicks on his page, i mean, in every post he post the same image, and like VinceJ said, it's easy to make a GUI like that or even make it in paint...
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

wishkah

#43  November 13, 2007, 10:15:51 pm
We will record a video and give proof of our reliability  --;... Just wait some time
#44  November 14, 2007, 08:05:37 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
That's why I prefer MWC ;P

Good flamewars here :P I want to see more sites like Mugen Wiki or Mugenpedia, so that "copycat" fight I think is pointless... and about MUGEN Online, I prefer to quote N-Mario in MI forum:
Sorry but I'm going to need to see some more "proof" of this thing actually working before I buy this. Right now, I'm still with VinnyJ (over on MFG forum's topic). It looks nothing more than a quick Visual Basic/Visual Studio job.

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#45  November 15, 2007, 12:26:22 am
  • In after lock
Mugen Online program-a-jig would launch params via commandline. ;)  It'd be too difficult to, for instance, launch Mugen Online program-a-jig, then launch Mugen have the rest of the thing transparent to the user.

wishkah

New #46  November 16, 2007, 03:48:13 pm
I will show you some articles of Mugenpedia now. If you have got suggestions please let me know! (By the way i asked for permission for M.U.G.E.N)

http://mugenpedia.de/en/Elecbyte
http://mugenpedia.de/en/M.U.G.E.N
http://mugenpedia.de/en/File_Structure

http://mugenpedia.de/en/Characters
http://mugenpedia.de/en/Adding_Characters

http://mugenpedia.de/en/Stages
http://mugenpedia.de/en/Adding_Stages

http://mugenpedia.de/en/Screenpacks
http://mugenpedia.de/en/Adding_Screenpacks

There is interlingual linking between those articles which exist in both languages.
Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 07:51:47 pm by wishkah