Started by Cyanide, August 25, 2007, 02:20:36 am
Share this topic:
Pocket Terry
#1  August 25, 2007, 02:20:36 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
This is pretty simple really. Wrote a mini tut on making this character and wound up doing him myself.

Sprites have been recoloured by Neocide (thanks  :sugoi:)
Sound out of Roken's Terry (yes i have permission)

Currently done.
All the normal movement and gethits
Evade
KoF's short and super jumps
Base coding on all supers and specials has been mapped out.
Dizzy.
Guard crush to come. Things are faster when you have a previous character to use the code from.

Fun stuff. He's NOT going to be accurate to pocket Terry or any other Terry. Accuracy is not the idea here, just something simple and fun. He won't be overpowered though.

Specials
Crack shoot
Power dunk
kick back
burn knuckle
Rising tackle
Fire kick (was in the faq, 2 part move, slide kick to launcher type kick)

Supers
Power Geyser
High angle Geyser
Buster Wolf
Power Stream

Supers run on Garou's system. S and P supers activated via light and heavy buttons. Need to tweak how they act so it's actually worth using the level 2 ones a little more.

Sounds have had the pitch changed, not a huge amount but terry sounds small.

Later on may become a full edit but right now just simple.

Still to go, damage and hitdef tweaking. Finish power stream. hitsparks.

I believe that's everything.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 02:38:41 am by Lv3 P.o.t.S.
Re: Pocket Terry
#2  August 25, 2007, 02:22:44 am
  • the result of mario vs the aliens
I cant wait i've been looking for a pocket terry everywhere! i got a question is there one made or is this the only one?
im back.....
#3  August 25, 2007, 02:49:02 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
I wouldn't know? I asked in "Does this thing exist" about them. The answer was pocket athena and SNKCAP tag team.

I figured that was a good enough reason to start this.

Most of the FX are out of the original game and have just had blur applied to them. They look rather good i think.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#4  August 25, 2007, 02:53:10 am
cool, I like the new sfx, looks really good.
#5  August 25, 2007, 08:55:01 am
  • Im Back !!
 ;P  jeje great tiny edit.

Cool mini P. Geyser efects!   :sugoi:

I will wait for him... ;D
[img resized=1 width=350 height=100 alt=" border="0]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s208/Jeknel/firma-1.gif[/img]
#6  August 25, 2007, 02:15:33 pm
It looks great, i really like the blur

and, there is another Pocket Terry because I found and have one XD but This looks like a better one. And, I like your Lifebars, did you make them?

No Borders, No Nations
#7  August 26, 2007, 07:16:39 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Yep, they're rubbish. Out of the Teen Titans GBA game. No they're not available cos they suck.

They're not part of this topic either.

Added correct damages and hitsparks to all moves today. Still need guardsparks and alignment of hitsparks.

Forgot, also need to do the throws.

#8  August 27, 2007, 03:37:28 am
  • JD
    • www.freewebs.com/jerrydrizzt
Wow, Cyanides making another Character so soon ><, Well it looks Cool so far Cyanide, good Luck with him. I like the Looks of Him cant wait ^^.
#9  August 27, 2007, 04:09:02 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
Neat stuff from the look of it so far.

Judging from the hi-res pic, the effect for the Power Stream could be a wee bit taller, since it's not reaching the top of the screen by a pixel.

Dare I suggest that when he get palettes one will resemble his E Normal look from KoF MI2? I'm rather fond of that one, so if you provide a pic so palattes can be made from it I'd be glad to help.
#10  August 27, 2007, 09:03:15 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Yeah, that effect is being redone.

Palletes are pretty simple really, he uses about 6 colours in total, and one is black. If you're interested i'll stick a pic into this topic some time. If i like it and don't get swamped it'll probably go in.

There's a few things i'd like to seperate colours on but that may not happen.

#11  August 27, 2007, 10:34:04 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
If you want a unique move,you could add a super power wave from the old anime series,which is a bigger ,more damaging and groundshaking power wave,just a suggestion though,not ordering or requesting.

Will he have KOF's guard cancel blowback and guard cancel emergency evade?

Power stream FX looks a bit washed out and its 2 pixels short,the other fx are perfect.

And one last thing,Terry has a lighter shade of red on his normal palletes in both cvs2 and kof 2002,etc.

Will be looking forward to him.  :sugoi:

#12  August 27, 2007, 09:00:51 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
Palletes are pretty simple really, he uses about 6 colours in total, and one is black. If you're interested i'll stick a pic into this topic some time. If i like it and don't get swamped it'll probably go in.

There's a few things i'd like to seperate colours on but that may not happen.

I thuogh I'd already invited you to post an example sprite to work from in my post, but sure thing, go ahead.

Since I was messing with Fight-A-Base to reply to a different topic, here's a link to most of Terry's looks in several games, for inspiration:

http://www.fenixware.net/fab/fabCharCostume.asp?char=terry1_faf&sort=game
#13  September 08, 2007, 12:36:06 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Ok so i haven't really done much for the past week although i did take some time to change the power stream effect (again) and give his hitdefs accurate damage ala garou.

For those of you up for palletes

I know there's no seperation. I'll finish him and then consider it, or someone might make the sprite look more like the one on FX's webpage and he'll look like that instead so please don't bother for the moment.

#14  September 08, 2007, 12:55:40 am
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
i have been wanted to code these chars to, i just cant do such big "recolor" and stuffs (Shadings?).
Blurs Ftw :yes:

Offtopic stuffs:
Can you get on msn? XD Boredom sucks D=
My shitty mugen stuff:
#15  September 08, 2007, 01:29:46 am
Looks sweet, Cyanide. With your experience with these sort of characters, I'd imagine how great Terry's going to come out to be.

I would've digged a MOTW outfit better (considering his Power Stream) but I guess that wouldn't really work because I see a '98 Power Wave there. And it's a bit too much work than it's worth anyway, I guess.

I'd say:
- Make S.Buster Wolf hit 3 times (one for the start-up punch, and 2 for the actual Buster Wolf) then make P.Buster Wolf hit 6 times, where the actual Buster Wolf is bigger (scale = 1.5,1.5?).
- Power Geyser and High Angle Geyser are pretty much self-explanatory for the S/P versions. For Power Geyser make him do a Triple Geyser instead, and for High Angle Geyser make him finish off with a bigger Geyser hitting more times or just another Triple Geyser.
- As for Power Stream, just make the S version hit less times than the P version I guess, not much to add to it, I think.
- Ideas for Power Wave? You have to use something among the lines of MI. They look sweet. If not, his Garou Power Wave looks alright, even his old FF ones, just not that tiny KOF Power Wave. (This is of course for the whole screen Power Wave, not the '98 one)
- Add fun to Terry? Make his Dunk juggle! W00t for combo videos with this little beast!

Good luck with whatever you have in mind. :)
#16  September 08, 2007, 01:56:55 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Power wave does it like garou, 1 big one and 3 less damage ones for the other super.

Haven't looked into high angle geyser much yet, currently it's just more damage and a little more distance on the dash. Buster wolf is the same as garou, although scaling up the lvl2 version's effect sounds like a good plan. (done)

I have a few sprites to fix up from dodgy recolours, there's a couple of moves where the seat of his pants is red rather than blue. It's hard to tell sometimes.

Intro and the classic throw away hat winpose to be done and some sounds need changing still.

#17  September 08, 2007, 05:10:19 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
I wish I had more pics of the KoF MI2 alternates, but the site I showed before will have to do for now - here's what the current palette allowed as an aproximation:

#18  September 30, 2007, 02:48:48 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Got power stream looking right finally

Damage and give/getpower values extracted from Garou except for the moves he doesn't have (high angle geyser for eg) taken those from 2k2.

Velocities are made up cos he's small.

Intro, done, winpose done. Guard crush and dizzy done. All sparks and crap sorted out. Need to make some act files. 5 more sounds to apply the munchkin effect to. Then i'll probably be releasing.