YesNoOk

Ziltama's Stage & Screenpack W.I.P. Thread (formerly known as Sexy Thread) (Read 46251 times)

Started by ziltama, November 02, 2007, 07:59:55 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ziltama's Stage & Screenpack W.I.P. Thread (formerly known as Sexy Thread)
#121  February 13, 2008, 06:35:40 am
    • www-personal.umich.edu/~tdkim/ziltama/
i gotta small off topic question, how do you change the font for the options screen?

aside that, the screenpack looks pretty good, the title screen looks awesome, but it lacks ken, dan, or even sakura.

f-4x6.fnt and f-6x9.fnt are required fonts, but they can be modified.  I say it's a work-around method because you're still stuck with one-colored, small fonts.

Sometimes, less is more.  Too many characters = too much clutter.  Besides, all the people you mentioned are not linked like the two people I have on the title screen.

uh ryon i think he is not trying to sway in 1 company or series over the other like he is trying to put all of each in his screenpack..... also the vs. screen why does it say "Fight For What" ?

It's scrolling text.  I really can't think of anything for the VS screen.  I'll probably end up scrapping the versus screen.  Maybe I'll think of something this weekend.

It says "Fight For What's Right.  Fight For Your Life."

Hmm, lightbulb just went off in my head, but I'll need to do lots of editing.

Edit: (click on thumbnail)
Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 11:26:38 am by ziltama
#122  February 13, 2008, 12:07:50 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
On this last image, I don't like the font you've used for the names.

Also, having a line (the sea/sky one... called skyline IINM) passing behind the portraits isn't very nice. Mayeb you could apply a little image with alpha behind the portrait, so that the line appears less, sort of blurring it.
Lightbulbs doens't seem bad.

"Fight fo your destiny" seems more challenging than "fight for your life", but well, your call.
#123  February 13, 2008, 12:11:25 pm
Ya, still remnants from Saikyo screenpack (fonts).  Same with window positioning.

I was thinking of Hulk Hogan's theme at the time: Rick Derringer's Real American.
#124  February 13, 2008, 02:22:23 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
Holk Hogan = Excellent Song Choice!

also "Fight For Whats Right" oh yeah you've been listening to Hulk's song a bit to much.
#125  February 13, 2008, 02:26:41 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I may just end up scrapping the vs screen altogether for a new one.
It'd be nice if you kept the frames around the portraits, I did the same thing on the half-assed screenpack I use when testing stuff 'cause it makes it easier to see if the portraits are correctly positioned.

It lacks the extra care you gave to the select screen, but then again I suppose it's just because lo-res isn't half as fun to handle. I hate it when I post without noticing a new page. :wacko:
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#126  February 13, 2008, 04:39:51 pm
  • Dark Side Maniac
On this last image, I don't like the font you've used for the names.

+1

the rest seems fine to me, maybe it looks a bit "simple" but I should wait to see that in real-time to judge. My suggestion could be to add some sort of animation in the "vs" logo, like make it appearing from nowhere and such.
By the way, as said, it's your call  :P
#127  February 15, 2008, 06:41:17 am
My stages and screenpacks are always in motion.  No static screens allowed.

Updated VS Screen: (click on thumbnail)
#128  February 15, 2008, 09:46:18 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Overall much much better, not to say very good. :)
The blurring behind the portrait does the job perfectly, and the light bulbs seem nice. Will they go from down to up for both portrait or will it go down/up for one and up/down for another (yeah, that very minor stuff, I'm just curious :P).

Concerning the fonts, I'm still not completely fond, as they seem a little dirty, but they do the job nevertheless. Anyway, you can see that the "G" of Johnny Cage is covered by the name underneath. You may want to fix that.
#129  February 15, 2008, 05:20:17 pm
My stages and screenpacks are always in motion.  No static screens allowed.

Updated VS Screen: (click on thumbnail)

Best Quote of the year, this far.

Looks great. This will be a great screenpack for my High-res Mugen.
#130  February 16, 2008, 09:42:44 am
That was a test run of a new 12pt font (only has letters, no numbers or symbols).  I can't vary the heights between the fonts for simultaneous fights on the vs screen.  I'm gonna try 10pt font sizes next.  It looks dirty blown up in low-res due to ClearType changes.  Forgot to disable it.
Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 09:57:28 am by ziltama
#131  February 18, 2008, 03:44:26 am
Click on thumbnail:

Updated title & VS screens again.  Note: Kisarah's portrait is off, not the screenpack's silver frame.

I think I'm basically done with the barebones screenpack.  Need to do some final tweaking.

I basically remade the mother brain scene from Phantasy Star 2 for the VS screen backdrop.  Those aren't lightbulbs.  They're supposed to represent 3 planets in the Algo system.  I did add a colorized transparent layer that floats around a little.  The seemingly simple looking vs logo consists of 15 pixel line layers.