YesNoOk

Nina(tekken), Litchi(Blazblue) and Yaoshi(Zhanhun) Released (Read 95128 times)

Started by qysurg, March 08, 2013, 04:23:59 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Nina(tekken), Litchi(Blazblue) and Yaoshi(Zhanhun) Released
#41  March 13, 2013, 04:05:51 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
and what of those cases when there is nothing good to say about a character time.
#42  March 13, 2013, 04:18:13 pm
    • USA
    • speedy9199.webs.com/index.htm
I've never really seen a character that there was absolutely NO redeeming value. Is it that hard to find at least 1 thing good about a character even though it is not the best? I admit it myself, it is actually easier to find negative things about a character that is not the "best" but saying a good thing might raise the creator's confidence about improving their creation than saying everything that is bad.
The answer to most of your mugen problems is to know more math.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 04:23:24 pm by Speedy9199
#43  March 13, 2013, 04:35:23 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it's not necessary to soften the blow, just don't add anything that makes it worse.
so, if let's say speedy's characters play nothing like hte original game I should just say :

speedy's noel plays nothing like hte original game

and not:

speedy is a fucking idiot whose shitty characters don't even play like the original game.

[EDIT]

this is just an example, I have nto tried speedy's characters.
#44  March 13, 2013, 04:54:04 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
I've never really seen a character that there was absolutely NO redeeming value. Is it that hard to find at least 1 thing good about a character even though it is not the best? I admit it myself, it is actually easier to find negative things about a character that is not the "best" but saying a good thing might raise the creator's confidence about improving their creation than saying everything that is bad.

The primary purpose of feedback is to outline what can be improved. Providing positive feedback doesn't really contribute to any kind of improvement, but I will agree with you that it can at least give the author an idea of whether or not the author got something right; if its right then he has confirmation that he implemented the move correctly and if its wrong then he's told that its wrong and that he/she needs to work on it. Alot of feedback I've seen will often point out "this move is wrong" without going into detail as to why its wrong, probably under the assumption that the way the move operates is universal common knowledge or something. You have to take into account the numerous mugen authors who've never played any fighting games outside of Mugen.

But pretty much was E said, if you're going to point out flaws in a character, at least try to make it as neutral as possible. Nothing about Arpa's feedback was that insulting except for possibly the comment about MUGEN screaming at him to make the debug flood stop, but I see that more as Arpa trying to illustrate just how bad the issue is by using a metaphor rather than something that was intentionally malicious (essentially something along the lines of someone listening to a high-pitched screeching noise coming from defective speakers and covering their ears and yelling out loud in response to their discomfort, its more of a knee-jerk reaction than a "OHMYGODSHUTHEFUCKUPORILLKILLYOURWHOLEFAMILY" response)

GLB

#45  March 14, 2013, 02:37:18 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
The creator of these characters said he'd update the characters and post the links later in his last post, he may have been a bit immature about receiving the feedback at first but obviously he's applying it. I love how you all revive an argument that's days old and completely over already.

I'm sure he'll update the links eventually, and hopefully he'll be better about receiving the feedback this time.