YesNoOk

Retsu, Geki, Lee, and Joe -- and SF1 Ryu (Street Fighter Alpha style) (Read 208744 times)

Started by SiL3Nt J, June 27, 2017, 06:35:26 pm
Re: SF1 Ryu, Retsu and Geki in Street Fighter Alpha style
#161  September 24, 2017, 08:57:21 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Have to admit... This one looks really fine. Well, pre-last sprite feels slightly off the motion, but this one looks really nice.
Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 09:08:17 am by Trololo
#162  September 24, 2017, 10:07:34 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Cool job.
With some custom color he will be perfect!
#163  September 24, 2017, 05:14:25 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Well thanks. I was thinking for his crouching heavy punch he could have Johnny Cage's split and crotch punch, then for his jumping heavy kick he could have some sort of split kick, just to make him different from Dee Jay.

Also, just finished his standing attacks:

Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 06:32:20 pm by SiL3Nt J
#164  September 25, 2017, 09:14:52 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Took a jab at his blocking animation:

#165  September 26, 2017, 08:54:54 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Tried to re-create his sf1 death sprite:

Also, colored his pants:

#166  September 26, 2017, 05:19:35 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Almost done with his "Punch Combo," just need to add an uppercut at the end. Thanks to firejoker54 for ripping the Honda sprites:

Also, had 2 ideas for his supers:

"Psychotic Conductor" - Double QCF + K - Joe does his jumping spin kick over and over again while moving horizontally. The strength of the button pressed determines how many kicks he does. Similar to the super Cody has where he dashes forward.

"Trainyard Tornado" - Double QCB + K - Joe does his jumping spin kick over and over again while moving vertically. The strength of the button pressed determines how many kicks he does. Similar to Ken's shinryuken or Akuma's vertical  hurricane kick super from MvC2.
#167  September 26, 2017, 05:24:21 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
...sorry for harshness, dude, but ideas are totally lame.
Man, you're really not even trying to pull everything you could out of Joe.
P.S.: don't believe your animation finished. You still need to make transitions between hits and some recoveries before these transitions...
#168  September 26, 2017, 05:33:33 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
I was going to give him the transitions that I gave the punches. What did you suggest? I could think of some more things, but I was trying to keep him really basic. Was thinking he could be like SF2 Balrog/E Honda and just have a couple of charge moves but no projectiles. I was also going to give him a "Dash" move that functions like Akuma's teleport so he can avoid projectiles. I don't want to get too far off of what he was in SF1 though.
#169  September 27, 2017, 06:15:06 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Hehe, just finished this. Was going to use this as his jumping heavy kick:

Also, finished up his rapid punch special. Tried to make it similar to Joe Higashi's:

Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 08:45:55 pm by SiL3Nt J
Re: SF1 Ryu, Joe, Retsu, Geki and Lee (Street Fighter Alpha style)
#170  September 28, 2017, 02:56:59 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
I know I'm late saying this, but.... Dee-Jay as the base for this? Interesting..... Okay.
Comparing the original SF1, and your Dee-Jay edits, I could see it slightly working. Although yet others don't seem to like the idea of a Dee-Jay recolor.
Maybe the pants could be less baggy, and maybe draw in the belt.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#171  September 28, 2017, 05:21:29 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Hehe, just finished this. Was going to use this as his jumping heavy kick:

That kick...
It doesn't fit to Joe too much, but it gave me an idea about haw to make him better, technicaly leaving him the same. Try to add some moves with Jean Claud Van Damme's vibes. In your way of making Joe it could be a perfect decision.

I know I'm late saying this, but.... Dee-Jay as the base for this? Interesting..... Okay.
Comparing the original SF1, and your Dee-Jay edits, I could see it slightly working. Although yet others don't seem to like the idea of a Dee-Jay recolor.
Maybe the pants could be less baggy, and maybe draw in the belt.

I don't think his pants should be less baggy because they in original sprites kinda WERE baggy himself.
But yeah, he definitely needs to draw it into jeans with a belt and also to add shoes
Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 05:32:22 am by Trololo
#172  September 28, 2017, 05:28:35 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Hmm ok, well I just thought Dee Jay would be a good base since they both had similar moves and they were both shirtless with pants...

Lol and Trololo, the split kick was one of Van Damme's main moves:

#173  September 28, 2017, 05:38:07 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Also, something I thought about adding was this since it looks very Van Dammeish. Actually I was looking at Dee Jay's sprite sheet and a lot of his moves seem to be similar to Van Damme's. Was thinking about adding this as an overhead attack, NOT as a jumping attack but maybe as some kind of 'special normal' where you hold forward and press heavy kick:

#174  September 28, 2017, 05:38:33 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Yes, but he did it in spinning way, not in animated by you.

But still, I'm not sayin' you need to delete it. It kinda could be used as NEUTRAL jumping HK.
Also, really. Think about Ball Busting. XD

And about Ball Busting... I kinda forgot that Jean Claude was also used as a reference for Johnny Cage from MK. You could also try to look into his moves actually...
Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 05:44:09 am by Trololo
#175  September 28, 2017, 05:43:38 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Lol yeah but that's what I was gonna kind of do with the overhead kick. Also, I saw this picture:

And I was going to give him the ball bust move too for his crouching heavy punch.
#176  September 28, 2017, 05:53:19 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
And I was going to give him the ball bust move too for his crouching heavy punch.

Meeeeh... No, this won't work. The move is too hard damaging to be done as simple CHP. Especially from a seating position. This won't work like you think.
I personally think this could work just fine as part of counter or standing dodge... Or, at least, as a simplistic special move.
#177  September 28, 2017, 06:01:53 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
hmm. maybe it could work that way. I remember Kim Dragon from World Heroe's had that move in one version of the game as his crouching heavy punch. I just figured it would make him different from Dee Jay. If not, maybe it could have something like a charge down, then press up + punch command. I really want him to be a charge character.

Another idea I had too, for a different move, was to either give him a regular throw, or some kind of special move throw where he throws the opponent on the ground and mounts on top of them and then throws punches like a UFC fighter. It would be like Sean's move but without the dash. But it would make him more like a street fighter.
#178  September 28, 2017, 06:11:32 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Well... Sorry, but I kinda don't get your wish to make Joe charger. The guy is supposed to be aggressive, while CHARGE gameplay is mostly about patience and turtling.
But still, that's just my vision of him... If you want to make him Charger, then you need to choose his moves better. So, I don't think that vertical charge is good idea for standing move with no vertical attack. Usually vertically charged moves can be used as antiair in MORE (Guile's Somersailt kick) or LESS (DeeJay's Machinegun Upper) way. Crouching straight punch for such command just won't work, believe me. A perfect decision here would be "D,D,D+P".

And about High Mounting. That's actually quite an idea. But I think it also won't work too much without any forward momentum. Also, you may not believe me, but I personally think that this move also should be BLOCKABLE and HARSHLY punishable. So, I suggest you make this move one of the follow-ups for your upcoming Dodging Dash.
#179  September 28, 2017, 08:22:52 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
I just thought that making him a charger would make his moves more devastating and give them a quicker recovery. Also, they seem to be dying off so it would be good to see one again. If the SF1 characters ever came back, I think they should have a theme like that -- moves that have similar move commands.

I was thinking about the mount punches too, I wouldn't want it to be blockable because then it would have to have some sort of start up animation and I don't want it to be too similar to Abel/Sean's move where they rush forward. Maybe it could be like Yamazaki's Guillotine - A highly damaging, unblockable, mashable super that has short range and long recovery. That way too, it wouldn't have to change his move commands too much. It would be cool for him to have a bad ass grapple move like that so he could compete with the grapplers.

Btw, just finished these. Worked on them all morning:

#180  September 29, 2017, 12:21:35 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
I wouldn't suggest you make Joe a grappler at all... But this is YOUR vision of him...
Then the only thing I can say is that such Mounting Takedown is really hard to execute while standing on one spot. Besides, just try to think about how his WHIFF shall look, when he is supposed to grab enemy's LEGS.
So I could suggest you slightly different way for this move. I suggest you go here with CLINCH TAKEDOWNS.
This one would do the job nicely, especially if after takedown Joe would stay on his legs and start his facefisting instead of trying to lie down and choke like this guy did.