YesNoOk

LootAnime or Akibento? (Read 5398 times)

Started by CarmenRider, September 28, 2018, 10:53:27 pm
Share this topic:
LootAnime or Akibento?
#1  September 28, 2018, 10:53:27 pm
    • USA
I asked this question on Reddit but I'm asking here just to be sure. What do you guys think I should get? I'm thinking of getting one of these monthly crates but I don't know which is worth it or not. So which one would you guys recommend?
EDIT: Thank you for your input, I have decided that I will be getting Akibento
Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 07:22:26 pm by BookWormGreen
Re: LootAnime or Akibento?
#2  September 28, 2018, 10:56:26 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Neither, lootcrates are a scam

Good talk
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#3  September 28, 2018, 10:58:29 pm
    • USA
#4  September 28, 2018, 11:24:05 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Do you have like a, box unpacking channel or something?

Because if you just want random anime shit Speed is right, and impulsive individual purchases would be cheaper for you.

lui

#5  September 28, 2018, 11:29:16 pm
    • USA
problem with lootboxes is that 1/30 times will there be stuff of actual quality.

most of the time lootboxes just have random shit that you can buy for like 5 bucks that isnt realllly worth much, and it ends up cluttering everything
#6  September 28, 2018, 11:30:05 pm
    • USA
Do you have like a, box unpacking channel or something?

Because if you just want random anime shit Speed is right, and impulsive individual purchases would be cheaper for you.

Well I was considering it for my YT channel, (since MFFA is down its a good time to branch out) but the main reasons are that 1. My BrickLoot (LEGO loot crate) ran out and I got bored of it. 2. I like the random chance involved in what I get (insert rawr xd joke here). Plus Normal Boots wont stop talking about LootCrate and now I'm interested
#7  September 28, 2018, 11:30:38 pm
    • USA
problem with lootboxes is that 1/30 times will there be stuff of actual quality.

most of the time lootboxes just have random shit that you can buy for like 5 bucks that isnt realllly worth much, and it ends up cluttering everything

I have low standards so... yeah
#8  September 28, 2018, 11:33:08 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
It depends on what you want. I heard that LootAnime has better stuff since they've been around longer, but Akibento can sometimes show up LootAnime. I think you should go with LootAnime but Speed is right though, at the end, you can just buy the stuff yourself. But if you like stuff like that then go ahead.
#9  September 28, 2018, 11:42:12 pm
    • USA
Do you have an example of Akibento showing up LootAnime?
#10  September 28, 2018, 11:59:43 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#11  September 29, 2018, 12:10:04 am
    • USA
#12  September 29, 2018, 12:16:57 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, which is why some people feel kinda ripped off cause the quality is kinda dodgy.
#13  September 29, 2018, 12:24:53 am
    • USA
Yeah, which is why some people feel kinda ripped off cause the quality is kinda dodgy.

Again I have low standards. I mean, I unironically like Adam Sandler. When a person does that, their standards cant be any lower
#14  September 29, 2018, 12:56:12 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#15  September 29, 2018, 02:16:16 am
    • USA

Well, you'll pprobably like LootAnime then.
[/quote]
IDK if that's a point for LootAnime or Akibento, thanks for your input though
#16  September 29, 2018, 04:35:32 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
go to the dollar store and buy five random items
print out some anime waifus and then tape them onto the dollar store junk

congrats you saved yourself $15 or whatever lootbox subscription services sell for nowadays
you miss out on the tshirt but who needs a shirt with a kancolle character who is dressed up like the joker and it says "why so serious"
#17  September 29, 2018, 04:57:30 am
better buy figurines instead of buying random low class crap.
#18  September 29, 2018, 07:11:31 am
if your money is burning a hole through your pocket, you're better off buying games or dvds and blu rays. don't support the cringeworthy nerd culture.
that pikachu funko pop/key chain/mug/pin might be amusing for a while (spoiler: it won't) but at some point you're gonna realize that you've wasted 30 dollars on useless shit.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#19  September 29, 2018, 05:40:10 pm
    • USA
go to the dollar store and buy five random items
print out some anime waifus and then tape them onto the dollar store junk

congrats you saved yourself $15 or whatever lootbox subscription services sell for nowadays
you miss out on the tshirt but who needs a shirt with a kancolle character who is dressed up like the joker and it says "why so serious"

Geez rude
#20  September 29, 2018, 05:42:01 pm
    • USA
#21  September 29, 2018, 05:43:48 pm
    • USA
if your money is burning a hole through your pocket, you're better off buying games or dvds and blu rays. don't support the cringeworthy nerd culture.
that pikachu funko pop/key chain/mug/pin might be amusing for a while (spoiler: it won't) but at some point you're gonna realize that you've wasted 30 dollars on useless shit.
How is it cringey, either way I like it, I wanted an opinion of what to get, not a remark about my intrests
#22  September 29, 2018, 05:52:02 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
It's time to stop multiposting

This board has a nifty feature that allows you to look at a considerable chain of posts while typing a reply and inserting them as quotes with the click of a button

Use it or see your future multiposts in the garbage
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#23  September 29, 2018, 05:55:50 pm
    • USA
It's time to stop multiposting

This board has a nifty feature that allows you to look at a considerable chain of posts while typing a reply and inserting them as quotes with the click of a button

Use it or see your future multiposts in the garbage

Oh I see now, sorry
#24  September 29, 2018, 07:26:03 pm
better buy figurines instead of buying random low class crap.

Oh yes I'll pay 299$ for a figure I cant even play with

there's a lot of cheap figurines depending on their size and the company who makes them of course , there's a 2-3 cm figurines that costs 10 or 15$.
it's tons better than a t-shirt with random anime printed on it and after you wash it 2-3 times it'll come off. or cheap random plastic stuff that won't last for a week or so.

and figurines can still be resold if you get tired of them. i'm telling you this not because i want to discourage your interest in anime or buying merch i'm telling you this cause i bought loot crates before and i wasn't satisfied to any of the things they sent me.

but what the hell experience is a good teacher so why not subscribe for both of them.
#25  September 29, 2018, 07:37:26 pm
    • USA

[/quote]

there's a lot of cheap figurines depending on their size and the company who makes them of course , there's a 2-3 cm figurines that costs 10 or 15$.
it's tons better than a t-shirt with random anime printed on it and after you wash it 2-3 times it'll come off. or cheap random plastic stuff that won't last for a week or so.

and figurines can still be resold if you get tired of them. i'm telling you this not because i want to discourage your interest in anime or buying merch i'm telling you this cause i bought loot crates before and i wasn't satisfied to any of the things they sent me.

but what the hell experience is a good teacher so why not subscribe for both of them.
[/quote]

Again thanks for your input. And if I hate it I can always just cancel it. Given the existance of 15$ figures, I take it Ebay isn't a good store for figures
#26  September 30, 2018, 06:00:20 am
buy them directly from the companies or partnered store like otakuhouse , bigboys , nekodolls , etc etc.  , don't buy anything from ebay those 3rd party sites are riddled with knock offs.  in my country it is easy to buy cheap figurines and with the no visa policy here it's alot easier to just buy them yourself.
Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 06:05:39 am by 地獄の花
#27  September 30, 2018, 06:23:20 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

OP, ask yourself this: is it worth buying something the people actively shilling can't pretend to give a shit about?
#28  September 30, 2018, 06:43:04 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Thanks man, cause they would be all over the place with the series.
#29  September 30, 2018, 08:53:29 am
How is it cringey
because at this point "nerd" and "geek" are marketing terms that those companies use to sell you worthless shit that you don't even like.
but hey, geeks and nerds are supposed to like those things, so you follow along and buy them.
would you've bought a funko pop figure on your own? no, because they look like shit. so they get companies like lootcrate and youtubers like collider to shill it to you and tell you how "nerdy" and "geeky" they are for owning it.
isn't it weird how a funko pop figure is sold for 30 dollars alone but you get one included in a lootcrate subscription for the same price with other stuff?
a) because they barely cost them 5 dollars and b) because they want you to branch out and start buying and collecting them alone.
from a marketing point, lootcrate is a genius idea. you are effectively paying for advertisements to be given to you
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#30  September 30, 2018, 01:57:04 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
^ Not to play devil's advocate or anything, but Funko Pops don't cost $30.  Unless it's one of the giant ones they're like $10 at best.  It's just a cheap collectible, no need to go full blown "wake up sheeple" mode over it.

OP, without being condescending I think the general point trying to get put across here is that 9 times out of 10, you're not going to get your money's worth from a random loot box.  More often than not they're filled with stuff you otherwise never would have wanted or bought for yourself on purpose, and on the off chance it does include something you like it's usually really cheap and doesn't last long.

I've only ever found one subscription box I've considered to actually be worth the cost, and that was because it allows for a much higher level of control over what you actually get each month.
#31  September 30, 2018, 02:21:16 pm
cocaine is now 90$ per gram , you've got a better deal there than buying loot crates.