YesNoOk

Close the Public Staff section (Read 7090 times)

Started by momo!, August 02, 2011, 05:12:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Close the Public Staff section
#21  August 02, 2011, 05:55:12 pm
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
no, i agree with momo. plz do not put words in my mouth.

there have been times when whatever specifically talked about in staff section is brought up outside the forum (beyond someone making peterfoster like posts and them being made fun of for that post) in a way by whoever to ridicule.
#22  August 02, 2011, 06:40:24 pm
    • Thailand
no, i agree with momo. plz do not put words in my mouth.
For selfish reasons, not productive reasons. I didn't put any words in your mouth, what are you talking about?

there have been times when whatever specifically talked about in staff section is brought up outside the forum (beyond someone making peterfoster like posts and them being made fun of for that post) in a way by whoever to ridicule.
So? If people want to talk about what goes on in the staff area, they should be able to, that is not bad in any way. You're still not making any valid points.

And maybe said people wouldn't be talked about if they didn't do stupid shit. Stupid shit like, I don't know, requesting IP addresses? Maybe we should move that other ridiculous request of yours to the public, it'd be a shame if people were to see you asking to make locked threads so you don't get bashed for the stupidity within them.

All you care about is your image. Face it. You don't care about anything else. Every action you have made has proven this.

Stop shitting out of your mouth. We already know your game.

P.S.: What goes on on other forums is none of our concern, so that's yet another stupid reason -- no, stupid excuse -- you made up so you can protect your image.
Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:44:35 pm by Rajaa
#23  August 02, 2011, 06:44:58 pm
i'll say this again. plz do not tell people why you think i agree with momo (including putting words in my mouth in the first post)

until you have some certification or whatever that proves you to be able to mind read over the internet what people are thinking beyond what they are posting, i would like you to plz cease and desist from doing that regarding my posts.

i agree with momo based on the merit of his idea and agreeing with it. do i think that anything will change? no, but i can agree with him if i'd like.
#24  August 02, 2011, 06:50:08 pm
    • Thailand
i'll say this again. plz do not tell people why you think i agree with momo (including putting words in my mouth in the first post)
Why, because you can't handle the truth? That actually sounds like a threat. I don't know how I feel about internet threats.

until you have some certification or whatever that proves you to be able to mind read over the internet what people are thinking beyond what they are posting, i would like you to plz cease and desist from doing that regarding my posts.
I can't prove it, the proof is in the private threads. :smug:

I'm not reading your mind, I'm using my induction abilities, nice try, though. And you're actually making me laugh with all this "cease and desist" shit. Are you high or something?
#25  August 02, 2011, 06:54:52 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
If you don't want to be judged by your posts, don't post.
#26  August 02, 2011, 06:57:25 pm
then double check your induction abilities at the door as you are wrong regarding my thoughts on the merit of momo's topic. they were also wrong when you used them to deduce whatever as a threat. so for the third time i'm asking you to plz quit with that behavior regarding me and this topic.
#27  August 02, 2011, 07:02:45 pm
    • Thailand
then double check your induction abilities at the door as you are wrong regarding my thoughts on the merit of momo's topic. they were also wrong when you used them to deduce whatever as a threat. so for the third time i'm asking you to plz quit with that behavior regarding me and this topic.
Oh plz.
#28  August 02, 2011, 07:39:43 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
please don't let another feedback thread devolve into arguing.

The private section only deals with stuff from pms

The Warnings thread does feature several PMs from different users that were posted in the open. So having it out in the open automatically goes against that. And PMs would be more effective, and wouldn't feature the PMS accompanied with posting about people in public.
Perhaps moving the Warnings thread specifically to private and leaving everything else public would be okay?
here are examples of PMs:
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=112183.msg1380786#msg1380786
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=112183.msg1305532#msg1305532

Second one's really bad, tho a bit old.

I see where I wasn't correct in asking for the closure of the public staff section, but specifically moving the warning thread might be something that would benefit everybody.
#29  August 02, 2011, 07:41:41 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
There's the chance that the user in question can see it and shape up before shit goes south.

hjk

#30  August 02, 2011, 07:55:49 pm
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
So I made the mistake of endorsing one of PeterFoster's earlier threads without really knowing him. I know little about Volzilla, but from what I've read, I think he may have a genuine point.

Some posters may genuinely be slow or may simply have posted things that have been interpreted incorrectly. For them to see those posts being discussed or even mocked publicly can be quite embarassing. I think that Vol is saying (based on his own personal experiences) that for the sake of other posters' fragile feelings, matters like that should be kept from the community.

Then again, Rajaa tends to be a good judge of character. Obviously he's dealt with Vol more closely than I have, so my point can't be set in stone.
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:08:21 pm by Shundhi
#31  August 02, 2011, 08:12:10 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Two ideas:

1) Have a place where the userbase posts about the staff and staff can't post, to balance things out. ;P
2) Give the subject whose fate is being currently discussed a chance to post @ the thread (once or twice) in his defense/ask questions.

I DO like to see how the staff thinks, but current things also allow to develop a sort of public linching without a chance for any kind of defense. Public humillation might end up being worse to some users than just getting a warning. It might get solved if the discussion was done in a respectful manner. I also understand staff not being able to always express themselves calmly when regarding some of the more annoying, exasperating users. :P
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA

hjk

#32  August 02, 2011, 08:25:28 pm
    • Afghanistan
1) Have a place where the userbase posts about the staff and staff can't post, to balance things out. ;P
You do realize that you submitted that idea for staff approval? Kind of defeats the purpose and speaks to our powerlessness.

I'd encourage you to start that thread yourself without permission :laugh:. Do it in either Feedback or All That's Left.

Title it:
No Staff Allowed  ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)

Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:29:29 pm by Shundhi
#33  August 02, 2011, 08:27:11 pm
    • http://nxistence.tumblr.com/
Heh, the staff is talking about Lasombra Demon in the public forum. This is the perfect time for me to troll them all.  :smug:
#34  August 02, 2011, 08:29:18 pm
    • USA
#35  August 02, 2011, 09:22:00 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
please don't let another feedback thread devolve into arguing.

The private section only deals with stuff from pms

The Warnings thread does feature several PMs from different users that were posted in the open. So having it out in the open automatically goes against that. And PMs would be more effective, and wouldn't feature the PMS accompanied with posting about people in public.
Perhaps moving the Warnings thread specifically to private and leaving everything else public would be okay?
here are examples of PMs:
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=112183.msg1380786#msg1380786
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=112183.msg1305532#msg1305532

Second one's really bad, tho a bit old.

The private section only dealing with stuff from pms is not equal to "all pms go to the private section".
Context follows it obviously, right now we have a open letter from vozilla , some pms of users asking for some stuff changed here and there and other sensitive material where it was decided it was best to deal with the pms without others seeing them.
Someone calling you out on talking about them and threatening you? Not sensitive AT ALL , they are being dicks and thus fuck that.

People will organically act or react at members that have odd attitudes, people were complaining about lasombra and blue blood months before the staff even  knew who they were, people complain about stormex but he is rarely if ever in the staff section. People sometimes complain about gbk, but the same applies.
That's because interrelationships in a forum are organic and cant be excised into stone. Staff can only handle things when others start being dicks about it, if a staff member feels the need to discuss someone it doesnt mean "oh lets all gang up on this person!" that would be the fastest way to get to be the one discussed. Just like Ghousi got to be discussed for continuously posting shit, or Osky, or even vyx.

I dont feel the need of change something that has always worked, why dont you show me situations where people actually changed their behaviour towards someone only because of staff talking about them?
#36  August 02, 2011, 09:33:50 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I changed my av once in 2009 when you brought it up when you were talking about Ilu's av at the time.
#37  August 02, 2011, 10:19:50 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
well but that would be a positive reinforcement example, the opposite of what momo was talking about, where someone would jump ilu over him being talked about in the staff section.
#38  August 02, 2011, 10:29:02 pm
I don't like the public staff section but it's not because of humiliation. It gives users a false sense of control over their relations with the staff. Yes you can see what the staff is think but there is no opportunity to participate in the discussion. It's like watching a lynch mob organize. you can see it coming you can even read their rational but you can't do anything about it.
To make an analogy, an inescapably death is better when you can't see it coming.
#39  August 02, 2011, 10:30:35 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Rip, thats what the feedback section is for.
Its not the first time threads were made about moderator x or y in the feedback section, or people plead with their reasonings on bans they thought unjust and were given second chances.

Sometimes third chances.

in some peculiar cases tenth chances.

hjk

#40  August 02, 2011, 10:32:18 pm
    • Afghanistan