YesNoOk

NMTE Revival 2 (WIP Demo) (Read 432948 times)

Started by TheFclass97, July 01, 2016, 03:20:40 am
Share this topic:
Re: NMTE Revival 2 (WIP Demo)
#61  September 28, 2016, 01:09:54 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Thanks. I got a lot more going on...
#62  September 29, 2016, 01:49:22 am
    • Puerto Rico
MORE TESTING! My voice succ's... xD

Thoughts? Opinions? I'ma use this with the id I showed earlier (it's under spoiler in cased ya missed it). I'm gonna use it for different modes and when the characters get selected.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#63  September 29, 2016, 03:50:29 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Its actually not bad tho, but are you going to replace the characeters voice?
Lasagna
#64  September 29, 2016, 12:47:20 pm
    • Puerto Rico
I might use both.
#65  September 30, 2016, 02:44:40 am
    • Puerto Rico
#66  September 30, 2016, 04:01:44 am
    • Puerto Rico
VIDEO ARCHIVED!
#67  September 30, 2016, 09:04:14 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Hey dude, i've spent some time playing this demo and i want to ask why Ryu's crouch HP/HK doesn't combo into specials?
Lasagna
#68  September 30, 2016, 07:01:04 pm
    • Puerto Rico
#69  October 01, 2016, 02:16:34 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
I was watching your stream replay and I have some suggestions/critiques for the game.

• I can see what your trying to do with the basic grab but I quite feel it's quite awkward with it just sending the opponent the other direction without any follow up. I feel that it would be better if it were more like the basic grabs in the Samurai Showdown series and/or Iori Yagami's command grab where the grab itself doesn't do any damage and you have to provide the hit. You'd might need to have some frames made for it for the character turning the opponent unless you want it to look like how the animation is currently.
  • Are the stages in the game final or are your going to get custom stages done for it?
  • I think the bars for the A,B,V bars don't fit with the bars on the top and just looking off putting in general. (unless it's temporary) I'd think they'd look better if they were similar to the life bar.
  • I feel that jill's flare super could be OTG and/or have a bigger hit box.
  • I'm assuming this full game is suppose to be mainly MvC with CvS2 and derivative sprites with other gameplay aspects.
#70  October 02, 2016, 05:37:49 am
  • An I.K.E.M.E.N guy
  • Yo
    • USA
Fclass got your message he is having technical difficulties. I showed him what you said and he thanks you for the feedback.
#71  October 03, 2016, 01:08:04 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Thanks for the reply Rodknee. For some reason, my net/router is having problems connecting to a few mugen sites (including this one), so my friends wifi and other are my only ways for now... :C

I was watching your stream replay and I have some suggestions/critiques for the game.

• I can see what your trying to do with the basic grab but I quite feel it's quite awkward with it just sending the opponent the other direction without any follow up. I feel that it would be better if it were more like the basic grabs in the Samurai Showdown series and/or Iori Yagami's command grab where the grab itself doesn't do any damage and you have to provide the hit. You'd might need to have some frames made for it for the character turning the opponent unless you want it to look like how the animation is currently.
  • Are the stages in the game final or are your going to get custom stages done for it?
  • I think the bars for the A,B,V bars don't fit with the bars on the top and just looking off putting in general. (unless it's temporary) I'd think they'd look better if they were similar to the life bar.
  • I feel that jill's flare super could be OTG and/or have a bigger hit box.
  • I'm assuming this full game is suppose to be mainly MvC with CvS2 and derivative sprites with other gameplay aspects.

- Interesting... I might have to play more SS though to see where you're coming from. I'll check what's up (although the grabbing itself isn't that difficult, it's just Forward/Back + HP).

- The stages are most likely final. As for custom stages, I have considered trying it out soon (although I have edited stages before, I can't say that I have made one but there's a first for everything).

- You mean the R-E-V bars or the systems? Yeah, it's temporary. I'll see what I can create later down the line.

- idk about the otg part tbh, but I could check the hitbox.

- Kind of? I do want the basic combo system to be similar to marvel (with the chains and air combos), and mechanics I made are set for now (well, they are similar to other fighting mechanics that exist and we're inspired by such, but not necessarily taken from a game specifically and if so I tweaked it a bit to differentiate it). As for sprites, I don't have anyone helping me in that department (same for many others besides testing atm), so I just use what I can get (I will try not to use sprites that are too different from each other besides maybe Jotaro).

Thanks for the feedback though, much appreciated. I hope you enjoy the project, as I got some stuff in-stored (ESPECIALLY for the 1.0 release which I'm gonna keep as a surprise for now).

#72  October 08, 2016, 02:25:48 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
NEW UPDATE FOR REVIVAL 2
#73  October 11, 2016, 01:04:38 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Thanks Carlos. I really gotta talk to my ISP. Anywho, I guess I'll post a more legitimate update.

UPDATED! NOW BETA BUILD #1! Download link is on the first post! Thanks.

Patch Notes

Hope you enjoy. bugs are still out there, so feel free to post feedback and stuff. Since I might not be able to check MFG a lot cause my home net (you can still send it here though), it's best if you can add the feedback to my Youtube (PM or comments) or on Mugen Free For All. Regardless, enjoy. More to come!
Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 01:08:11 pm by TheFclass97
#74  October 11, 2016, 03:23:03 pm
  • An I.K.E.M.E.N guy
  • Yo
    • USA
Wow when I get my stick ill Stream it. This update looks great.
#75  March 15, 2017, 01:10:15 am
    • Puerto Rico
I'm just gonna drop this pic here....

But yeah, besides tons of other projects and college, I was working on re-making (entirely) the systems and characters and shit from scratch and making a new template for myself (and hopefully others who want to help out with the project). Soon enough, I will unveil some more info on the new and adjusted stuff on REV 2. Just letting you know... Thanks. ^_~
#76  March 16, 2017, 03:09:22 pm
  • The sentence below is true
  • The sentence above is false
    • Philippines
That title design kinda reminds me of Castle Crashers btw :D
#77  March 16, 2017, 11:49:03 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Re: NMTE Revival 2 (Re-do WIP)
#78  May 17, 2017, 03:05:23 am
    • Puerto Rico
I'd hate to resurrect an old meme but....

Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 03:14:53 am by TheFclass97
#79  June 13, 2017, 01:41:38 am
    • Puerto Rico

Ignore horse... It's just some kind of idea for Rev 2 Super Portrait or something... I wish I could get a better effect, but you think it's ok? Any suggestions?

#80  June 13, 2017, 09:20:58 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Kinda stuck on this... I have 0 clue for the round parts... I wanna try something like KoF with just a Ready, Go! Any ideas or something to help out? I wanna try to match the rest of the REV 2 aesthetic... But you know, not being a graphics guy kinda sucks...