YesNoOk

monkey shootin' (Read 4264 times)

Started by Valodim, September 29, 2012, 09:47:11 pm
Share this topic:
Re: monkey shootin'
#81  October 12, 2012, 09:53:45 pm
  • Shakespear.
Please feel free to give answers for part 1 too.  I'm always looking for a more concise way to explain that answer.
I run a kitchen, and on some shifts I give riddles to my crew.  I've given both of these lots of times, and I've never seen anyone answer part 1 quickly and easily (except one kid who already knew it), so don't feel bad.   No ones ever gotten part 2.  Of course they are always paying attention to their jobs while trying to figure it out...

And thanks all for the awesome use of spoilage.
#82  October 12, 2012, 09:54:06 pm
Oh, that's a bit tricky since we can give an answer that will save some, but we don't know if there's a way to save more, so we can't confirm we get the right answer.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#83  October 13, 2012, 08:33:33 pm
    • Germany
to be fair about the first one, I heard it in similar expression before, so maybe it's harder than I think :)

ok here we go, proper solution ;)

#84  October 14, 2012, 05:03:24 am
  • Shakespear.
to be fair about the first one, I heard it in similar expression before, so maybe it's harder than I think :)

ok here we go, proper solution ;)

Yes! Very well done Valodim!  First person I've ever seen answer that correctly, and I've asked quite a few.  Never programmers tho, probably the most logical people on the planet.  Your prize: More riddles!  (if I owned the world, I would give you a small country, but we'll leave that to the future.)

2 quickie joke style riddles, and a match stick one right quick:  (the next one will be more difficult :) )

1) What gets wetter as it dries?

2) When is a door not a door?
                     __ 
3)  |       |      |__
     |  +   |  = |__|   Assume this is made of 14 match sticks.  Move 1 stick to solve

#85  October 14, 2012, 09:08:35 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Seen the matchstick one before but i'm unsure if you've done it right

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#86  October 14, 2012, 10:40:07 am
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
                    __ 
3)  |       |      |__
     |  +   |  = |__|   Assume this is made of 14 match sticks.  Move 1 stick to solve

#87  October 14, 2012, 06:53:17 pm
  • Shakespear.
Cyanide nicely done on the two word riddles, and Vegeta yeah that's technically the right answer, but there is an alternate one to:

Ok moving on.  Here's a fun one that ruined my day back in high-school once.  I love dropping this one on the crew, because even after they hear the answer, it still messes with their heads.

The Case of the Missing Dollar:

3 men rent a hotel room for the night.  The fee is $30, so they each pay $10 at the front desk, and go up to their room.  Later that evening the hotel manager remembers the 'weekday discount', and that the price of the room should have been $25.  He gives the bellboy $5 to bring up to the mens room.  The men decide that 5 is difficult to split 3 ways, so they give the bellboy a $2 tip and keep a dollar for each of themselves.  All seems well until the manager goes to do his book keeping.  He thinks "If each of them paid $9, and 9 x 3 is 27, plus the $2 that the bellboy kept, that's only $29.  Where is my missing dollar!?"
#88  October 14, 2012, 07:04:54 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。