YesNoOk

Staff positions (Read 242284 times)

Started by Sepp, October 27, 2007, 12:56:10 am
Re: Staff positions
#81  July 23, 2008, 06:07:10 pm
This might just come out of the blue, but if no one is willing to watch over Your releases section I would gladly moderate it as well.
Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 05:31:08 pm by Invictus
#82  July 23, 2008, 06:16:31 pm
    • Germany
I see we are back at the discussion "bunch of gmods" vs "localized moderators".. we decided for bunch-a-gmods for reasons, let's stick to that model.

If you feel the Your Releases section is undermoderated, feel free to take care of it. :)
#83  July 23, 2008, 06:24:19 pm
  • SNK is life
Can someone remind me why Cybaster was removed from his GM position?

Like many other old timers (Cybaster, Byakko, KFM?, [E]) most of the people who has been staff knows how to behave well and can be released into the forums as regular users. I would like to propose people like myself stripped from the title and giving the opportunity to new blood to take on the responsibility. It would be fun I think.

I'm not asking to be removed, I'm thinking a new approach wouldn't hurt. Even someone like, say, POTS or Cyanide would do better by being example to other users without necessarily having to be staff, and doing away the weight of the responsibility (if there's such).

What's exactly our approach for Staff positions here? Trustworthy people, or people with enough time to be around? I may have lost clear perception of this.
#84  July 23, 2008, 06:50:58 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I'd be up for that, just a matter of finding the right new people. Staff could indeed use more fresh people, like Iced, who are willing to go to a user and spell it all out for them everytime they mess up... I must confess I rarely do that nowadays (lol "confess", should be pretty apparent).
If nothing else it'd be fun just like you said.

Cybaster comment ommitted to protect the guilty. :bjgoi:
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#85  July 23, 2008, 08:03:28 pm
it's hard to find new people that would fit the bill, but we've made "new" people moderators recently, like kod, invictus, and shoon (well,). do you have anyone in mind?

Cybaster comment ommitted to protect the guilty. :bjgoi:
lmbo
#86  July 23, 2008, 08:36:21 pm
IMO, Cybaster would be the best choice to moderate Your releases section.
Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 05:30:40 pm by Invictus
#87  July 25, 2008, 06:07:54 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Can someone remind me why Cybaster was removed from his GM position?

Well we removed everyone except I think Val and PotS and intended to bring almost nobody at all "back" at first, then over time... just look around you now! XD

We all agreed not to bring Cybaster into the conspiracy, we went through who would be the new staff for several days and nobody was against not bringing him in. Sometimes he overshoots.

And... err we had all agreed. Do we still, guys? Otherwise I don't see anything standing in the way cuz I also can't remember any real specific reasons that would still matter today.

What's exactly our approach for Staff positions here? Trustworthy people, or people with enough time to be around? I may have lost clear perception of this.

Both or the first. Enough time alone at least doesn't cut it. Um yeah that's obvious. I just don't feel like elaborating on the general approach now. o_~"

I support trying new ways and people and like that initiative; but I also think, walt, you dinosaurs could keep your current positions while you're still around. Otherwise we'd need a lot of new people and many more workable changes than I'd know how to make.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#88  July 25, 2008, 07:05:28 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Sepp asked me to post this short note :

"Cybaster has spoken and the situation is already cleared (Cybaster is happy with things and wants more new people like Walt said instead)"

Sepp will give details later.
#89  July 25, 2008, 07:20:10 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Cybaster still "feels" new to me.

I remember after being gone from here for about 9 months and seeing him as a GMod upon my return... I was like... who the heck is that guy? :P

I got really used to all the same people for so long in the community. Now it seems there are a LOT more efficient people with "I want to be vocal" attitudes.

Lots of the members years back seemed to try and stay under the radar.

Maybe it just feels this way to me now because I don't really go to mugen sites now or download mugen content so I don't see all the new talent till it just springs up. Agh, conflicted with my 2 hobbies....
#90  July 25, 2008, 08:59:45 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Rajaboy or laquak could be good choices as local moderators once their "speech" patterns clear up( you know what I mean, the overuse of jokes and small obsessions that are naturally there on newer users), like, in a few months time. Claws would be a pretty good mod too, he is clean and direct, Oz could also be good, Shamrock seems okay as well.
Had hjk kept from trying to troll people up every now and then, he could have been a contender.
#91  July 25, 2008, 10:45:38 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
details later.

Hello, I just read the discussion about staff positions. Quote this in the revelant topic, if you want.

Just to let you know, I'm currently not particularly interested in becoming moderator (or GM, whatever) again. Sure, I spend a lot of time on the forum and enjoy it, and I somehow moderate a little from time to time, but I think it's time to let some others do the job (Iced, K.O.D, Invictus, etc.).

I also realised that being a sort of "dinosaur" made me react differently to some stuff, compared to when I was a newly promoted GM. I used to have the very smooth and nice approach towards newbies or ignorant people... It's not the case anymore. Not a good thing for a moderator I guess.

Anyway, I may want to become moderator again in some time (dunno when, obviously), feel free to contact me if you're in need of one. During the main time, though, I'm happy with my situation. :)

See you.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#92  July 26, 2008, 09:34:31 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
If you want opinions : Robert The Small, Claws, Tetsuo9999, Anjel.

Also, since Tony 3rd is a GMod, you could make Ishida-Uryuu moderator of the Projects section since he'd be willing.
Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 07:05:31 pm by K.O.D
#93  July 28, 2008, 03:59:39 pm
  • SNK is life
Robert the Small
Edward the Great
#94  July 28, 2008, 06:25:08 pm
Robert The Small: maybe
Claws: yeah
Tetsuo9999: reports way too many things, wouldn't trust his judgement
Anjel: ehhhhhhhh
you could make Ishida-Uryuu moderator of the Projects section since he'd be willing.
i don't think projects needs a local moderator as it is
Edward the Great: has problems reading basic things and i just don't like his posting okay
Personal preferences on style of posting shouldn't affect a decision.
#95  July 28, 2008, 06:57:46 pm
  • SNK is life
#96  July 28, 2008, 06:59:57 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I just don't care much for Robert The Small or Tetsuo9999's attitudes.

I don't know who Claws is.

Anjel, Ishida-Uryuu, and Edward I think may do well.

DMK may be a good person to try as a moderator as well.
#97  July 28, 2008, 08:24:26 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Dmk, im into that.
Claws, Oz. for sure.
Shamrock too.
#98  July 29, 2008, 07:25:40 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
[e] asked me to post his suggestions

oz
raaja
claws,
shamrock
anjel,
 ishida
#99  July 30, 2008, 02:54:47 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Not ishida.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#100  July 30, 2008, 05:04:45 am
i've decided to make dmk and shamrock moderators. they're new blood and know when to behave.

anyone against this