YesNoOk

Shadow Dragon Version 2 (Read 27502 times)

Started by ShadowDragon6060, November 06, 2015, 10:19:36 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Shadow Dragon Version 2
#41  November 09, 2015, 02:04:53 pm
    • Canada
#42  November 09, 2015, 02:05:52 pm
    • Canada

really? :confused:

ps:is this char NSFW?

Of course not, it's censored! Duh. :D See the big black box with "Cens Ored" written on it because I couldn't get the text to move properly?
Hey, you said you wanted to improve your MUGEN coding ability. You can start by having your hitboxes cover the entire character. It's not about being accurate to a character's powers, it's about "making sure you don't break the game" (although looking at the attacks here I can see that's probably moot point by now)

If you PROMISE this will make me a better mugen coder, then... ok, I'll change it.
#43  November 09, 2015, 02:19:33 pm
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico
he still is a overpowered, pallete swap. --;

ps:also, are those hitboxes for real?
Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:59:25 pm by btony89
#44  November 09, 2015, 03:19:32 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Like how Saiyans have their tails, only he can't train his weakness out like Goku can.

I'm here to tell you how wrong you are. You've never watched DBZ. Goku lost his tail, in DBZ only RADITZ had that weakness
(I'd later realize that this was a kinda misinformed statement, thanks can)

Though I know you're trolling us so IDK why I'm even responding to you
Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 01:48:32 am by Orochi Gill
#45  November 09, 2015, 03:32:39 pm
    • Canada
#46  November 09, 2015, 03:43:37 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
it doesn't matter because in a fighting game you need to have some kind of balance. otherwise a superman character would be inmune to almost every attack

as i said before instead of focusing on making an unbeatable character you have to make it fun to use or at the very least don't give it some unfair advantage over verybody else. that is NOT FUN

//edit:
but still, as London said, yay me.
Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:47:04 pm by Bastard Wolf
#47  November 09, 2015, 03:55:51 pm
  • Dead Weight
  • Where'd all the motivation go?
    • Philippines
    • Skype - DerEthereal
Judging by those screenshots alone, it seems like this char is only fun if you're playing it. I guess the only viable choices for fighting against it are cheap chars like Rare Akuma, and I doubt that's a viable design choice if you want to be accepted in these parts...
#48  November 09, 2015, 07:33:45 pm
    • Canada
Ok, so... how can I fix this character? I want him to be the best top-tier character.
#49  November 09, 2015, 07:37:20 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
There are no tiers in MUGEN. Making characters cheap and broken doesn't make them fun.
#50  November 09, 2015, 07:40:03 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Rare Akuma already took the spot for the best top tier character. You can start to make your character interesting by:

• Not recoloring Applejack and pretending it's a dragon.
  • Give it actually original moves, instead of dick jokes
  • Not coming up with excuses for making your character overpowered with a ridiculously small hitbox. This might sound interesting in your MLP fanfics, but it's not interesting for a fighting game character.
  • Maybe learn how to sprite (we all start somewhere) and actually try to come up with a design that looks like a dragon of sorts, instead of a pony labeled as a dragon.

Shit
#51  November 09, 2015, 07:45:58 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
A recolor with absolutely no new frames isn't really a big deal if it's tweaked to be unique. I'd say that's the least of the issues looking at the screenshots.
#52  November 09, 2015, 07:50:58 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
first of all get an idea of what exaclty you want your character to do and how to make it fun to use (again, making it overpowered and so that it defeats every enemy with a single hit is NOT FUN).

either come up with soemthing or take ideas from existing characters. then elarn to code in orde to implement said ideas.
#53  November 09, 2015, 09:07:00 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
It can be fine if the character's sprites are a palette swap, but if the character having a different palette is the only thing different, then that's not really a new character.  Your character isn't just a palette swap, but there's an incredible amount of things you need to fix, going by Zemilia's feedback, if you want to improve your Mugen coding abilities.

As others have said, it has to be fair for the other characters fighting against your char.
Overpowered offense and defense does not make a character fun to fight against.  People usually will get turned away very quickly.
If you are indeed wanting to improve as a Mugen coder, making your character balanced is one of the first steps.
Don't focus on making your character an incredibly strong top tier overpowered fighter.  That's not the primary goal of a good Mugen coder when they make their characters.
For now, following Zemelia's feedback is a good start to fixing up your character.

Also, use the 1.1 character tag for your thread since your character is supposed to be 1.1 only.
Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:11:08 pm by vgma2
#54  November 10, 2015, 01:28:44 am
  • Mega Man Classic
  • pachirisu is sexy af
    • Canada
    • anoobtroll@gmail.com
I see a lot of sexual innuendo in this. He (Looks more like a girl) can only get hit by his cutie mark/ass, large green clouds, and the extremely large collision penis attacks. Are you attracted to MLP characters or something? Also this character uses that Applejack FiM conversion as a base from what I saw in the coding.

And if you wanna learn how to remove the white background, import those sprites into an editing tool (I use Paint.NET, find that magic wand that looks like something Trixie would use, click on the background and press delete. Tada, no background. If it's too choppy, increase it's tolerance.

Alternatively, FF already has a built in image editing tool but it's not perfect since it's based on your pallet.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Pokecommunity account (Will start learning about romhacking): http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=553303

Why are there some people here trying to go into their ways into trying to ruin my Mugen hobby here and make me look like bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_TMrr6eqQc
Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 01:38:21 am by Mega Man Classic
#55  November 10, 2015, 01:42:16 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

A pony with a huge cock, that was the big greatest character that you were making speeches about being persecuted about and comparing yourself to children dying of hunger in africa.
Thats the character you made that was so important that you believed would get you people paying you cash in patreon so you didnt have to die of hunger because you are too young to have a job.

This isnt surprising at all that someone speaking like that would like ponies with big dicks.

#56  November 10, 2015, 02:17:58 am
  • Thank you so very much.
    • dhillonpowell@gmail.com
    • Skype - dhillon2004521
    • dhillon521mugen.weebly.com/
Why is this version 2?
#57  November 10, 2015, 02:49:57 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
That's honestly a good question.

Also, I see everyone's focused on that one "dick" move. However, I accidentally forgot to show one more that's honestly much worse. Been debating myself on showing it though, but out of curiosity's sake, here you go:

Spoiler: Warning: Don't click here unless you like to scar your eyes (click to see content)

#58  November 10, 2015, 02:50:48 am
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
is this a troll character
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#59  November 10, 2015, 02:54:41 am
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico
if this is not a NSFW char, is a joke char?, i cant take that seriously. :confused:  :mwhy:
#60  November 10, 2015, 02:55:22 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Well, good thing it was passworded, I guess...