YesNoOk

Adding sounds to a specific animation with Fighter Factory 3? (Read 4768 times)

Started by Yonanoveau, November 10, 2016, 01:54:11 am
Share this topic:
Adding sounds to a specific animation with Fighter Factory 3?
#1  November 10, 2016, 01:54:11 am
    • Chile
    • dirona123@gmail.com
Well, to be precise I have a TMNT Raphael that can inflict dizzy condition with his attacks. I wanted to add a dizzy sound to it. Using Fighter Factory I could import a particular sound from another character (a Pocket Fighter Lilith) and the sound was added to Raphael's sound set from what I could tell. However, I can't figure out how to make it that the sound plays when Raphael inflicts the dizzy condition on someone (right now it simply doesn't play). At first I thought Group and Index of the sound should match the ones of the animation the sound would accompany, but doesn't seem to be the case.

I know I could try to go for the coding and add it there, but I wanted to make sure that Fighter Factory can't add sounds directly. Saying this because as I kept experimenting with it I found out that it has many functions that would otherwise be a nightmare to do with coding or messing with the files, such as adding new sprites, importing whole animations with sprites from other projects, editing palettes, etc.

Sorry if it's a noobish question and thanks in advance. BTW if Fighter Factory 3 can't add sounds to a specific animation, are there others who can?
Re: Adding sounds to a specific animation with Fighter Factory 3?
#2  November 10, 2016, 02:10:12 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
All of the aspects of the character - sprites, animations, sounds, etc - do not do anything in-game until you reference them through code in the CNS file.

You will have to add a PlaySnd state controller, to trigger when the enemy is in the dizzy state.

But you need to know some coding to do it.  Read some documents in the Mugen Class forum

#3  November 11, 2016, 05:01:45 pm
    • Chile
    • dirona123@gmail.com
I see, that's what I though. Thanks for the help, I'll take a look at the info you gave me.

Take care!
#4  June 16, 2018, 02:27:31 am
    • USA
Ok check this out, how do you create a sound to begin with, does it need to be a wav file cause i cant create any snd files, what I would like to do is change the already coded sounds, lets say a ha do ken, if i wanted to change the ha do ken to (for example) webball, how do i make that sound, with my voice @altoiddealer
#5  June 16, 2018, 06:38:41 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
If you don't have a mic for your computer, you can record it on your phone then import it to your computer.

Pretty sure it has to be wav...