YesNoOk

All Chars Update(2018 & Beyond) (Read 486393 times)

Started by DW, May 31, 2018, 06:25:07 pm
Share this topic:

DW

Re: All Chars Update(2018): Juli
#101  August 15, 2018, 08:20:27 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Figured. Fighting games aren't meant to be played on a keyboard. I don't code/design things with a keyboard in mind either. Since it's something I would never use in this instance, I'm afraid I can't really be bothered to make accommodations for keyboard users. Because not only do I not use a keyboard, but it will mess with the inputs timings for controller/arcade stick users. Which is what it's geared towards.

However, I will give you some suggestions, and if you follow them correctly, you should be able to tailor it to fit for a keyboard. The main thing you can edit, is in the tinybuffering.txt, located in the "Coding" folder:

1.) Scroll to near the bottom of tinybuffering and look for this specific(exact) block of code:

Code:
[State 10371, SGS Init]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = p2dist X >= 0 && command = "SGS"
trigger2 = p2dist X < 0 && command = "RSGS"
var(43) = 8

^This controls the window allowance for Juli's DCD.

2.) Where it says "var(43) = 8" is what you want to edit. Only the equals value of var(43), which is currently 8. This gives a frame allowance of 8 to perform the move. TBH, for a controller/arcade stick, I still personally feel this is too much, but I digress. You want to increase this value to allow more frames(time) to perform it.

3.) You don't want the value to be too high, because it will make it too easy to perform. While at the same time possibly making the move come out, when you don't want it to. You can increase the value by 1, save it, then try it until you can do it. Or, you can just try set values I would do if I were to change it. Personally I wouldn't go above 13. So you can try 10, and if that still doesn't work, try 12, etc. I'm sure you get the idea by now.

You could also try increasing the CMD time for them both. SGS and RSGS both have a time currently of 24. Essentially 6 ticks for each button. You could try the original 32 time I used to use(8 ticks per button), if you feel so inclined. In combination with the tinybuffer edit. Though I don't think that will be necessary, but it is an option. Up to you. 
Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:24:32 pm by DivineWolf
#102  August 15, 2018, 08:35:23 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I'm starting to think that it just might be this new buffer system that's screwing me up, because I never had any execution problems on any of your characters prior to the updates. I bumped the var all the way up to 72 and the input window is still too small for me...
#103  August 15, 2018, 08:39:56 pm
    • UK
May want to check Akuma, yesterday messed around in a 2-player VS while he was the second player to do some random character testing and my game closed down when I attacked him at one point. It happened a few times and its only with him.
To play or not to play: That is the question...

DW

#104  August 15, 2018, 08:52:53 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'm starting to think that it just might be this new buffer system that's screwing me up, because I never had any execution problems on any of your characters prior to the updates. I bumped the var all the way up to 72 and the input window is still too small for me...

There's another way I could code this. I'll see about doing this some time down the line.

May want to check Akuma, yesterday messed around in a 2-player VS while he was the second player to do some random character testing and my game closed down when I attacked him at one point. It happened a few times and its only with him.

By "2-player", I'm assuming maybe you mean simul mode? At any rate, just tried normal, turns, and simul with Akuma being the opponent each time, every time/several times, for every selection and match. Never happened.
Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:00:05 am by DivineWolf
#105  August 15, 2018, 10:44:19 pm
    • UK

There's another way I code code this. I'll see about doing this some time down the line.

By "2-player", I'm assuming maybe you mean simul mode? At any rate, just tried normal, turns, and simul with Akuma being the opponent each time, every time/several times, for every selection and match. Never happened.

No, VS Mode, least with the current screenpack I'm using. And I'm using version 1.0 btw.

Guess its just a bad luck thing, I'll experiment more with the issue myself later.
To play or not to play: That is the question...
#106  August 16, 2018, 04:45:55 am
    • USA
I hope I'm not going off topic but weren't you making an Aska (TMNT: Tournament Fighters) with Dampir's sprites? I'm assuming she will be your next priority after you update everyone else.

DW

#107  August 17, 2018, 04:15:54 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Y'know what they say about assumptions... &gt;_&gt;

No, but seriously, I honestly can't believe that people still remember that. I've forgotten myself numerous times. I have no plans to make Aska in this format. Also, not with the sprites as they are. Nedflandeurse was suppose to refine them, after Dampir had finished his initial conversion. He never did, so I never started anything.

She hasn't totally fell off my "to do" list. Though I don't plan on making her in the same format I've made all chars up to this point. It'll be something new if I do. Something I have been brainstorming on for the better part of 2 years. Still in the conceptual phase.
#108  August 17, 2018, 04:58:45 am
  • No guts No glory..
sometimes i want to revisit that project...i mean aska sprites...maybe i do domething...but after i finish what i am doing.....i think patience is the key here...
i could even do new edits, or polish animations(or both)

DW

Re: All Chars Update(2018): Ice Queen
#109  August 18, 2018, 05:25:14 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Kula has been updated. Along with some minor tweaks to some command timings I did for everyone with the buffering system implemented. Also, I added the SGS(or Raging Demon if you prefer) command shortcuts for Akuma and Juli. I forgot about these initially due to the buffering system, though I will remember now and will apply accordingly for any/all chars who have said command.

One last thing: I changed Blair's Shoot Kick inputs to be the same as FEXL. So now, it's just the corresponding kick/punch follow up, no directional inputs. Switching between FEXL and MUGEN, this was starting to annoy me. I kept messing up the commands between the two versions. Now it's all good. Lilith will be next.
#110  August 18, 2018, 05:38:29 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Did you do the thing you wanted to do from my thread for the Ice Queen? :3

DW

#111  August 18, 2018, 05:44:11 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I wish... Though naw mang. I plan to commission a CVS set for her. When I do, I'll be sure to remember that MB.
#112  August 19, 2018, 03:24:23 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Good, good~ I will look forward to seeing how that one turns out~ Doubt you'll be doing any of the other custom states for her, but as long as there is MB, it's fine methinks~ :3
#113  August 21, 2018, 03:43:05 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
So something I just noticed with Blair, and it could just be me being a keyboard warrior and I guess is also kind of a non-issue, but trying to cancel Shoot Kick's Second Step into Spin Side Shoot isn't possible anymore. You can only do it after the last of the initial three hits.

DW

#114  August 21, 2018, 04:02:29 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
She still can. I didn't touch any of her cancelling windows for special/super moves. TBH, that actually may be the problem. It looks like I was being lazy with her cancel timings... She has literally the entire duration of the attack(if it  comes in contact with p2 of course) anim to cancel. I usually only give chars the window of when they contact p2 for an attack, not the entire anim.

Making it more precise may help the issue of you getting the finish for Shoot Kick, instead of a SC like you want. I'll see. BTW, can you perform DCD now? I'm actually able to now myself on a keyboard.
#115  August 21, 2018, 05:14:58 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Oh yeah, DCD comes out consistently now, thanks for that. It might be what you said as far as Blair goes, because I can still do Mirage Combo Kick off of Second Step, but trying to do Spin Side out of Second Step will always give me Dame Special.

DW

#116  August 21, 2018, 05:56:13 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Really? You get Dame Special? That was more of a problem before the change. Because you had to do a QCB for Second Step, then if you try to do a QCF x2 during it, you'd be very likely to get Dame Special. With you only needing to just press any kick, no dir inputs to get Second Step, it actually solved this issue of mistakenly getting Dame Special.

Still, Dame Special I'm going to be getting rid of soon. I'm waiting on something for Blair, though Dampir added the Fairy Spear super from FEXL. I just added Dame Special as I used XCB's Blair as base. Though that was an XCB custom move I'm pretty sure. I had nothing for it, or against it initially. Though now I can do w/o it. I'll update her cancel timings soon and get rid of Dame Special. Well... I'll leave it in the CMD, though just comment it out. I don't want to hear anyone cry to me about getting rid of it completely. If people still want it, they can just activate it back in the CMD.
Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 06:11:35 pm by DivineWolf
#117  August 21, 2018, 06:50:00 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Oh damn, you're right. Well then, that makes it even more of a non-issue xD My bad, man.

DW

#118  August 22, 2018, 02:17:26 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
It's cool. It made me look at her cancels and realize I need to tighten them up anyway.

DW

Re: All Chars Update(2018): Lilith
#119  September 10, 2018, 01:30:23 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Lilith has been updated. The specifics can be found in the OP. Mai will be next. TBH, the reason this took longer than others, was because of me having to update pals for her CS... I did say I'm not very efficient with making or adapting pals... :-\ Takes WAY too long for me. She had about 20 before, but I couldn't be bothered to convert them all. So, she just have my 12 faves plus the CS temp pal.

Funny thing while adapting the pals though, I even colored a couple of those pals' FX. Which I initially thought was really tough, but not so much now. Couldn't do it for all of them though. :P
Re: All Chars Update(2018): Lilith
#120  September 10, 2018, 03:55:22 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Since you are doing updates in alphabetical order, I noticed you skipped a character. And no I'm not talking about Hiryu, I was thinking about Kung Fu Girl since you switched to Lilith right after Kula and going to Mai on wards. Any reason why? I can understand why Hiryu had to be skipped because you said his CS is complicated, but you never explained why on KFG. Or is it because KFM is first and wanted KFG to be last of the updates?
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.