Mika v1.09 (Read 66718 times)

Started by OHMSBY, September 12, 2018, 09:04:06 pm
Share this topic:
Mika v1.09
#1  September 12, 2018, 09:04:06 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Hello Everyone,

I kinda forgot to update the WIP thread, whoops. In any case, Mika is now complete. Like Ruby and Yang, she has a custom gameplay style that is based on BBTag's gameplay, but I also gave her a couple of moves that she had in Uniel[st].

More screenshots in the spoiler.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Get Mika here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b7ePztRHYlY9ly68ALYv4lvrwgdp0wZ0/view?usp=sharing

Also, I might as well have a poll for the next character included in the first post

Vote for my next character here:

Ragna has won the poll. Thank you for voting.

As always, have fun.
Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 02:07:38 am by OHMSBY
Re: Mika
#2  September 12, 2018, 10:15:41 pm
    • USA
Here you go, friend!

Voted for Ragna! I hope he wins. I main him and Yang in Cross Tag. :)
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 10:20:30 pm by CozySquirtle
#3  September 13, 2018, 01:34:29 am
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
Really enjoying how she combos.

Now then, time for some feedback from a friend of mine.

Mika Tornado has 27 frames of inv, so she's invincible from startup to the end of the move's active frames.
It can't possibly have been like that in either UNIB or Cross Tag.
She's invincible during the followup too, so you can increase that further if you want.
That's a lot of inv for a DP.

The whoosh sounds (from Smash 64...?) come out many frames too early.
You'd expect them to come out on the frames where there's significant motion, not several frames before.

That's all for now.
#4  September 13, 2018, 04:41:53 am
  • Palette Referencer MUSIC is my LYFE
    • USA
Best Grilll thanks for releasing her!!! <3 ILY
[/img]http://imgur.com/PXKjXbP[/img]
#5  September 13, 2018, 05:09:02 am
    • USA

lui

#6  September 13, 2018, 05:36:31 am
    • USA
WAGNER WAGNER WAGNERRR
#7  September 13, 2018, 05:53:18 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Oh snap, you've been on a roll
#8  September 13, 2018, 06:51:39 am
    • Argentina
good char but he needs to improve a little AI, did not give much fight xD
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#9  September 13, 2018, 10:44:03 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Even you forgot to updated your WIP topic, you finished her relatively quick. I'm impressed what you've done. Here's my feedback after a few minutes of testing:

-Mika can still perform EX Cannon and EX Missile even if she has no meter.
-Mika Cannon (B and the EX version) and Hip Strike is unblockable (Not sure if it's supposed to be as I haven't played either games with her in them, but Mika Galaxy makes sense since it uses the full meter though).
-A rare occurrence where she trips the ground during her intro doesn't have ground fx.
-I personally think it would sound better if you put swing sounds on the animation where she misses her grab, Mika Hip Strike, and Mika Cannon.

More if I find anything else. Since you added Ragna for your next character poll, I decided to vote for him. I would love to see your take on the character and see that special intro with him and your Ruby.

good char but he needs to improve a little AI, did not give much fight xD
He already said in his previous releases that he isn't good at doing AI. I wouldn't count on it.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#10  September 13, 2018, 12:01:38 pm
    • China
Very good.

If you ok,
I hope Japanese voice snd file.
#11  September 13, 2018, 12:16:52 pm
    • Thailand
great work  OHMSBY    abd next  vote poll  I will vote for "weiss schnee"  for RWBY  complete team
#12  September 13, 2018, 12:38:41 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
I can't wait to see a Blazblue character by you.
Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 11:47:22 am by Gladiacloud
#13  September 13, 2018, 01:10:30 pm
    • USA
*New Site* (W.I.P)
#14  September 13, 2018, 05:53:53 pm
    • USA
-Mika can still perform EX Cannon and EX Missile even if she has no meter.
-Mika Cannon (B and the EX version) and Hip Strike is unblockable (Not sure if it's supposed to be as I haven't played either games with her in them, but Mika Galaxy makes sense since it uses the full meter though).
-A rare occurrence where she trips the ground during her intro doesn't have ground fx.
-I personally think it would sound better if you put swing sounds on the animation where she misses her grab, Mika Hip Strike, and Mika Cannon.

-Whoops.
-Yeah, both of those moves are command grabs back in the source. Although, in both Cross tag and Uniel, all versions of Mika canon are unblockable but also throw escapable. Since there is no throw escapes in this gameplay style, I had to improvise a little bit.
-This will be fixed.
-I couldn't find a good sound effect for that animation. In Cross Tag and Uniel, the animation didn't have a sound effect aside from her voice, so I decided to leave it be.

If you ok,
I hope Japanese voice snd file.

I don't plan on making a Japanese voice file, sorry. However, I'm not opposed to someone else making a voice patch for her, just as Mister Fael did for Ruby.

Sounds good! All I require is a standing/idle sprite (possibly one with their mouth open as well for example wold be Mika's small port, I needed to see if her mouth shared colors with her skin, in which case, it did.) and the big port.

Duly noted.

Anyway, I'm going to have Mika updated later today, so stay tuned.

Re: Mika v1.01
#15  September 13, 2018, 10:33:57 pm
    • USA
Mika has now been updated.

- Changed the small port to CozySquirtle's Cross Tag port, the previous small port is now an alternate
- Reduced the invul time for Mika Tornado
- The follow up version of Mika Twister no longer has invul frames
- Made some adjustments for when the whoosh sounds play
- Added effects to Mika's tripping and falling animations
- Fixed a bug that caused Mika to immediately go into her landing animation upon using jC close to the ground
- Fixed a bug that allowed Mika to use her force breaks without having the required amount of meter

Go ahead and download her Again.
#16  September 14, 2018, 04:59:42 am
    • UK
who Awesome!???

you're awesome!!! OHMSBY

Hope TO see you work ES  From blazblue

I HOPE SHE ( ES ) NEXT after RAGNA COME OUT
Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 04:04:33 pm by Crysis4450

lui

#17  September 14, 2018, 05:42:10 pm
    • USA
Is it possible to have it so that i can make it so the burst meter moves to a different area for p3 and p4 during simul?
#18  September 14, 2018, 08:35:25 pm
    • USA
Is it possible to have it so that i can make it so the burst meter moves to a different area for p3 and p4 during simul?

I gave my characters some things that don't really work too well in simul mode (at least in vanilla, non-patched simul mode), like the astral heats and the use of red hit-boxes during throws, so this wasn't something that crossed my mind. I can't imagine that it would be too difficult to implement though, I might mess around with it later on.

lui

#19  September 14, 2018, 10:59:20 pm
    • USA
This is mostly for my own personal tag system (that isn't uno or add004) so I was just asking since I can apply it myself but thanks for the response
#20  September 15, 2018, 07:44:13 am
    • USA
This is mostly for my own personal tag system (that isn't uno or add004) so I was just asking since I can apply it myself but thanks for the response

Ah, alright then. No problem.

Anyway, the poll results are in:

Ragna has gotten the most votes, making him my next project. Thanks for participating.
#21  September 15, 2018, 08:37:10 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Ah, great! Edgy Angry Lolicon next.
#22  September 15, 2018, 08:58:46 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
#23  September 15, 2018, 04:51:20 pm
    • Brazil
Nice! Ragna is next. Are you going to use his english or japanese voices?
#24  September 15, 2018, 06:53:46 pm
    • USA
#25  September 15, 2018, 08:19:41 pm
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Was kinda hopin Mai-chan would win...but Ragna's cool too. We need a good Ragna, all the one's i've tried at least, aren't too great.

lui

#26  September 16, 2018, 11:10:02 am
    • USA
i'd love to see you tackle the DBFC characters since theyre made in the same sprite style and would fit perfectly in your system. the only difference is that the sprites are slightly larger than the UNIB characters.

Imagine Akira Yuuki and Shana in these styles :0
#27  September 16, 2018, 01:21:01 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
#28  September 16, 2018, 03:42:18 pm
    • USA
i'd love to see you tackle the DBFC characters since theyre made in the same sprite style and would fit perfectly in your system. the only difference is that the sprites are slightly larger than the UNIB characters.

Imagine Akira Yuuki and Shana in these styles :0

I have actually thought about working on Taiga, Misaka, or Kuroko (Despite the fact that I don't even have access to ignition). Perhaps I'll add them to the poll next time.

I can rip them for you.

That would be extremely helpful. Thank you so much.

#29  September 16, 2018, 05:13:24 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
That would be extremely helpful. Thank you so much.
No problems. I'll post it in a separate thread along with Noel, Hazama, Hakumen, Nu-13 and Merkava. It's about time someone does it.
#30  September 16, 2018, 05:58:12 pm
    • USA
That will be great I can make more palettes remember I am always active
#31  September 16, 2018, 09:52:26 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 This Mika plays pretty solidly, very accessible gameplay wise. The only two complaints that I have atm are sort of a minor one, but first, her damage scaling could be slightly more lenient since I've noticed how some attacks get unproportionately scaled at times (like her lv1 super doing less than even half its original damage even during small combos). Second, her Burst will fail to activate anytime she's put into a custom hit state, even those that behave like a normal hit state. For the second issue, I'm facing the same identical obstacle as this since I'm trying to find a way to make my own Sayaka's Burst work when she's put in non-cinematic custom hit states. If you find a way to fix this problem, let me know, I'd like to give my character the same fix too! =)

I'll explore the character more when I get a chance, my PC access is fairly limited atm and I've only looked into Mika for like 30 minutes.
Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 02:31:08 am by Nep Heart
#32  September 17, 2018, 12:50:35 am
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
Do you plan on replacing GFX and SFX at some point in the future?

Also, Ragna's voice clips have been uploaded, so, you can now use those instead of his CP sounds.
#33  September 17, 2018, 01:01:59 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Another piece of criticism for Mika while getting another chance to check her out.

All her attacks remain in "Movetype = A" even after the hitdef expires. This can create a lot of false positives such as confusing the AI and making Mika more susceptible to her opponent's counter bonus even she is no longer in attack state. I would recommend having every statedef that is an attack be set with a statetypeset of "Movetype = I" on all animation elements right after the last hitbox is active.

You may want to update all your characters to this standard, too, if you are doing it for Mika however.
#34  September 17, 2018, 01:43:17 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I don't know if this was changed in Cross Tag, but in UNIST, Mika's hurtboxes are a bit wider than what you've used, and her crouching hurtbox is identical to her standing one.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#35  September 17, 2018, 02:10:58 am
    • USA
her damage scaling could be slightly more lenient since I've noticed how some attacks get unproportionately scaled at times (like her lv1 super doing less than even have its original damage even during small combos).

I kinda feel the same way. I'll have to edit the dampener to ease up on certain moves, especially Mika Revolution.

Second, her Burst will fail to activate anytime she's put into a custom hit state, even those that behave like a normal hit state. For the second issue, I'm facing the same identical obstacle as this since I'm trying to find a way to make my own Sayaka's Burst work when she's put in non-cinematic custom hit states. If you find a way to fix this problem, let me know, I'd like to give my character the same fix too! =)

I've been having a hard time figuring this out as well. As it turns out, Neat Unsou's Nu-13 has this issue too. I kind of just learned not to worry about it, since all of the characters in my main roster don't restrict bursts that way.

Do you plan on replacing GFX and SFX at some point in the future?

Also, Ragna's voice clips have been uploaded, so, you can now use those instead of his CP sounds.

I haven't actually thought about it, I actually kinda like the effects that I have now. I suppose if anything, I would replace the effect for Mika tornado if I were to find a better one.

And once again, thanks a lot for ripping the voice clips.

All her attacks remain in "Movetype = A" even after the hitdef expires. This can create a lot of false positives such as confusing the AI and making Mika more susceptible to her opponent's counter bonus even she is no longer in attack state. I would recommend having every statedef that is an attack be set with a statetypeset of "Movetype = I" on all animation elements right after the last hitbox is active.

Huh, I never actually thought that this could be an issue. I was actually planning on having Ruby updated anyway, so she could have her special intro with Ragna, so this could be another thing to include, along with my other characters.

I don't know if this was changed in Cross Tag, but in UNIST, Mika's hurtboxes are a bit wider than what you've used, and her crouching hurtbox is identical to her standing one.

As far as I'm aware, there is no hitbox viewer for Cross Tag, but I feel like her hitboxes are smaller there than in unist. I wasn't trying to be 100% accurate with the hitboxes though.

Also, do you have a link to that hitbox viewer? The only unist hitbox viewer that I know of has been taken down by a cease and desist.
#36  September 17, 2018, 02:28:19 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
I kinda feel the same way. I'll have to edit the dampener to ease up on certain moves, especially Mika Revolution.

Oh, forgot to add that on supers, you may want to add "p2defmul = 1" for every super pause state controller since MUGEN automatically defaults to dividing damage of supers during combos by 1.5 whenever a super pause occurs.

OHMSBY said:
I've been having a hard time figuring this out as well. As it turns out, Neat Unsou's Nu-13 has this issue too. I kind of just learned not to worry about it, since all of the characters in my main roster don't restrict bursts that way.

The closest I've ever come to solving the problem is put a selfstate state controller under statedef -2 that forces certain custom states to revert to normal hit states, but it's not really an ideal way to go since it could potentially break a character when they're against custom state reliant opponents.
#37  September 17, 2018, 02:42:56 am
    • USA
Oh, forgot to add that on supers, you may want to add "p2defmul = 1" for every super pause state controller since MUGEN automatically defaults to dividing damage of supers during combos by 1.5 whenever a super pause occurs.

Ah, that's good to know.
#38  September 17, 2018, 09:47:43 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#39  September 17, 2018, 03:19:42 pm
    • USA
#40  September 19, 2018, 07:41:25 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
WTF? She's so broken if used correctly!
This is fate.
#41  September 23, 2018, 09:26:48 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Found another issue. Mika's damage scaling disregards whether the opponent is blocking or not. So, it's possible to get extremely small combo damage from opening the opponent up with a block string... which I am sure is not something you'd want.
#42  September 23, 2018, 06:39:59 pm
    • USA
Yeah, that is definitely something that will have to be taken care of, and I would imagine that the same applies to Ruby and Yang. It shouldn't be too hard to fix though.
Re: Mika v1.02
#43  September 24, 2018, 06:02:55 pm
    • USA
Mika has gotten an update, so go ahead and download her again.

- Fixed a bug that caused Mika's liedown gethit animation to loop
- Reduced the proration on Mika Revolution
- Increased the start up time for EX Canon, it is now in between that of the A and B versions
- Made some adjustments to the damage dampener
Re: Mika v1.025
#44  September 29, 2018, 08:24:28 am
    • USA
Tiny update for Mika, one balance change and one bug fix. Go ahead and redownload her.

- Increased the amount of time before Mika reagins control after air dashing
- Fixed a bug where the dust from sliding after a run would follow Mika while jumping
Re: Mika v1.027
#45  October 06, 2018, 04:45:13 am
    • USA
Quick update with a couple of bug fixes. Go ahead and redownload Mika.

- Fixed a bug that caused Mika to go backwards during EX Canon if the opponent is behind her
- Fixed Mika's turning animations
#46  October 12, 2018, 06:13:16 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Had to do a video with her, awesome work and thanks for the updates. :)
#47  October 20, 2018, 06:12:32 am
    • USA
@OHMSBY I noticed during simul her intro dissapears...
#48  October 20, 2018, 07:01:32 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
@OHMSBY I noticed during simul her intro dissapears...
"This character was made with only single and turns mode in mind, so using this in simul mode is probably not a good idea."

This was clearly mentioned on the readme.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#49  October 20, 2018, 06:58:15 pm
    • USA
Re: Mika v1.027 (AI Patch Now Available)
#50  November 20, 2018, 06:12:52 pm
    • USA
Holn has just made an AI Patch for Mika. Just like with the patches for Ruby and Yang, the AI is adjustable. If you're looking for a challenge from Mika, then get the AI patch here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!As2-2ameD7V7ux5YxaEiizCW5qkl

Holn, if you're reading this, your inbox is full, and it's preventing me from sending you any personal messages. You're going to have to delete some messages in your inbox to receive more messages.

Anyway, I just wanted to say yes to both of your questions, and that you have done a good job with this AI patch.
#51  November 21, 2018, 12:29:51 am
    • Japan
I'd like to have permission to create an AI patch, sorry.
Holn thinks that AI can not win against fighting game beginners, so I'd like to make AI of strength to win even fighting game beginners.
#52  November 22, 2018, 12:17:24 pm
    • UK

Ummm idk why i never to see this win pose  :(((
Re: Mika v1.04
#53  March 08, 2019, 12:58:17 am
    • USA
Mika has been updated. Go ahead and download her again.

- Upgraded to Ricepigeon's Damage Scaling System
- Upgraded to Nep Heart's Burst system (Mika can now burst during custom states, but not during throws and supers)
- Adjusted Damage Values
- All attacks now deal extra damage on counter hit
- Fixed an error where Mika could potentially chain into her normal grab with precise timing
- Adjusted frame data on grounded normals
- Mika now slides forward a bit during 2A
- 5BB can now be inputted even after 5B has whiffed
- Mika Missile is no longer an overhead
- The opponent can now recover from Mika Twister sooner
- Reduced the travel speed on EX Canon
- Added ground shatter effects
- Added special intro with Waldstein
#54  April 02, 2019, 08:41:14 am
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
does this update still work for previous A.I patch?
#55  April 02, 2019, 08:53:00 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 From my experience with Holn AI patched characters, they just use the outdated CNS files while player controlled uses the updated CNS files. So, the AI patch should work fine, just don't expect it to have the same stuff as the player will have access to.
#56  April 22, 2019, 05:05:19 pm
    • USA
By the way, could you send a link to the latest update of Ranga?
#57  April 22, 2019, 05:12:27 pm
  • Literally the goddamned fun police.
    • Canada
Re: Mika v1.08
#58  December 07, 2019, 04:40:22 pm
    • USA

It is time for the Ultra Burst update. go ahead and redownload Mika.

- New system mechanic: Ultra Burst. Burst can now be used in a neutral state, and doing so will put Mika in a powered up state that gives the following benefits:
 +Health and Meter will gradually recover overtime (Unless you're taking damage)
 +Damage output will be increased by 20%
 +Timer will be frozen
 +Hitting the opponent with the Ultra Burst will launch them upward and will be unable to recover from it
 +Hitting the opponent with the ultra burst will also grant 500 meter instantly
The time that the Ultra Burst state will last is proportionate to the amount of health lost prior to activating, Attempting an astral heat will immediately end the Ultra Burst state
- Implemented throw escape system, the opponent can now escape Mika's normal throws by inputting A+B, B+C, X+Y, or Z within 14 frames after being grabbed. However, throws are inescapable on counterhit
- New Burst icon
- Revised Burst System
- After a successful Burst, none of Mika's attacks will connect until the opponent has recovered
- Fixed an error where Mika could rapid cancel her burst
- Implemented Incremental cornerpush and hitsun decay
- It is now possible to cancel running grab into Mika Revolution
- General Improvements to effects and sounds
- General Animation adjustments
- Increased landing lag upon flying into the ground with Mika Missile
- jB is now chargeable
- Reduced active frames for jC's landing
- A and EX versions of Mika Cannon are now blockable if the opponent is already in guard stun, they are unblockable otherwise
- Normal throw now behaves more like it does in the source games
- Mika now gets a bonk on the head during her end of the match win pose
- Improved Astral Heat
- Added AI
#59  February 17, 2020, 04:39:52 pm
    • USA
Ok I found a minor bug that's not in simul mode this time, Now whenever I use Baraka (by OMEGAPSYCHO) in a match with Mika and she wins no matter what happens, this happened everytime.:

I tested this with his other characters, and it was normal:

And this bug only happens when with Mika I tested your other charcters and it was normal, too.
Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 07:09:51 pm by Capricorn Kid
#60  February 17, 2020, 04:52:51 pm
    • USA
I don't think its a bug with Mika, it could be a bug with Baraka and IIRC, Baraka hasn't been updated in a few years. I had a similar problem with said Baraka.
*New Site* (W.I.P)
#61  February 17, 2020, 05:06:39 pm
    • USA
I don't think its a bug with Mika, it could be a bug with Baraka and IIRC, Baraka hasn't been updated in a few years. I had a similar problem with said Baraka.

Oh ok, I was wondering who was the reason for this bug.
Re: Mika v1.09
#62  March 06, 2020, 02:08:31 am
    • USA
Quick update for Mika. Go ahead and redownload her.

- Mika Canon is now immune to throws up until the last active frame
- Fixed the misaligned hitspark on jB
- Fixed an error in the Incremental Corner Push code
- Fixed an error where the ground bounce effect would play twice after the opponent lands from Mika Hip Strike