YesNoOk

Ragna the Bloodedge v1.12 (Read 97204 times)

Started by OHMSBY, September 26, 2018, 05:16:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ragna the Bloodedge v1.032
#61  October 03, 2018, 04:37:26 am
    • Brazil
This is actually something I already knew about, I didn't know how to fix it until now.

It turns out that I accidentally gave one of the custom states the same state number as the continue state.

Anyway, Ragna has been updated with the fix, so you can go ahead and redownload him.

- Fixed a bug that caused Ragna to go into a custom state during the continue screen

Any chance for a AI for your Ragna?
#62  October 03, 2018, 05:17:43 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
My knowledge on coding AI is very limited. So if Ragna is getting AI any time soon, it won't be from me.

I may ask Holn to make an AI patch if there is enough demand for it.
#63  October 03, 2018, 07:32:49 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I think if anyone deserves an AI patch it's the main man himself.
#64  October 03, 2018, 08:33:07 am
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
We really do not have a good Ragna with an AI (or an AI for that one really good Noel). I -might- try to make one myself, but it might end up being a little much to deal with every time even if I will not make it cheat like my other characters.
#65  October 03, 2018, 02:16:05 pm
    • Brazil
My knowledge on coding AI is very limited. So if Ragna is getting AI any time soon, it won't be from me.

I may ask Holn to make an AI patch if there is enough demand for it.

He did a pretty good job for Ruby and Yang. It would be pretty cool if he did one for Ragna. He deserves one.
#66  October 03, 2018, 06:40:45 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
We really do not have a good Ragna with an AI (or an AI for that one really good Noel). I -might- try to make one myself, but it might end up being a little much to deal with every time even if I will not make it cheat like my other characters.

I say go for it, let them feel the power of the Azure.  After all, doesn't Ragna deserve to be kind of a threat?  Wait, which Noel are you talking about?
#67  October 03, 2018, 06:46:42 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

I say go for it, let them feel the power of the Azure.  After all, doesn't Ragna deserve to be kind of a threat?  Wait, which Noel are you talking about?

he's talking about noel vermillion from blazblue
#68  October 03, 2018, 07:31:03 pm
I like your chars, Susanoo, Izanami and Terumi are the best and my favorites in blazblue, when talking of villains. But Ragna is really an amacing character, if you like to create a Ragna, you have my suport. I don't have any problems with him being really strong
#69  October 03, 2018, 08:11:10 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!

The one by ron_ti_chu I think. You can tell it's the right one by looking at ther sprites, which look a little blurry due to not being direct sprite rips. She is also around 160MB unpacked, but it is the best version of Noel available.

I have been wondering...How long does it usually take you to finish these characters? With or without taking breaks.
#70  October 03, 2018, 09:03:38 pm
    • USA
Without taking breaks into consideration, I'd say about a week to a week and a half. 2 weeks at most.

Although with Mai, it will probably take a little longer since I'm still trying to figure out how to get Gallia Sphyras to work properly.
#71  October 03, 2018, 09:15:34 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
Without taking breaks into consideration, I'd say about a week to a week and a half. 2 weeks at most.

Although with Mai, it will probably take a little longer since I'm still trying to figure out how to get Gallia Sphyras to work properly.

I'm going to assume the hitboxes are a bigger problem than angling the spear itself.
#72  October 03, 2018, 09:41:14 pm
    • USA
Right now, the biggest issue is getting it to properly track the opponent after the direction change, I haven't run into any problems with hitboxes just yet.

If I don't get it figured out soon, then I'll ask about it in the development help section.
#73  October 06, 2018, 02:16:52 am
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
An issue I kept forgetting to talk about was that Ragna, Yang and Ruby can only be hit with crouching attacks when they're dizzy. (This is not an issue with Mika.)
Re: Ragna the Bloodedge v1.033
#74  October 06, 2018, 04:50:33 am
    • USA
I initially didn't see this as that big of an issue. But yeah, Yang probably should've been hit by that attack there.

Anyway, Ragna, Ruby, and Yang have gotten an update that fixes this. So you can go ahead and redownload them.

- Increased the height of Ragna's hurtbox during the dizzy animation
#75  October 06, 2018, 10:11:17 am
#76  October 06, 2018, 01:21:33 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Alongside the bug Manby mentioned, you might also want to take a look at the Devoured by Darkness super again. I compared it to your other characters and I'm beginning to think it does too much damage for a level 1 distortion drive. It almost does half of the opponent's health if it successfully hits. Damage values seems to be inconsistent as some of your characters do less while some do more.

Also, this 2nd issue applies with all your characters. I've been playing arcade mode and just realized they lose all of their meter when a new round starts. Is this intentional? I do know that Blazblue Cross Tag Battle has no rounds, but it sucks if you want to save up meter for the next round and then losing it all, having to build it up all over again. It feels kinda tedious and I hope you can adjust this.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#77  October 06, 2018, 02:38:02 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
Also, this 2nd issue applies with all your characters. I've been playing arcade mode and just realized they lose all of their meter when a new round starts. Is this intentional? I do know that Blazblue Cross Tag Battle has no rounds, but it sucks if you want to save up meter for the next round and then losing it all, having to build it up all over again. It feels kinda tedious and I hope you can adjust this.

That is how it works in normal BB games. All meter and character-specific gauges are reset between rounds except for Overdrive (e.g. Susano'o's unlocked specials are locked again, etc), which is not refilled if it's emptied in the previous round.

Devoured by Darkness does deal too much damage. I am getting Calamity Trigger flashbacks here. It should be lowered to at least 320.
Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 02:41:06 pm by Susanoo-no-Mikoto
Re: Ragna the Bloodedge v1.035
#78  October 06, 2018, 03:32:16 pm
    • USA
I downloaded the update and when I did Ragna's Belial Edge this happened.
https://streamable.com/7soe2

Looks like the trigger for the landing got deleted somehow, whoops

Devoured by Darkness does deal too much damage. I am getting Calamity Trigger flashbacks here. It should be lowered to at least 320.

Agreed

Along with what Susanoo said, this is not just in Blazblue games, but most other Arc System Works games as well. This is meant to encourage the player to go all out in each round rather than be conservative.

The update that fixes both of these things has just been uploaded, so go ahead and redownload Ragna.

- Fixed Ragna not landing after belial edge
- Lowered the damage on devoured by darkness

Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 07:16:50 pm by OHMSBY
#79  October 08, 2018, 08:35:16 pm
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
ohh he still get update? btw I made my own palette. so check this out!

so far those two palette I work on is try to reflence to CP Original pallet. if you interest I will make the link for you!
Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 08:56:28 pm by ArcBeast
#80  October 09, 2018, 01:56:43 am
  • Hahahahahaaa All Burn!
    • USA
    • kojikomos@hotmail.com
NEKOS ARE JUSTICE!

My Youtube Channel