YesNoOk

add004basic (Read 1479755 times)

Started by Shiyo Kakuge, June 18, 2014, 05:46:41 pm
Share this topic:
Re: add004basic
#1161  November 04, 2018, 01:56:40 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Put the above in code tags for easier viewing.
#1162  November 05, 2018, 07:09:00 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I cant seem to call assist no matter what I do with this,am I doing sth wrong?
I use 6 buttons characters nothing calls out the assists
#1163  November 21, 2018, 08:15:37 pm
Well, I made some progress on my own, since the "help" you get here is not much to collaborate on. Most of what you get here is "read the docs".

But overall, I wanted to show some stuff i have managed to accomplish.

This is my attempt at creating a 2 player hyper move.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

This is my attempt at creating a 2 player hyper move for a total of 2 per character. (So far)

This is another attempt (All 3 of them have been implemented) to make a super and tag out for more custom control.

This is the assists I have been able to code in. Anti-Air, close range, medium range and far away. (4 Different in total)

Some other stuff I have been working on. Call another player while being dizzy or whatever.

And lastly, a chain of supers as long as you have power bar.

Sorry for the quality of the videos. First time recording. Let me know your taughts, ideas and opinions.

Thanks.

#1164  November 21, 2018, 09:24:42 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Thats really good stuff, I think that calling other characters while dizzy ain't necessary imo, since you're supposed to be vunerable while dizzy, and the chain supers might be a bit too much of a cluster.

Since you're open to ideas...

Hey, i want to know if its possible to have some pause effect on the tag switch while the character is running trough the screen, something like MvCI, i think it would make tag combos more fluid and open more possibilities.

0:27 for reference.

Lasagna
#1165  November 21, 2018, 09:42:04 pm
...Calling other characters while dizzy ain't necessary imo, since you're supposed to be vunerable while dizzy....

Chain supers might be a bit too much of a cluster.

Since you're open to ideas...

First, I'm not releasing any of the code. It's not mine. I just learned it and modified it. Was trying to show what "we" can do. I did this by myself, and I haven't release or been involved in MUGEN for like 10 years. Mind you, that this was made with 4 characters. They all have 2 Team Super Moves and 1 Tag Out super move, with 4 assists each.

1. I know, but it's not what it's supposed, it's what I manage to do. Also, in a Team Battle, I would jump in for my partner and help. It's for me.

2. MvC was always a cluster of characters with assists and team hypers. Again, it's for me. I was just showing.

3. I have tried MANY times with the knowledge I know, and I can't get it to pause like that. It always pauses the ENTIRE team.

Im reading more into UNOSHE's code (Uno Tag). I was able to understand it and port some of it to Add004. I'll keep checking because I know, there is a small "pause" when you tag in the partner like what you want. (I would also like it) See next note.

Things that I would still like to do:
1. Tag in with an attack
2. A character template created by "us" (The active Mugen community) to perfection (No bugs, better versions of old codes). So that future characters will be better, more compatible with each other and more "universal".

I wish we can come together and create a full game, work together, help each other learn and understand, so that they can be better.

This, "read the docs" crap is not working. It didnt work in the old "Mugen Development Forum" if some of you remember that place. That's where I started.

I hope, some day.....
#1166  November 21, 2018, 10:11:17 pm
    • Brazil
Ok man, I wish you luck on whatever you're up to, thanks for clarifying.
Lasagna
#1167  November 25, 2018, 12:44:00 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
so redhot's morrigan doesn't wanna work with add004, anyway to fix this
#1168  November 27, 2018, 11:59:09 pm
Has anyone added this system to Ikemen+?
If so how to add this in?
#1169  November 28, 2018, 12:22:51 am
    • Greece
Ikemen go plus already has the system, you dont have to patch the characters.
#1170  December 06, 2018, 01:45:38 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I recall running into a similar issue with the Uno Tag system before and I wasn't sure how to correct it, basically I patched a character (in this case with just the add004 patch) and for some reason all seems well but the EX Flash Kick on Trololo's Charlie/Nash does a substantial more damage than it's supposed to. I remember in a video it mentioned something about going into the state and editing the damage value of the move, but even after looking through the characters files, I can't seem to figure this one out, any solutions possibly? sorry if this seems like the wrong place to ask
#1171  December 11, 2018, 06:23:50 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Anyone knows If I can use Bs0 lifebar with running in tag system?
#1172  December 12, 2018, 02:29:59 am
    • Australia
Edit: Nevermind I misread.

I don't think there is a config switch for Run in VS Jump in

If you want the characters to run into the screen while tagging instead of jumping in, you'll have to overwrite the jump in states in BS0 with the run in states from Add004.
Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:35:27 am by kenmasters2812
#1173  December 19, 2018, 09:12:26 am
    • USA
Hey guys i'm really enjoying the 3v3 mugen its so much fun but i'm having an issue as you can see Chun Li during intros is facing the wrong way making it look like she is on the player 1 team how do I fix that? sorry for grammar and pronunciation issues.

https://imgur.com/a/gL4QEyz
#1174  December 19, 2018, 10:14:40 am
    • Brazil
Try restoring and patching again.
Lasagna
#1175  December 19, 2018, 10:53:09 am
    • USA
#1176  December 19, 2018, 12:10:08 pm
    • Brazil
Yeah maybe she(or other character used) has some codes left causing that bug, try redownloading just in case.
Lasagna
#1177  December 20, 2018, 01:10:22 am
    • USA
Hey guys i'm curious if there is a separate way to patch characters to work in the 3v3 tag format? At the moment I use Capcom Vs SNK tag team as a base and i'm noticing in the characters files they're are to def files and one of them says 3V3. I was just wondering how that gets done
#1178  December 20, 2018, 01:43:13 am
    • Brazil
You can patch characters separately by using their .def file instead of mugen.exe
Lasagna
#1179  December 22, 2018, 02:23:13 am
    • USA
How do I perform super cancels with a partner assist, cause I try to attempt it and it didn't work. Can somebody help me out?
#1180  December 22, 2018, 08:15:39 pm
    • USA
Does anyone know the 3v3 add-on needed to use 3v3 tag in add004?