YesNoOk

Jump Force (Naruto, DBZ, One Piece, Death Note) (Read 239287 times)

Started by yaret, June 11, 2018, 05:19:48 am
Share this topic:
Jump Force (Naruto, DBZ, One Piece, Death Note)
#1  June 11, 2018, 05:19:48 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Trailer and early gameplay
Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 12:41:41 am by Foobs
Re: Jump Force (Naturo, DBZ, One pieace, Dead note.
#2  June 11, 2018, 05:50:05 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Looks very much like a storm game. Glad it's on PC.
#3  June 11, 2018, 06:01:31 am
It looks like J-Stars Victory VS which sucked balls. I'm not impressed by this footage.
#4  June 11, 2018, 06:02:13 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Looks REALLY underwhelming in Gameplay and sound (which lacks of impact) but, early work so...

Probably the closest thing to a "What IF we PLATINUM´G Shonnen Anime" that i have seen so far.

Tho, this realistic graphic style doesn´t look good on Dragon Ball or One Piece characters (imo) but Naruto looks allright, i like.
#5  June 11, 2018, 03:22:21 pm
    • Netherlands
My one and only hopes  for this game is a playable Sanji and Don Patch. That's all. Maybe Gyro Zeppeli if the stars align.
#6  June 11, 2018, 03:47:40 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
You got the names of the series completely wrong.  DBZ is actually DBX.
#7  June 11, 2018, 04:17:19 pm
(Watching without sound)
The backgrounds and wind effects are really pretty, but so much sparks and particle effect. I also think Kurama's fur and the hyper detailed weaves on the cloth look super weird for the anime style. I'm already not that fond of hyper realistic cloth weave in most games (like Tekken, for one), but this really clashes with the anime faces.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8  June 11, 2018, 04:45:44 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Kinda hard to get excited for this when it will be another generic anime arena fighter.
#9  June 11, 2018, 05:08:51 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Fighers so far. why they didnt use Naruto storm arts style :S the game would be10 times better in its artistic design.
Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 05:21:58 pm by yaret
#10  June 11, 2018, 05:19:40 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Ok, so I just have to ask this.  Is the fact they're actually trying to have this all take place in reality just a long lead-up to an "Anime is real" joke?  Because that would be brilliant.

But uh, yeah, it's another anime arena fighter, but trying to look hyper-realistic, with typically only makes a handful of anime things really cool, and the rest really awkward.  Ichigo's probably going to look badass, and they got Naruto down pretty well, but Goku and Frieza are all weirdly slimey and Luffy is out of my eldritch-fueled nightmares.  That gear form is scarier than anything any horror game's put out.  And it'll probably only be topped once Arale shows up.

Also.
Jump Force (Naturo, DBZ, One pieace, Dead note.
#11  June 16, 2018, 08:45:38 pm
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/15/jump-forces-latest-tease-focuses-death-note/ - https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/jun/15/jump-forces-death-note-characters-wont-be-playable-says-games-producer/
Confirmed : Death Note characters aren't playable, they're just here for the story (well, they'll probably be strikers because this game will definitely have them if they're making models like that).
Also there was some gameplay of Zoro vs Sasuke showing off a couple notable moves but it wasn't very interesting, the specials are kinda low key for a shounen fighting game (Sasuke's Amaterasu is just setting the ground on fire for a while and that's it, and his Susano'o just does like one boring Chidiori and that's it). Hyper realistic backgrounds are still pretty, but really disconnected from the anime action. I was thinking with Naruto's and Goku's cloth and Kurama's fur that there might still be placeholder textures from Unreal Engine 4, but I don't see them walking this back.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 08:55:25 pm by Byakko

lui

#12  June 17, 2018, 05:56:59 pm
    • USA
the default UE4 lighting parameters really clash with the overall style of the game

animations look really bad so far and i dont see alot of new sounds, alot of the sounds a reused from previous games

gameplay looks pretty uninspired.

reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally not looking too hot. i hope it's a pre pre pre alpha because hot damn this looks like a mess so far to show off at e 3.
#13  June 17, 2018, 06:45:34 pm
the default UE4 lighting parameters really clash with the overall style of the game

animations look really bad so far and i dont see alot of new sounds, alot of the sounds a reused from previous games
I'm pretty sure those parts are default stuff that will get changed later because they probably only started working on it very recently so they didn't bother yet with sounds and UI and that sort of stuff. Same with the particle effects. I'm glad developers get a bit more comfortable showing off stuff that's really early (like Ubisoft having the balls to show that ugly ass "this is Sparta" kick as soon as Odyssey was leaked, it was hilarious), compared to not showing anything for years because they're afraid people will call them out on how unfinished it looks and marketing tells them they can only show perfect finished stuff and that's fucking stupid and really infuriating and marketing should get hanged, but it's a bit frustrating that they don't say anything about what's just default placeholder and will get changed later on. Baby steps, I guess.
Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 06:52:25 pm by Byakko
#14  July 02, 2018, 10:03:17 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Ichigo, Rukia, and Aizen have all been confirmed playable.  There's also a stage set in Hong Kong that has Blackbeard's raft crashed into it.
#15  July 02, 2018, 11:47:52 pm
    • USA
Ok, playable Rukia helps patch over the irritation at Goku swapping Ichigo's Shonen Trio spot for the reveal for me.  And as I figured, the more realistic look would fit them much better than those shown so far too.  This makes me happy to hear, I'll gladly play these three.
#16  July 03, 2018, 12:15:22 am
Goku swapping Ichigo's Shonen Trio spot
... I'm sorry, are you saying you were expecting the poster shonen trio to not have Goku but Ichigo - Naruto - Luffy ? Ichigo's popularity dropped the day Bleach ended and how can you expect Goku to go anywhere ever.

Ugh, this particle explosion overload is just getting ugly.
#17  July 03, 2018, 12:34:19 am
    • USA
I expected Goku to be within his own anime bracket.  It's freaking Goku, either place him by himself because of Dragon Ball's ridiculous popularity/influence or with similar era anime characters like Yusuke.  Regardless of Bleach as a series dying, it, One Piece and Naruto were a trio for the longest time.  It feels off to have Goku there at the same level with two shows inspired by his.

Preferably you'd have all four on the cover, really, but it just makes more sense to me for them to keep the Shonen Jump trio together over just the biggest names.
#18  July 03, 2018, 12:38:26 am
Oh, you mean like this team is the millennial shonen team and that team is the '80s-'90s world-breaking genre defining shonen team, okay.
#19  July 03, 2018, 12:55:45 am
    • USA
Precisely.  The last game familiar to this I played was a bit of J-All Stars, which kept Goku with the likes of Kenshin, Yusuke and Arale, with later series like Naruto, Bleach and One Piece grouped together and earlier stuff like Kenshiro off by himself.
#20  August 02, 2018, 03:26:26 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Bleach characters gameplay trailer:

This is just reminding me what an absolute clusterfuck Bleach's final arc was, because I genuinely can't remember why Ichigo is dressed that way or why his sword is shaped like that.  Rukia's bankai looks good here, though.