YesNoOk

Superman by Jmaxximus & Electro (Read 20857 times)

Started by ELECTR0, August 17, 2017, 03:33:27 pm
Share this topic:
Superman by Jmaxximus & Electro
#1  August 17, 2017, 03:33:27 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
The time is almost here. Superman alpha_1.0 will be released on 12/21/2018. Until then I hope you enjoy this battle against Doctor Fate.  :geek:

Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 10:02:31 am by ELECTR0
Re: Superman by Jmaxximus & Electro
#2  August 17, 2017, 03:39:00 pm
the background from after  burner, hells yeah ! Looking great man.
#3  August 17, 2017, 03:48:56 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
That's a really freakin cool hyper.

The only suggestion I have to improve it, is if you slow/speed up the background animation to give the hits more emphasis - since the camera is following Superman who is changing speed.  When Superman charges forward to hit the BG anim should speed up, then slow down when P2 is hit.... speed back up again for 2nd charge, slow down for 2nd hit.

#4  August 17, 2017, 05:40:13 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
the background from after  burner, hells yeah ! Looking great man.

I had to cut out the planes from 300 something sprites by hand to make it happen. I kept thinking to myself (this better be worth it in the end). Luckily it turned out pretty good.

That's a really freakin cool hyper.

The only suggestion I have to improve it, is if you slow/speed up the background animation to give the hits more emphasis - since the camera is following Superman who is changing speed.  When Superman charges forward to hit the BG anim should speed up, then slow down when P2 is hit.... speed back up again for 2nd charge, slow down for 2nd hit.

The hyper where it's showing a side view will get a speed boost. It actually looks better/faster in a normal resolution Mugen, but the widescreen version which I record with does look really slow. Thanks for the feedback!
#5  August 18, 2017, 03:49:16 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
awesome char... i like a lot of your design
#6  August 18, 2017, 09:50:55 pm
  • NYC Bisexual.go pirde+) 2019
    • USA
    • Skype - mikecrazy2004
    • IG
great superman
Love to make friends.....&i'm LGQBT Friendly here. so gay bi. or whoever  pplz is all good. 2 me & welcome.
now            don't Be shyyyy hmu...........if u need help...           

stage ,char, screenpack maker
#7  August 18, 2017, 10:01:06 pm
    • USA
Are you ripping this from a game? Like a final fantasy airship intro kinda thing. Oh yeah I just read. Cool
#8  August 18, 2017, 10:59:34 pm
    • Spain
    • oscarstg1@gmail.com
noooo,make the animations in the city,type Superman movie,broken building
#9  July 26, 2018, 03:45:24 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
The project has picked back up & happy to show some new stuff for Supes. Watch as Thor tries to handle the man of steel in this epic bout.

Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 03:50:43 am by ELECTR0
#10  July 26, 2018, 06:09:14 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Looking good man! Obviously the beam(s) need to get extended out a bit further for the full screen.
One suggestion would be to have the ultra at 2:50 have a wind-up and a punch. The 1 frame holding out the hand just doesn't seem to have the impact.
I think if Superman could throw a boulder that'd be awesome !
The sounds for his CAPT. Kirk punch at 4:31 sounds more like it connect than it whiffs.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#11  July 26, 2018, 07:40:07 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
The sounds for his CAPT. Kirk punch at 4:31 sounds more like it connect than it whiffs.

You talking about when he starts his speed dash? To you it sounds like it's an impact sound instead of a dash sound? As for the boulder i'll keep that in mind. Sounds like a good idea.

#12  July 27, 2018, 05:43:25 pm
#13  July 27, 2018, 08:01:14 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Is this the 1st Rebirth version of New 52?
#14  July 30, 2018, 08:04:12 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
Another preview of Supes. This time showing off a new throw & a few of the many scenarios that can happen on his Up & Away hyper. The hypers speed has also been increased.

Is this the 1st Rebirth version of New 52?

I think Jmaxximus has based Supes costume on that version. I haven't really talked to him about it. There will be different costumes & versions/play styles within Superman so it's best to assume this is universal version of the Man of Steel.
#15  July 30, 2018, 11:29:51 am
#16  July 30, 2018, 09:25:05 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
@AlexSin Yea I did.
#17  August 01, 2018, 01:46:47 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
Showing off yet another scenario. This one might not be for everyone, seeing how some people don't like their heroes destroying stuff. So I'll have a different file on release that doesn't have this scenario in the mix.

#18  August 01, 2018, 03:54:27 pm
I for one think it looks awesome, I don't feel bad about since the area looks abandoned.  Supes can do stuff like this as long as he is not actively throwing and destroying around obvious civilians.  As a matter of fact why don't you add him saving some civilians in some of the parts.  Example:  the parts where he is knocking the opponent up into the buildings he can save some random people especially rescue some from the fire on the upper floor.  The only thing I would want is a little more debris and smoke on the initial slamming into the buildings to hide the jaggies that pop up.

and I wish this supes had a smart pal for the red trunks...always thought it weird to cover supes in pseudo armor and collar...it kind of detracts from him being super...anyway great work
#19  August 01, 2018, 09:53:16 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
I agree about the red trunks. I'm starting to wrap up the coding for the alpha release & then help Jmaxximus on the sprites. When I have time for that i'll make a new smart palette for the trunks & other costume options. As for the hyper. The civilians saving idea is not bad. Keep that in mind while working on scenarios.
#20  August 02, 2018, 02:23:58 am
Yeah watching your vid there is enough pauses to save on one bottom level and one lower level...you might not even have sprite the full civilian. ..you can have a blur and achieve the rest audibly with "thank you superman" and "help" but not in that order lol

And did you say alpha? If this is true you're too kind
Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 02:29:31 am by warecus