YesNoOk

Djoul's stuff (Read 59545 times)

Started by Djoul, December 05, 2016, 01:43:49 pm
Re: Djoul's stuff
#21  December 06, 2016, 12:53:39 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
hyper dimension anims werent that dynamic, you are probably better off just sketching something up and avoiding a lot of copypasting when makign new moves.
Think of animation as being a rubber band if you pull the body one side and then release, the motion should go throughout the whole form.
#22  December 06, 2016, 02:42:05 pm
Yep I will do that ;) I need my wife to imitate the move I have in mind for the poses ^^ I will do it later and comeback with a prototype.

Air dash foward :
#23  December 06, 2016, 05:13:14 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
if you dont' want to waste the body movement , make the punch a hook, so it follow the body.
#24  December 07, 2016, 06:12:54 pm
A small progress today

I am on the new punch !
#25  December 07, 2016, 06:26:52 pm
  • hdbz is love,hdbz is life
  • i like hyper dragon ball z
    • Brazil
impressive
#26  December 07, 2016, 08:45:15 pm
    • Canada
You've probably seen these gifs before, but HQ and Alex have both made versions of this punch.

Take note of the way his hips and knees bend.
#27  December 07, 2016, 08:51:25 pm
Thx Barker ! Actually I am trying something a little bit different (I don't like to copy :P). For the moment it's seems to be not too bad. I will show you tomorrow.

But I am not stubborn as a mule :D, if you don't like the result I will take that move as a base.
#28  December 08, 2016, 04:26:05 pm
So here my new punch !

#29  December 08, 2016, 04:32:13 pm
    • Argentina
The animation is good. I think the shading when the extended arm is quite odd. Be careful because his pants get bigger and his shading changes drastically. The axis is wrong (I know it's just a GIF) but it might help you to see the mistakes.

I edited the axis so you can see it better (I hope you don't mind):
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I think his arm should look more like this. I noticed that his right (our left) shoulder looks odd too, shading wise.

Keep it up :)
Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 04:39:19 pm by HadeS
#30  December 08, 2016, 04:38:27 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Too many parts of his body are just moved around too. You won't be able to take many shortcuts trying to imitate this style. Also for that punch to look good his body needs more snap. Currently it looks like he's reaching high to grab something off a tall shelf.
#31  December 08, 2016, 06:20:31 pm
Thx for your coms ! So if I understand, the punch should looks like more like the sprites you show me above (final pose) ? And the  legs need more movement.
#32  December 08, 2016, 06:31:13 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Try to work from HQ's version (the top one I think), it seems to be the better one to base it off of. It actually feels more like a stretchy punch that carries impact.

Or if you want, redraw the poses in the aforementioned version to match what you did with Kid Buu.
This is a generic forum signature.
#33  December 08, 2016, 07:02:01 pm
Ok let's go for more movement and a match. Thx for your feedbacks, will be back !
#34  December 08, 2016, 07:02:51 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#35  December 08, 2016, 07:35:20 pm
Oh thank you, it seems to be very interesting ! I will come back soon.

HQ

#36  December 08, 2016, 08:03:28 pm
I really don't have much time these days, but this quick "fix" (the legs and some other stuff needs more work) should help you find some possible improvements:

Always try to envision how the limbs would move back to the stance to make the animation fluid.
Also, watch out with the shading jumping between sprites.
I also made the punch straight forward because against Gotenks or smaller Characters it might not hit. Could be on purpose though too
#37  December 08, 2016, 08:59:11 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I like it hitting higher. Anti air snake attack!
#38  December 08, 2016, 09:43:33 pm
Thank you all, let's take the time to do a cool anim for him. I just want to show the progress before I go to sleep. :)

I just finished this sprite, I like it ! Your snake sprite is coming Just no Point !

It's not finished of course, but the begining of the animation seems to be interesting. Maybe I will add an other "snake" frame before this sprite to make the move more like the anime. And I will finish by the recovery frames tomorrow.

Good night !
#39  December 08, 2016, 10:13:11 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
There is something really bothering about a good part of the animations in there, and that is how his arm and chest look so pillow shaded. Pillow shading in pixel art is when the brightening of the sprite is coming from the center, rather than a natural lightsource direction, which is pretty bad, and you should avoid causing it to happen:

And speaking of the lightsource, his abdomen area seems to be getting way too much light, despite not being overly exposed to the lightsource, which I would expect to be coming from above. Here's a quick fix:

Shit
#40  December 08, 2016, 10:56:02 pm
    • Canada
It also appears like the 'airhole' on his shoulder is always centered. When he's winding his arm back like that the airhole should move to the outside (our left).

Keep putting in the work though. It'll all come naturally soon.