YesNoOk

"New 52" Superman by Hannibal/Kal Elvis, revamped by Tumatae UPDATED 11/2/13 (Read 20240 times)

Started by dakidbanks, June 16, 2013, 08:37:16 pm
Share this topic:
"New 52" Superman by Hannibal/Kal Elvis, revamped by Tumatae UPDATED 11/2/13
New #1  June 16, 2013, 08:37:16 pm
"What started out as a simple private re-spriting project turned out to be so much more.
I thought to myself that i would be respriting his costume and be done with it. Then i started to tinker with the animations,next thing i knew i was dabbling into coding (Mainly look at what other people have done, change it a little bit and put it in there). I consider none of these codes to be my original work. I guess frankencoding would be my word for it.

-Superman New 52 V 0.9
Note that it is not 100% done.
Due to my extreme inexperience with coding and mugen in general, I am expecting plenty of bugs and gameplay mechanics oversights.

Respectful constructive criticism will be very helpful

I expect that after seeing Man of Steel and as more  New 52 Superman things comes out I hope that i will be able to adapt what I see there into this Mugen character.

Credits are in the read me

Known bugs:
-Some characters get bugged w/ lv3 hyper. They will get uppercut but fall down soon after.
-Some charaters when frozen cannot be hit w/ <-(charge 45 ticks), ->,Y move.
-Flight mode ai and overall functionality needs alot of work (not really a bug, more of a wip)

DL Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d0ziln6m1spwnng/Superman52.zip "

ORIGINAL POST: http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t1256-superman-new-52-hannibal-kal-elvis-edit
Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:13:57 pm by dakidbanks
Re: "New 52" Superman by Hannibal/Kal Elvis, revamped by Tumatae
#2  June 17, 2013, 12:12:44 pm
    • USA
I wanted to know what the name of the stage that is in your video that superman is fighting on.looks like a hi res desert mountain pass.i wanted to put it for his stage since it goes with the music from the new movie since that stage is similar from what I saw in the movie
#3  June 17, 2013, 12:32:14 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#4  June 17, 2013, 12:36:09 pm
#5  June 17, 2013, 12:37:48 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Gotta love all the off-topicness, with answers that don't even answer the question properly....

That being said, I'll give some feedback shortly.
#6  June 17, 2013, 12:53:26 pm
better than original  :bravo:
#7  June 17, 2013, 07:58:03 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
This looks very good judging from the video. Downloading tonight for sure!! Thanks for sharing. :sugoi:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#8  June 22, 2013, 12:23:14 am
    • www.ablsearch.com/gamingforum/
I'm not technical savy so I'm just going to comment

This Superman is what it should have been done with him from the beginning!  He is fast and furious and this is exactly what I would have expected from a character having his name.  This superman is a keeper.. great updates and additional moves

Thanks for the share!
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#9  June 23, 2013, 08:31:08 am
yeh this is better than the original and quite cool.my only problem is i think he's a bit under powered but that's just my opinion,i mean its superman he should be epic ,maybe have rubble and dust rise from the ground when throwing punches etc to show power.what about supers that blast opponents across the stage or into space lol.some of the moves where he has a flying attack look a bit weak and should be more like a nuclear bomb hitting the opponent with shock waves etc.
imagine using superman with mugen 1.1 he should be able to launch opponents far all the way to the other side of the screen with massive attacks or even a single blow then blast into them in an instant,maybe have a screen shake effect or explosive effect.what about doing an effect when the opponent blocks an attack like a punch from superman the opponent is forced and knocked back like he is being hit by a truck with a sonic boom effect
Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 03:54:15 pm by steab666
#10  June 23, 2013, 11:53:09 am
    • www.ablsearch.com/gamingforum/
I agree with steab666!!! You can intensify his power by doing some small edits, Since he is an edit from the original some moves you did not edit look weak in comparison to the edits you added. 
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#11  June 24, 2013, 02:58:50 am
i love this character. The comment about being underpowered is blasphemy!!!!!! lol. My favorite changes you made are the punches. old superman couldn't punch for $&!+. i cant explain how happy i am with this character. thankyou
#12  June 24, 2013, 10:52:02 am
    • rready@ciffreobona.fr
Like: This is a keeper. Great update.
Dislike: The sprites need some work here and there, and the face should be younger in some edits, the haircut change too mucH
i'm a genius, check my body :)
#13  November 05, 2013, 08:08:56 pm
This Superman was recently updated

The original author Tumutae wrote

"11/02/13
-New face on alot of the sprites. (not 100% but i covered most static moves and poses)
-New heat vision. I changed it so it wont cut off then using it in mugen 1.1 and zoomed out.
-New super heat vision
-new hit sounds. It really makes a difference
-maybe some minor changes that i forgot. its been a while

I put it in a separate dl in case you dont like the change.

Notice the difference form the 1st release?

V2:
DL link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zrxrz7m9k8aavx8/Superman52_V2.7z (NEW)"